abu mohammed, Yasin
London, UK
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 5th June 2019 22:03
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

Salam,

Your post raises two questions...

Why do you infer that moon sighting means one day late?

Why do you assume that following the Ahadeeth of sighting the moon means following a sect or similarly that a Sunnah is being revived only to oppose a sect or group?
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 5th June 2019 22:20
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

The Lea Bridge Rd mosque follows moonsighting and Dr Khalid Shaukat.

I know because I asked them about their timing for Fajr Salah.

I engaged in a conversation with them and Khalid Shaukat via email.

When or why Masjid e Umer adopted local sighting may have happened many many years ago. I'm not aware of this change and when it happened if it did.

All I knew back then was the rumours about the Lea Bridge Rd mosque following Pakistan. I think it was just a speculation, Allahu alum.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 5th June 2019 23:16
Yasin wrote:
View original post

I don't but i remember when lea Bridge rd wud do it a day late masjid umer lot used same arguement pro Saudi use on us now n i remember imam rabbani showin graphs n challenging anyone to prove them wrong.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 6th June 2019 08:14
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

A wake up call is better late than never.

There are so many things like this that we all still go on about.

Alhumdulillah, the Masjid's use of Quran and Sunnah with the aid of Science technology and whatever aid Allah has given us, has given them a chance to improve and understand the Deen much better.

Still better accomplishment than any other masjid in any nearby borough in terms of educating themselves and others in specific fields.

Lea Bridge Road Mosque had used technology for years, but even till now they aren't using it correctly. They are still of the opinion that praying Fajr so early (or keeping suhoor) very early is a "Burden" upon the Muslim's.

The Lea Bridge Road mosque also reject the scholarly works of the Barelwi Ulama! They reject evidence provided from their own books and listen to an doctor!

So, better late than never. At least they aren't picking and choosing what suits them, they are going according to Quran and Sunnah and securing their Deen. Alhumdulillah
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 6th June 2019 13:08

mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

Not entirely correct.

1976:

British Muslims should follow countries close to them in Moonsighting.

Fatawa-e-Raheemiyah (Volume 7, Page 212)

ia801208.us.archive.org/17/items/FatawaRahimiyahVolumes8B...

3rd September, 1977:

www.wifaqululama.co.uk/jamiatuk/

It is absolutely clear from all these observations that the 3rd group is taking the right decision in such matters according to SUNAH-a-RASOOL ALLAH (S.A.W.S) and ISLAMIC SHARIAT.

The nearest islamic countries to the united kingdom are morocco, algeria, tunis and some parts of africa and some of these happen to be at the same latitude as g.britain. so it is absolutely right to follow these countries for eids and ramadan.

Chairman of JAMITA-a-ULLEMA,

Dated:- 3rd September, 1977 Mufti of the UNITED KINGDOM,

Northern Ireland and Western

Europe, Imam of Wimbledon

M.A.BAQUI Masjid.

MUFTI ABDUL BAQUI

DARUL IFTA

DATE:

12 MELROSE AVENUE

WIMBLEDON PARK MASJID

LONDON S.W.19

TEL 9463350

1970's onwards:

Maulana Yaqub Qasmi and British Muslims have always followed Morocco and there are hand written calendars going back to 1970s.

Wifaq is just a registered charity which took over this task around 2005. The Ameer of Wifaq decided to create an entity called "Wifaqul Ulama" to protect the interest of British Muslims and to counter the objections on Islam, Moonsighting has just carried on where it was in the 1970s.

www.wifaqululama.co.uk/hasan/

It used to be handwritten and phone calls in 1970s, its on Twitter in 2019.

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 6th June 2019 17:45
I knw we used to follow morroco then apparently in the late 80s some fax came next morning sayin moon was sighted and it was agreed by some imams up north to tell musallees at zuhr break fast n do eid but one of the imams pulled out n since then split starter
No post ratings