Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Mufti-e-Azam Pakistan Mufti Rafi Usmani (HA) on being Deobandi!

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#331 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2019 15:07
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

I'm not talking about kaaba grave or arsh. I'm talking about revereing a colour. Revereing a colour because it happens to be on a dome. A dome that was built and painted over a thousand years after the Prophet (saw). I think it's a bidah because there is no such thing in Islam about revereing a dome or a colour that happens to be on that dome. And I'm questioning why that particular colour and why that dome? What so special about either? There are many other things in madina that has colour and structure. Why not revere that colour too. Why not revere that structure too? What is so special about this particular dome and this particular colour that people use it to profess their love?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#332 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2019 15:09
Clearly members believe it's not bidah and believe i have the wrong understanding of what is bidah. I shall read up on it and start a new thread as I feel it is very important as there are dire warnings regarding bidah and things that lead to bidah in Islam.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#333 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2019 15:11
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Green is one of the favourite colours of the Prophet (saw) too.

So wearing them as shoes instead of a turban or other types of modest clothing wouldn't be nice either.

“The most beloved of colors to the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) was green.” [Tabarani, al-Mu`jam al-Awsat] However, he also encouraged wearing white saying it is from the “best of your clothing,” and this appears to be the color he wore most often. [Kattani, Munyat al-Sa’il]
+0 -0Agree x 1Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#334 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2019 15:15
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

What about white? Is it ok to wear white as shoes?

And why is it not nice to wear green shoes? What's wrong with shoes?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#335 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2019 15:18
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

This was the feeling and admiration of that scholar we are talking about.

No one saying not to wear green or white shoes. Do as you please.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#336 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2019 15:24

xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Now you are back to being British instead of South African so lets go…

Bi’dah is addition to the Deen without foundation, categorisation as “Sunnah” and action with intention of rewards. The reason reading Kalimah 12,000 in the Chishti Silisla is not Bid’ah is because:

1. It is not an addition to Islam i.e. recitation of Kalimah is an established fact.
  2. It is not classed as Sunnah
  3. There is no reward associated with reciting it 12,000 times. In other words reward is in reciting the Kalimah and not reciting the Kalimah 12,000 times (specifically).

Now let’s apply this to the reverence of the “green colour”

1. The basis is to love EVERYTHING associated with Nabi (Sallalaho Alaihe Wassallam)
  2. It is not classed as Sunnah (or even recommended)
  3. There is no reward associated with it

Thus cannot be classed as Bid’ah

Now let’s apply this to “Muftisays”

1. The basis is to learn Islam (I hope that is why people come here, otherwise they should leave!)
  2. It is not classed as Sunnah (or even recommended)
  3. There is no reward associated with it

History:

The reason for mentioning the Green colour specifically is for two reasons:

It is historic in Islam i.e. in the olden days people used to compose poetry in their desire to visit the Rawdah-Mubarak of Nabi (Sallalaho Alaihe Wassallam) . Travel was difficult in those days so green dome became a sign of pouring or love and devotion to Nabi (Sallalaho Alaihe Wassallam). Poetry is proven from the Qur’aan and Sunnah so it is symbolism!

The Wahabi (regime) of Saudia wanted to change it (in the 1960s) for no reason but to disconnect the Ummah and break the link with history. They have done it again and again with Islamic historical artefacts.

The reason I am strongly agreeing with this is because the Saudi Jaackasses have no problems with parading Saudi flags and celebrating National day (dating back to 1926) but they are trying to brainwash the Ummah into changing the colour of the green dome! The Saudi Jaackasses and their paid (Salafi/Madkhali/Wahabi) lackeys should reform all other expressions of symbolism in Saudi Arabia i.e. Cinema,  Mariah Carey concerts before turning their filthy attention to the dome of Nabi (Sallalaho Alaihe Wassallam).

+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#337 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2019 15:28
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

You have a flawed understanding of bid'ah and you have not defined it yet. Have you read the stories about how the Sahaba kiraam رضي الله عنهم would show their love for the Prophet (saw)?

Quote:
And I'm questioning why that particular colour and why that dome? What so special about either? There are many other things in madina that has colour and structure. Why not revere that colour too. Why not revere that structure too? What is so special about this particular dome and this particular colour that people use it to profess their love?

I repeat: "because the green dome has become a distinctive feature of Masjid-e-Nabawi." If you want to revere other things too then go ahead. I don't see anything wrong with it. The green dome even though it was built thousand years after the Prophet (saw) still has a connection with him so much so that whenever I see a picture of the dome, it reminds me of the Prophet (saw) and I send salat and salam.

If you want to revere white colour and refuse to wear white shoes because Rasulullah (saw) loved this colour then there's no harm in it and nobody would call it bid'ah. It's just about ones feelings and not a matter of deen.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#338 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2019 15:30
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

You said wearing green shoes wouldn't be nice. So I'm asking you about white shoes as well. And I'm asking why shoes?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#339 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2019 15:38
I think you are getting confused, brother. One of the hallmarks of biddat is that people tend to take it to the level of obligation. That is, leaving such and such act would be a sin or an error in so and so ways. This is not what this act is about. No one has proclaimed any such thing about this act, least of all one of the ulema-e-haq.

The dome was painted green out of love for the color that the Prophet SAW loved, too. That green became a symbol of his beloved for Maulana Qasim Nanotwi. So seeing that color on his feet didn't appeal to his sensibilities. Thus he chose not to wear. Nowhere has he ever forbidden anyone to do such a thing. If he had done the latter, then perhaps we could have talked about an innovation.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#340 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2019 15:43
@ muadh and bint aisha fod1083 abu muhammad.

I think I understand what you are saying. You are saying it's just something specific to the individual and everyone does not need to have the same value of the same thing in order to profess their love for Rasoolullah (saw)?
+0 -0Agree x 5
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#341 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2019 15:46

xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Green is a historical attribution and expression of love. It is not Sunnah, there is no sin involved etc.

You are right that it could have easily been “Silver” (in fact it was Silver at one time) and many people don’t wear white shoes because it is attributable.

There is no hard and fast Shariah rule and no sin for doing the opposite.

Expression of love has no boundaries.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#342 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2019 15:58
So the many things that barelwis do out of love for Rasoolullah (saw) is Ok?
+0 -0Disagree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#343 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2019 15:59
Stop clicking agree. I'm luring you guys into a trap lol.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#344 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2019 16:01
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

For example?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#345 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2019 16:02
Barelwis also do many things and claim it is out of love for Rasoolullah (saw). Where do we draw the line?

+0 -0Disagree x 2

Jump to page: