Let me break down the baseless arguments of people in simple steps:
- Barelwees celebrate Birthday of Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) and when asked for evidence they say, “Did Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) celebrate his birthday?” Reply is given to them that you should look at issues positively and not ask for negatives. Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) and Sahabah (RA) DID NOT celebrate birthdays so you should also not celebrate it. But when it comes to using the label “Deobandi” the argument is used, give us evidence for not using it? The simplest argument is that did Allah Ta’ala tell you to name yourself after a Town in India where a DU was established in 1866?
- Barelwees celebrate Birthday of Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) and when given the evidence, “Fatawa-e-Hindiyya rules against it” Reply is given, “Did all Muftees oppose it?” But when it comes to using the label “Deobandi” the argument is used, “Did all Muftees oppose it?”
- In order to use a label there has to be a definition attached to it. I asked “Zardari of Muftisays” from day one…”What is Deobandi?” The Sister who is defending the matter, I have asked the same question, ”What is Deobandi?” I identify myself as a “Muslim” so someone asks, I can easily explain that label
WHAT IS A DEOBANDI? Define it! Quote evidence, Quote references…
But they cannot so they go round in round in circles
In fact they go as far to question my mental health, personal circumstances but they CANNOT DEFINE the term which they are using
- WHAT IS A DEOBANDI?
- WHAT MAKES SOMEONE A DEOBANDI?
- HOW IS A DEOBANDI DIFFERENT TO A NON-DEOBANDI?
Where are all these principles written?
Lastly, would they accept that even if all of the above are facts they are still only from 1866!But they go on and on and on...Anything but discuss the facts of the case...