Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Member locked threads

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 9th June 2020 00:46
If a poster has created a thread that is member-locked, then should people in positions of power (mods) contribute to such threads in the capacity of a general poster (to agree or disagree) or only in the capacity of a moderator (i.e., reinforce forum rules)?
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 9th June 2020 00:56
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

Preferably as a moderator :)

But considering the current climate and the background of majority of current threads, I think a balanced approach should be presented and not a one way discussion.

If the poster presents posts of views for and against the topic or the poster is known to be either biased or Intentionally/unintentionally misleading or even watering down topics, then it needs to be highlighted.

At other times, most threads are left to the individual.

At the same time, should you feel something is not right, please report the post and let admin deal with.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 9th June 2020 07:07
The only person I wanted to block from contributing to my thread on the treatment of kuffar was Ssaad, but this feature is not available. I welcome the admins contribution to the thread as just another user. In fact if Ssaad agrees not to contribute to the thread then I will open it up. I would much prefer the thread to be open so it can be balanced and unbiased.
+2 -0