You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Abu Muavia
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 7th May 2020 03:19
Also, would it not me more saddening the fact that unfortunately inevitably there will be some people despite hearing the athaan, not pray salaah with jamaah?
That would be very dangerous. No?
Jumuah and ramadhan time is well and good when hearts are softened and the environment is there but in normal days?
Although there will be some people who normally would not pray but due the fact that adhaan is heard loudly will now be encouraged to.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 8th May 2020 19:22
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 9th May 2020 02:49
No post ratings
Rank Image
london
Brother
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 10th May 2020 01:05
We should be happy and celebrating this moment in our lives. The Athan has so much significance in our faith and tradition. Most of us here grew up attending these Masaajid and never dreamt of this day. While we have been deprived from attending the Masjid and feel defeated, Allah sent us this blessing. If the Masaajid were still open, I don't think we would be hearing the Athan called out loudly across both boroughs. Allah knows best.

However, let us not feel that our work is done. We still have a lot of work to do in terms of broader engagement with the wider community, winning over the hearts and minds of the general public. This will not happen via Athan on loudspeaker. It can only happen through developing strong relationships with other communities, civilised discourse and interaction, civic engagement, showing a genuine concern for our city, its people and what effects it, social justice activism, and displaying the Akhlaq of Sahaabah. We are lacking in many of these areas and we really need to step up.

May Allah grant us all the tawfiq to be better representatives of Islam.
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
london
Brother
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 10th May 2020 01:09
Regardless of drawbacks it is an objective to which we should strive whilst working towards mitigating negative consequences without compromising on our values.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 18th May 2020 14:06
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2020 02:16
Stoke Newington, Hackney, London.

Another one of the Masjids not so far from my old house. (Turkish Masjid)
Loading tweet
No post ratings
Rank Image
london
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2020 17:25
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

do we need to consider Islamaphobes in our discussion, they will show bigotry and hatred regardless. و لو كره الكافرون, i can't understand why that would be a MAJOR consideration, if thats a consideration factor, should we have 'HALAL' written on shop fronts, should we wear a Jubba and hat? Yes, someone can opt out of buying from a halal butcher, but not from hearing the azaan, I'm talking from the angle of Publicly and the principle used why would it stop at AZAAN, it can be extended to other things also.

I think it's generally just an exposure problem. The less people encounter Islam/Muslims in daily life, the more they hate it! Same with immigration, the areas of UK that voted most for Brexit have the lowest immigration rates. The best antidote against racism is exposure to other cultures.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2020 20:51
I couldnt care less what islamaphobes think and say when we do someone for sake of Allah and Islam and is part of deen. Issue i had wss this only for lockdown when no one can go masjid and as soon as Ramadan or lockdown ends so will this. If its a perm thing and Muslims can hear and attend then treat but if its jus for few days it dnt really benefit us and jus let's the dogs bark for no reason syain we have special treatment.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 20th May 2020 17:31
It is really nice to be able to hear the azan at maghreb. One azan is very clear two other azans a little faint. I’m presuming from neighbouring areas. Only able to hear it due to the present quiet environment and lack of traffic. Alhamdulillah
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 20th May 2020 17:40
I can only assume some ppl like myself would be pleased but many non Muslims would not appreciate it as much as it has been imposed on them especially if they don’t understand where the sound is coming from and why. Although I must say my non Muslim neighbors have been more friendlier and helpful than usual. It could just be the appreciation of all humans due the insurance of the Covid-19 isolation.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2020 00:55
MashaAllah, another Masjid not so far away from my old house.
Loading tweet
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2020 01:31
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Suleymaniye Masjid! This brings up memories when I was in Istanbul. When looking for directions to Suleymaniye Masjid, Google Maps kept bringing up this London one :facepalm:
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#59 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2020 02:21
One of the first Turkish mosques in London.

This Masjid is in between Masjid e Quba (Stamford Hill) and the Sulaymani Masjid above.

Loading tweet
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
london
Brother
#60 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2020 21:17
*Quwwat-ul-Islam Masjid Public Adhaan*
*LAST JUMMAH OF RAMADAN: Friday 22nd May 2020*

Adhaan audio by our honorable and respected *Imam Qari Irfan sb*

Newham Council gave permission for the Adhaan to be broadcast every day throughout Ramadan to mark Iftar and Jummah, as Muslims are unable to attend mosques during the lockdown.

We would like to sincerely thank Newham Council, our neighbours and the local residents for enjoying the Adhaan with us throughout this month. This has reinforced the sense of community within Newham, a borough of peaceful and thoughtful coexistence of religious practises. Your kindness, support and compassion has been an incredible source of strength and comfort to Muslims.

youtu.be/7a5fj-BA7p4

Quwwat-UL-Islam Society
Instagram: instagram.com/qisweekend
Twitter: twitter.com/QISLondon
Facebook: facebook.com/QISLondon

*PLEASE SHARE*
+1 -0Like x 1