bint e aisha, xs11ax
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 20th February 2019 20:33

Halalified YouTube Audio

Good Person?

Question:

When I was in Hong Kong, someone asked me as to tell the characteristics of a good person?  I am not sure if this was a genuine question or they were just trying to check my IQ.

It is a detailed query and requires a long discussion in response, nevertheless in a nutshell here is my response.

Response:

Give someone a loan and check if the person returns on time (without asking).

1. If the person returns your money on time without asking then they are an extremely good person.
  2. If they do not then (unfortunately and regretfully) they are like normal Muslims of our time.

Why are all of you shocked? Am I wrong?

Give someone a loan and if they come to your house and returns it then he is a person of paradise.

If he does not come to your house but you went to his house and he returns your money (without giving you a hard time) then he is still a person of the right (meaning still a good, pious person)

If you go this house and he asks you to come tomorrow and returns your money the next day then he will Insha’Allah is still not a person of hellfire.

But you all know that this is not the reality.

Try loaning money to someone or rent your property to someone, what will happen? The person will humiliate you to such an extent for asking that you will be humiliated in your mind (for asking for your own money). Thousand shortcomings of the property will be enumerated when nothing was wrong when they came to rent the property.

Do you all know the definition of “Oppression”? Oppression is not fulfilling your agreement!

If you are in distress request _Zakah_ even from the landlord but you have made an agreement to pay your rent on time.

We don’t work (our full hours) on time but demand full pay. I teach at Darul-uloom (and get paid for it) but I return part of my Salary every month to compensate for shortcomings in my duty as it is my employment. I am getting paid for my employment. I am not trying to portray myself as someone spectacular but this is what our elder (Mufti Rasheed Ahmed Ludhyanwi (RA)) taught us. If we defraud our (employer) for 1 Rupee on the day of judgement it will not be an issue of returning 1 Rupee but it may become a means of severe punishment.

Thus the dealings and contracts of (most Muslims) have unfortunately have become ZERO.

Mufti Tariq Masood

Jamiatur Rasheed, Karachi

report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 20th February 2019 21:01
Assalamu alaikum

This lesson is undoubtedly very important. It seems such a heavy task to prepare a will that I always get put off!
May Allah ta'ala give us the ability to live our lives according to Sunnah.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Ameen x 2