Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

2020 US Elections

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 18th March 2020 00:24
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Klobuchar is the one they are looking at.

Harris and Warren unlikely. Regardless Donald Trump will beat Biden. 4 more years.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 18th March 2020 00:33
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post
I think you are wrong about Trump brother. I pray that I'm right. Inshallah, Trump will be voted out of office in November.

Biden has quite a few names he's examining. As Muadh Khan said, I too believe Harris is the likely front runner. Klobuchar is definitely on that list, possibly second, possibly lower. Only time will tell.

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 18th March 2020 00:47
In Need of Teaching wrote:
View original post

Just going by Trumps tweets the impression I got was Biden is the one he wanted in the opposing corner.

He will hammer "Sleepy" Joe as he calls him in the build up to the election..Accuse him of corruption, and blame his and Obamas policies for all of Americas woes. And accuse him of everything under the sun.

The one who seemed to intimidate him, was Warren.

Thats just my own personal impression. Plus Biden has not helped himself by making false claims and blatantly lying and has already been called out on it. By the media. Falsely claimed he opposed Iraq War, was part of the Civil Rights movement, got arrested in South Africa for his support of Nelson Mandela.

+1 -0
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 18th March 2020 01:09
So far, in tonight's primary, Biden appears to be walking away with the candidacy.
+1 -0
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 18th March 2020 01:17
View original post

Quote:
Just going by Trumps tweets the impression I got was Biden is the one he wanted in the opposing corner.
What Trump feared most was a moderate.

Quote:
He will hammer "Sleepy" Joe as he calls him in the build up to the election..Accuse him of corruption, and blame his and Obamas policies for all of Americas woes. And accuse him of everything under the sun.
Trump already does this and has been doing it for his whole time in office.

Quote:
Plus Biden has not helped himself by making false claims and blatantly lying and has already been called out on it. By the media. Falsely claimed he opposed Iraq War, was part of the Civil Rights movement, got arrested in South Africa for his support of Nelson Mandela.
Quite possibly he lied, I think it was more of an exaggeration.

In the great scheme of things, these are minor compared to Trump. Last time I checked, and it has been quite a while, Trump had blatantly lied over 10,000 times and had been called out by the media on every one.
Today, for the very first time, Trump appears to have acknowledged that the Covid-19 virus is important and dangerous. He still tried to downplay it somewhat. Not nearly to the point he has been though.
No post ratings
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 18th March 2020 01:25
Just for the heck of it, I tried to find Trump's current lie count.
This is outdated as it's from January 26, 2020.
"During his tenure, Trump has “made more than 16,200 false or misleading claims,” according to The Washington Post, which has undertaken the noble (some would say insane) task of fact-checking the president’s epic mendacity. In 2019 alone, Trump reportedly uttered more than 22 lies a day."
Source: https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/01/26/opinion/truth-about-trumps-lies/
+3 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 18th March 2020 01:58
View original post

Well yes Trump lies like there is no tomorrow, pedals conspiracy theories, makes loads insane and racist xenophobic statements. Is involved in scandal after scandal accused by atleast 25 women of Assault yet still swims through.
He seems to have made that a part of his charm. Does not have single quality of a leader.

Point I was trying to make was in Psychology they have something called projection. I think he and his spin doctors will project every character flaw and deficiency within himself and project it on to Biden.

Uncle Joe is senile and is known for making gaffes, will be easier for Team Trump.

Here in the U.K. Jeremey Corbin a good man overall the British equivalent of Sanders. Lost to a buffoon called Boris.

We are in the era of style over substance, propaganda overall policy. Ultimately the one who will win is the one with better Spin Doctors.

+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 18th March 2020 10:09

View original post

Kloubacher is a mini-Biden so brings nothing to the campaign. If Biden has any brains he will go with Kamala.

Biden is too old and that's my worry, otherwise this would have been a foregone conclusion. Biden can gaff, curse, badmouth with Trump any day of the week, its just he is deteorirating

+2 -0
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 18th March 2020 10:29
View original post
Quote:
Well yes Trump lies like there is no tomorrow, pedals conspiracy theories, makes loads insane and racist xenophobic statements. Is involved in scandal after scandal accused by atleast 25 women of Assault yet still swims through.
He seems to have made that a part of his charm.
I think the majority of people are fed up with his behavior.
Most people I know, voted for Trump and most of those people are now sick of him.
The people I'm speaking about are both die hard Republicans and die hard Democrats.
Hopefully, the majority of the voting public feels the same way.
That's why a true moderate, like Biden, has a good chance at getting rid of Trump.
+2 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 18th March 2020 12:56

View original post

Changing my mind :lol

Biden should pick Gretchen Whitmer IF Kamala Harris turns it down and THEN go to Amy Kloubacher as 3rd choice

youtu.be/EubyLEXSZWM

She gets under Trump's skin
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 18th March 2020 14:01
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post
Yes, her and anyone who speaks the truth. :)

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 30th March 2020 11:47
I am watching Tump's press conferences live and they are bizarre, filled with lies and absurd. His lies are costing lives and YET his ratings are at all time high.

Are average Americans really this stupid to fall for Fox News propaganda?

He is now tied with Joe Biden in the polls when has mishandled everything about Coronavirus.

We do live in bizarre times.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 30th March 2020 12:37
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

The political commentator Gwynne Dyer wrote about how nations in the past have rallied around their leaders in times of disaster. There is historical precedence to what's happening in the US with Trump.
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 30th March 2020 13:24
The main source I am using for whats happening in USA is the twitter account of British Journalist Mehdi Hassan. Who has been based in Washington the last few years.

The distinct impression I am getting is Joe Biden is quite senile. Rather then having him all over the media showing leadership. His advisers are keeping him
Low profile incase he says something stupid.

I cant see Uncle Joe beating Trump. The Democratic Party and their backers in Wall Street might want Biden as the candidate. But the younger generations are not so enthusiastic.

Apparently 53% of Republican party voters are enthusiastic about Trump.
Whilst only 24% of Democrat voters feel enthusiastic about Biden.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 30th March 2020 17:59
View original post
I don't think that is an accurate assessment of the situation.

No post ratings

Jump to page: