Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Watershed Moment for Indian Muslims: CAB

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#136 [Permalink] Posted on 14th January 2020 07:10

DOAM:

Students of #JamiaMilliaIslamia University chant "La ilaha ilallah" while Indian MP Shashi Tharoor was delivering a speech. 

Congress workers tried to stop Muslims from saying it and tore down the La ilaha ilallah posters.

Shashi Tharoor compared Muslims chanting the Shahadah during protests as "Islamist extremism".

www.youtube.com/watch?v=psWtylYKfv0

It was in protest against his previous tweet.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#137 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2020 20:08
Just stumbled upon this fatwa:

Taking part in Protests, rallies and marches for genuine causes

Question on Sep,10 2019

Question:

Can we take part in protests and rallies for genuine causes?

Answer:

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

Protests, rallies, shows of solidarity, marches and other such activities are all means to achieve some objective. In contemporary times these activities have become a main form of activism for raising awareness on a large scale. There is nothing inherently problematic with these mechanisms.

However, as potent as they all may seem, they are still just “means” to an objective. Just as any other “means” the taufeeq and ability of change within them comes solely from Allah Ta’ala. As Muslims, we should always be vigilant about our connection with Allah. Nothing transpires without the taufeeq from Allah. None of these vigils and marches will have any effect if Allah does not wish it.

Once that is understood, then we also realize that expecting a positive change from utilizing some means without actually obeying Allah Ta’ala in other commandments of His religion is a remote chance. Many people who join these activism platforms forget about their religious obligations.

Intermixing with opposite gender, carelessness in covering awrah, destroying someone’s (targeted or just bystanders) property, missing congregational salah, or even the salah itself are all types of disobedience of the laws of Allah. It is futile to expect a change through means while the One that brings about the change is not happy with us.

So, while we encourage using any and all halal means to achieve the objective, whether it be from political influence, a rally, a nation wide solidarity event or even a financial boycott etc., it is incumbent that before even undertaking these means, one should revert back to Allah. Connect with Allah, ask an abundance of forgiveness, shed those tears of sincerity and seek Allah to put taufeeq in those means. Without Allah from this equation, nothing is possible, no matter how honorable the cause.

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best
Mufti Faisal bin Abdul Hameed al-Mahmudi

fatwa.ca/fiqh-misc/taking-part-in-protests-rallies-and-ma...
+3 -0
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#138 [Permalink] Posted on 18th January 2020 07:10
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

As I understand it, this fatwa is by a Mufti Sahab in California, so it likely is reflective of the situation of the Muslims in the US.

If we could also get a fatwa from a similarly qualified Mufti Sahab in India, then it would help us to navigate some grey areas according to the letter and spirit of the Shariah.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#139 [Permalink] Posted on 18th January 2020 09:59

abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

Indian answer:

*⚖سوال Ùˆ جواب⚖* 

*مسئلہ نمبر 1028*

(كتاب الحظر و الاباحة، باب الحجاب)

*این آرسی NRC PROTEST Ú©Û’ مورچہ اور احتجاج میں خواتین Ú©ÛŒ شرکت کا Ø­Ú©Ù…* 

*سوال:* عرض تحریر یہ ھیکہ اس وقت پورے ھندوستان میں کالا قانون سی اے اے Ú©Û’ خلاف احتجاج جاری Ú¾Û’ جس میں بلا تفریق مذھب وملت Ùˆ مرد وخواتین شریک ھیں اور سراپا احتجاج ھیں

کیا عورتوں کا مورچہ نکال کر جس میں ھندو عورتیں بھی ھوں ایک محفوظ جگہ تک پہنچ کر یہ مورچہ جلسے میں تبدیل ھوجائے اور کچھ خواتین کی تقریر ھوجائے اس کے بعد پروگرام ختم ھوجائے

کیا ایسا کرنا شرعا جائز Ú¾Û’ØŒ موجودہ حالات Ú©Ùˆ سامنے رکھ کر جواب عنایت فرمائیں۔ (المستفتی عبد الغنی ابن عبد الرزاق) 

*بسم اللّٰہ الرحمٰن الرحیم* 

*الجواب بعون اللہ الوہاب*

جمہوری ممالک میں ظلم کے خلاف آواز اٹھانے اور اپنے حقوق کی بازیابی کے لیے احتجاج ایک مؤثر ذریعہ ہے، احتجاج کا حق جمہوری ممالک میں عوام کو قانونی طور پر حاصل ھوتا ہے، احتجاج سے کئی مرتبہ خوشگوار اثرات مرتب اور عمدہ نتائج برآمد ہوئے ہیں اس لئے ہمارے ملک میں جمہوریت کی بقاء کے لئے احتجاج کرنا اور اس کالے قانون کی مخالفت کرنا بہت ضروری اور اہم ہے، چونکہ یہ قانون ملک عزیز میں مسلمانوں کی بقا اور موت و زیست کا مسئلہ ہے؛ اس لئے اس احتجاج کو مؤثر بنانے کے لئے خواتین اگر باپردہ ہوکر مورچہ نکالیں اور احتجاج میں شریک ہوں تو وقت اور حالات کے پیشِ نظر حرج نہیں ہے، خواتین پردہ اور آداب کی رعایت کرتے ہوئے مورچہ نکال سکتی ہیں اور احتجاج میں شریک ہوسکتی ہیں، فقہاء کرام نے دنیاوی ضروریات کی بنا پر خواتین کو گھر سے باہر نکلنے کی اجازت دی ہے، اسی طرح جہاد وغیرہ کے موقع پر مریضوں کی دیکھ بھال اور مرہم پٹی کے لیے بھی خواتین شریک ھوتی تھیں، ان سے ہمیں رہنمائی ملتی ہے کہ خواتین بھی ناگزیر حالات میں پردہ کے ساتھ باہر نکل سکتی ہیں(١)۔ فقط والسلام واللہ اعلم بالصواب۔

