report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2020 22:07
WifaqulUlama wrote:
View original post

Point 4 has always been my understanding, but I have come across the following, apparently from Mufti Taqi Usmani,

Quote:
The day immediately following the Night of Bara'ah, i.e. the 15th of Sha'ban, it is mustahabb (advisable) to keep fast. Prophet Muhammad, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, is reported to have recommended this fast emphatically. Although the scholars of hadith have some doubts in the authenticity of this report, yet it is mentioned earlier that the fasts of the first half of Sha'ban have special merits and Prophet Muhammad, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, used to fast most of the days in Sha'ban. Moreover, a large number of the elders (salaf) of the Ummah have been observing the fast of the 15th of Sha'ban. This constant practice indicates that they have accepted the relevant hadith as authentic.Therefore, it is advisable to fast the 15th of Sha'ban as an optional (nafl) fast. One can also keep a fast of qada on this day and it is hoped that he can also benefit from the merits of this fast.

askimam.org/public/question_detail/13498.html

I understand, it falls short of saying it is sunnah, but it is strongly recommending it.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2020 22:42
Intrepid wrote:
View original post

You are quoting an old opinion which has since been revised

www.radioislam.org.za/a/index.php/resources/library/161-s...

Mufti Taqi Usmani wrote:
Thirdly, the tradition relating to the merits of fasting on 15th of Shabaan is, no doubt, a weak tradition, not competent to prove this practice to be a Sunnah or a formal Mustahabb, but it can be acted upon as a measure of precaution, provided that the practice is not taken as Sunnah or a formal Mustahabb. It is for these reasons that some Ulama and elders have been fasting on the 15th of Shabaan and have been taking it an advisable practice. It is in this context that I had mentioned this fast as advisable in my previous article. But when I revised the article after receiving your question, I now feel that the relevant paragraph may create misunderstanding and it needs clarification. I now armend it in accordance with what is stated above in this article.

+3 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2020 22:58
WifaqulUlama wrote:
View original post

جزاك الله خيرا و احسن الجزاء for the clarification.
No post ratings