Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

ANALYSIS: 09OCT2019-Turkey Starts Ground Operation in Syria

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 15th October 2019 04:54
a2z wrote:
View original post

This seems to be the beginning of the end.

Interesting scenario:

www.theguardian.com/world/2019/oct/14/us-bombs-at-turkish...

وَمَكَرُوا وَمَكَرَ اللَّهُ ۖ وَاللَّهُ خَيْرُ الْمَاكِرِينَ
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 15th October 2019 09:41

a2z wrote:
View original post

mSiddiqui wrote:
View original post

I also think that this will lead to something major

Allah Ta'ala knows best.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 15th October 2019 15:18
Kurds in Trouble

As far as I understand the Turkish push is to recreate the buffer zone between Turkey and Syria that has been lost due to YPG/PKK.

In this operation the target will be Muslims, the Kurds, the community of Salahuddin Ayyubi RA.

In such a case it becomes difficult to take sides.

If you try to fall with the Turkish side then you take the risk of being accused of endangering the people of Salahuddin Ayyubi RA.

When you take side of the Kurds then you are siding with the dynamics that is destabilizing a very robust and Islamic government, a government that has been asserting on behalf of Islam and Muslims in most difficult period in the history of Muslim Ummah.

How to decide?

For Indian Muslims the same question arises when we try to talk about Kashmir.

For Indian Muslims similar problem arises in case of 1971 creation of Bangladesh.

Of course brothers and sisters will have views on all of these. I am curious about these three issues.

Please express yourself.

Of course I reserve my rights to take my personal stand. Or to refuse to take a stand. And, of course, you are free to do so.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 15th October 2019 16:39
Turks are fighting pkk/ypg who have sided with Alevi bashar at the drop of a hat. I don't think its difficult to take sides in this scenario
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 15th October 2019 16:40

Maripat wrote:
View original post

No and it is a complex matter.

PKK/YPG/SDF are not Muslims but communists who are now largely atheists/Secularists. They have culturally intrinsic habits which are similar (Muslim) Kurds.

My city has one of the largest concentration of Kurds in UK and I am friends with loads of them, in fact I have an invitation to visit Kurdistan and have met the Government when they visit UK.

PKK/YPG/SDF are not Muslims but communists. I will not lie to say that all are Muslims but these are largely communist organizations backed by old Soviet Union (not Russia because Russia is Christian).

Turkey has the largest group of ethnic Kurds and I admit that there has been discrimination against them (in Turkey) but Turkey has never targeting them and they are by and large happy in Turkey, happier in Kudistan.

Same thing for Afghanistan, there is a large continent of (non-Pushtun) Afghans who are communists/atheists and have nothing to do with Islam at all apart from cultural practises which are common.

The Syrain (Sunni Arabs) on the other hand whose lands PKK/YPG/SDF have usurped are on the Deen and 100% back Turkey. The areas of operation are Arab (Syrian-Sunni) lands occupied by PKK/YPG/SDF using the barrel of a gun.

Now PKK/YPG/SDF have aligned themselves with Kaafir (Alawees).

+2 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 15th October 2019 17:28
It is not a difficult choice at all to make..

Any one who knows the history of present day political/militant Kurdish organisations would easily pick Turkey 🇹🇷 against Kurds.

We are actually more worried about turkey being tricked into a war, like Saddam Hussain was tricked before them, was given a green signal to invade Kuwait, and that done, all of a sudden the whole world ganged up against him as if something unexpected had happened.
Not that I am supporting the invasion of Kuwait by Saddam, I am pointing towards the fact that he was being used...

The situation in Syria has taken a very serious turn with these current events and look what Trump says in his tweet :”Anyone who wants to assist Syria in protecting Kurds is good with me, wether it is Russia, China or Napoleon Bonaparte. I hope they will do great, we are 7000 miles away!”

Sanctions are being imposed on turkey, and I expect more in future. Turkey is now trapped into an apparently endless war, which will have negative consequences for its economy (cost of war plus economic sanctions)..

More countries of the region will start taking sides in an atmosphere of ‘total chaos’ where nobody actually knows who is doing what ? Russia is an Allie of turkey but is also backing Asad, Iran is a partner in Astana negotiations and is against Kurds, but is an Allie of Asad at the same time, while turkey is fast coming face to face against Syrian regime forces who may now be backed by some Arab countries previously supporting the uprising against him...

So who is standing where ?

Trump may look like a fool today, but there is a method in his madness. The battlefield is the Muslim mainland, it is our blood which is shed on both sides, our people killed, our economies destroyed.

Trace it all back to one telephone conversation... just one phone call :(
+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 15th October 2019 20:41
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Music in the backround, it has subtitles so you can mute and read.

Trt
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 16th October 2019 04:32
+0 -0Ameen x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 16th October 2019 10:09

16OCT2019: US Froces pull out of Manbij, Russia & Syria move in

www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/syria-says-gover...

ISTANBUL — Russia announced Tuesday that its units were patrolling between Turkish and Syrian military forces near the strategically important Syrian town of Manbij, in a sign that Moscow, a key ally of the Syrian government, was moving to fill a security vacuum after U.S. troops withdrew from the area.

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 16th October 2019 14:58
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 17th October 2019 22:28
Turkey has agreed a ceasefire after Pence visited Erdogan. Wonder if blackmail of destroying turkeys economy made Erdogan change his stance
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 18th October 2019 09:51

18OCT2019: US/Turkey Deal

www.theguardian.com/world/2019/oct/18/trumps-turkey-deal-...

1. Ticks all the boxes for Turkey and fulfills all objectives ✔
  2. Avoids (major) sanctions on Turkey ✔
  3. Maintains cohesion of NATO ✔
  4. Gets Trump & White House out of a sticky situation ✔

BUT why would Kurds put down their weapons and just withdraw??? What is in it for them

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2019 22:18
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, have agreed to push back Kurdish fighters from a "safe zone" along the Turkey-Syria border, after marathon talks in Sochi.
+2 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd October 2019 10:03

23OCT2019: Questions

1. We know that the land of Syria will play a significant role in the battles against Dajjal 
  2. Turkey was forever aligned to the "Christian Nations of Europe & America". I know that some will take exception to it but these are Christian nations (be it by name....)
  3. Turkey has broken that alliance and aligned itself firmly with the Christian Orthodox Russia

Now, what?

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd October 2019 13:38
We don’t know what comes ‘next’ but we have a fairly good idea what will be the ‘final’ outcome of it all, provided these are the same events mentioned in ahadeeth. Apparently, it is hard to assume that there will be another big turmoil of such horrible proportions in Syria in some distant future (though it is not impossible), that Turkey despite its great wisdom and experience will fall into the trap, that we will see the yellow flags of ‘Kurds’ and ‘Hizbullah’ fluttering on the lands of Sham (as mentioned in ahadeeth, though not by names), that there will ever be a probability that Turkey and Russia could come together.....that would be too many coincidences.

But it is scary to think that the events leading to the end of it all are unfolding and evolving right in front of our eyes, that although it may get prolonged and delayed like an ‘obstructed labour’ and more events may get a chance to happen before the picture is more clear, these are still the same events we were told about more than 1400 years ago.....

It is a strange feeling...
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1