*📚والدليل على ما قلنا📚*

(Ù¡) لا يعجبنا أن يقاتل النساء مع الرجال في الحرب (شرح السير الكبير للسرخسي ١٨٤/Ù¡ باب قتال النساء مع الرجال Ùˆ شهودهن الحرب)

Ùˆ تمنع المرأة الشابة من كشف الوجه بين الرجال لخوف الفتنة. (الدر المختار مع رد المحتار ٧٩/Ù¢ كتاب الصلاة) 

الضرورات تبيح المحظورات (الاشباه و النظائر لابن نجيم المصري)

المشقة تجلب التيسير. (الاشباه و النظائر لابن نجيم)

الحرج مدفوع (موسوعة القواعد الفقهيه ص ١٠٧)

*كتبه العبد محمد زبير الندوي* 

دار الافتاء و التحقیق مدرسہ ہدایت العلوم بہرائچ یوپی انڈیا

مورخہ 9/5/1441 

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#140 [Permalink] Posted on 18th January 2020 11:33
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

That is Abu Hajira from Mufti Says and he lives in Edmonton. Where did you get California from?
+2 -0
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#141 [Permalink] Posted on 18th January 2020 21:55
mSiddiqui wrote:
View original post

I would guess it came from the internet address. It is common to mistake .ca as being CA (California) as opposed to Canada
+2 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#142 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd January 2020 06:56
Indian Supreme Court Refuses To Stay Citizenship Act, Center Has 4 Weeks To Respond
Citizenship (Amendment) Act: The court made it clear that it would not put the law on hold without hearing the center.

he Supreme Court today refused to put on hold the Citizenship (Amendment) Act (CAA), which is at the core of nationwide protests, and gave the centre four weeks to respond to petitions on the law.
The court also said a five-judge constitution bench will give an interim order on some 140 petitions on the citizenship law. The court made it clear that it would not put the law on hold without hearing the Centre.

A bench headed by Chief Justice SA Bobde is hearing 143 petitions, mostly challenging the validity of the CAA.

Source: NDTV
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#143 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2020 15:41
+2 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#144 [Permalink] Posted on 9th February 2020 21:02

07FEB2020: Darul-uloom Deoband urges to continue Peaceful Protests against CAA & NRC

darululoom-deoband.com/urdu/news/index.php?lang=en&id=69

Darul Uloom Deoband is not satisfiedby the Govt. statement that it has no plan to prepare nationwide NRC �tillnow�. CAA and NRC is very serious national and community issue and it must notbe taken lightly. We should continue our peaceful struggle by exercising ourConstitutional right until CAA is withdrawn and NRC is revoked forever. DarulUloom Deoband has already presented memorandum in this regard to the Presidentof India and the Chief Justice of India. This nationwide movement is to protectthe Constitution and safeguard its spirit. In my view, it is partial positiveresult of the nationwide protests that the Government which was not ready tomove an inch back has now softened its stand regarding NRC. Undoubtedly thisstruggle should not be called back until it achieves its noble goals. The viralvideo of mine on social media is in fact clip of meeting held by DistrictAdministration regarding peace in Deoband city wherein a false impression wascreated that Darul Uloom appeals to end the protests. This is entirely baselessand false propaganda that my opinion is wrongly twisted. It is clarified thatDarul Uloom Deoband has not issued any appeal to end the country-wide protests.We pray that the struggle is crowned with success.

Abul Qasim Nomani

Mohtamim (Vice-Chancellor)

DarulUloom Deoband

07/02/2020

darululoom-deoband.com/urdu/news/index.php?lang=ur&id...

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#145 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2020 07:35

India’s Supreme Court suo moto (on its own) wants to hear the matter of an infant dying after being brought to the Shaheen Bagh protests. It is also separately hearing on Monday the matter of the protests obstructing traffic.

The SC has not heard the matter where 25 protestors have been killed (I would say murdered) by the police. The SC has not heard the matter where the Uttar Pradesh government has illegally begun confiscating without due process the property of those protesting against the Citizenship Amendment Act. The SC has not intervened in the matter of children being interrogated multiple times by police in Bidar because of a school play critical of Narendra Modi.

The SC has not heard the matter of Kashmiri leaders being locked up without charge or trial. The SC has not given Kashmiris the right to use internet though it made some pious noises about this in January. The SC has not stayed the CAA though the judges were told that there is a danger that this has created serious turmoil and unrest. The SC has not given justice to 1000 people in Assam’s concentration camps, who are jailed without crime, families separated with no way and no mechanism of getting out. The SC has not intervened when the Modi government announced this week that all non-Muslims in these camps would be freed. Only the Muslims would remain in jail.

The SC has not heard the matter of when the Muslims among the 19 lakh people not included in Assam’s National Register of Citizens (NRC) will get the chance to prove their citizenship. The SC has not heard the matter of the serious irregularities in the conduction of the Assam NRC. These include the BJP government’s extension of two-year contracts to those workers who declared maximum people illegal, and the SC hasn’t heard the cases of those people who were declared foreigners because of spelling mistakes and differing dates in their documents.

The Supreme Court has taken away the land on which the Babri Masjid stood and given it to those who broke down the 16th-century mosque. But it has not enforced the trials of those accused of breaking it. LK Advani’s case is still going on. He is in his 90s and the case is now almost three decades old.

The NRC and the NPR have been illegally linked together but the SC has not heard that matter or thought it important to list. I could go on with this list but I will stop here.

In fact, the Supreme Court of India is perceived as being biased and prejudiced against the Muslims of India. It shows in its conduct and what it chooses to hear and what it chooses to not hear. In ordinary times, this would not be too much of a matter of concern.

But at a time when the world is aghast at what India is doing to its own people, when millions of people are on the street to fight for survival, and that too in the face of a government that is ideological and openly prejudiced, it is dangerous for the SC to continue on its majoritarianism.

The reputation of India as a rule-of-law country, where minorities are protected, has been thoroughly shredded by Modi and this government. It is unthinkable that a majority of the members of European parliament would propose a resolution condemning an Indian law. But that is what foreign minister S Jaishankar will have to face when he goes to Brussels in a few days’ time.

It is unthinkable that the United States Congress would have 59 legislators supporting a resolution demanding that India release former J&K CMs Omar Abdullah and Mehbooba Mufti, and return internet access to the Kashmiris, but that is also what has happened.

Because they have taken on everything that interested them, India’s SC judges have had to be increased from eight judges in 1950 to 31 in 2008. Today there are 33. The Supreme Court is composed of one bench of the Chief Justice’s Court of three judges and 13 or 14 benches of two judges in 13 or 14 courtrooms, sitting regularly day after day. In no Supreme Court of other jurisdictions are there benches of 13 courts of two judges each as the Indian Supreme Court now has. The US Supreme Court, on which India’s court is modelled, has only one bench of 12.

But is there any justice that is coming out of all these benches? The answer to this question should come from the people that the state is busy brutalising today. Do the Muslims of India think that they are receiving justice from their nation and particularly from the Supreme Court? I cannot speak on their behalf but if I had to guess, my answer would be a very firm no.

(Aakar Patel is a columnist and a writer. Views expressed are personal.)
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#146 [Permalink] Posted on 4th March 2020 13:30

04MAR2020: Prediction

My forefathers came from Afghanistan and whenever we marched towards India, Delhi surrendered to the sovereignty of Allah Ta'ala, stiff necks forced to submit to the Greatness of Allah Ta'ala in utter subjugation and humiliation.

We have NEVER forgiven or forgotten the oppression of Indian Muslims. We WILL NOT forgive or forget the oppression of Indian Muslims, today.

By Allah Ta'ala, this is Qarz (debt) upon us and it is HARAM for us to not pay our debts.

By Allah! we will pay it at the time and place of our choosing, like we have done in India for over 1000 years. Remember the day when its PAYBACK TIME!

+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#147 [Permalink] Posted on 4th March 2020 15:02
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#148 [Permalink] Posted on 4th March 2020 15:05
Indian Muslim female journalist writes on her Facebook page.

In the last 24 hours Indian liberals have hauled me over the coals for calling the Delhi violence, an anti muslim carnage on the fareed zakaria show. And she is not the only one, some of the very popular anti-modi critics have been criticising me through day. Do not miss the condescending language. "You people", "Atleast once talk like an Indian and not a Muslim "

Thank you for proving my point. I am not even getting into an argument on what constitutes a pogrom and remind you of the hate speeches and the complicity of the Delhi police in enabling the mobs. I have been doing this since 2002 like many others and frankly I am exhausted. It is exhausting to prove yourself over and over and over bloody again to the country you love so much. It is exhausting to remind this country of our lived experiences and our hurt and the hate that has been festering and eating this democracy.

I wanted to call out the liberal journalists who have been targeting me all day for my muslim-ness. I also observed the silence of the other 'vocal liberals' in condemning this. I promise you , I will continue to speak what is right at the risk of being unpopular, at the risk of being socially isolated. I am sorry but I cannot sugar coat a carnage and my apologies for not being a good enough Indian.
+2 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#149 [Permalink] Posted on 4th March 2020 16:01
+1 -0

Jump to page: