Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Mufti-e-Azam Pakistan Mufti Rafi Usmani (HA) on being Deobandi!

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#256 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd January 2019 09:41
Quote:
As per the Hadith:
“The people will not cease to be upon good as long as they take knowledge from their elders, their trusted and their scholars. If they (begin) taking knowledge from their sighaar and evil ones, then they are destroyed”

Eye opening hadith.. Never heard it before. جزاك الله خيرا for posting.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#257 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd January 2019 09:56
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Yes I know it. I read his signature some years ago. However, I was making another point. My previous post should clarify what I meant. Asalam o Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah Wabarakatuhu.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#258 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd January 2019 10:07
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#259 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd January 2019 10:12

The Brotherhood of Islam

Muhaddithul ‘Asr, ‘Allamah Muhammad Yusuf Al Binnory (rahimahullah) wrote an inspiring article on the topic of brotherhood in Islam. Hereunder is a summarized English translation of that article which was written in Urdu.

May Allah Ta’ala inspire us to follow these heart-rendering advices.

‘Islam has connected all Muslims together in one united relationship. In Islam, there is no distinguishing between Arab and non-Arab, Westerner and Easterner, White and Black. All Muslims are brothers.

The evil has crept in from nationalism, sectionalism, racism and geographical boundaries. Despite fancy slogans of Islamic brotherhood, the entire Muslim Ummah has been left reduced to many small factions. Today the biggest fitnah of the Muslim Ummah is patriotism, nationalism and racism. Due to this the Muslim world is the target of conflict, destruction, differences, vilifying and disunity. Our own country (Pakistan) is the target of this evil type of bigotry.

It is necessary to re-start [this effort of unifying the ummah] and to take resolutions to revive Islam, to consider the rights of our Muslim brothers and strengthen again the relationship of unity that has become weak.

[After citing eleven Hadiths on the topic of Unity, ‘Allamah Binnory -rahimahullah- writes:]

These are the pearls of Nubuwwat, which cannot be matched by any other creed. How foolish would it be for us not to abide by these priceless teachings of Islam.’

(Basair wa ‘ibar, vol. 2 pg. 380—382)

www.al-miftah.com/the-brotherhood-of-islam/

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#260 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd January 2019 10:59

Once again, it is always wise to gain understanding of something BEFORE objecting to the issue.

The matter which is being articulated by (Mufti) Rafi Usmani (HA) is that “Deobandi” is not a separate and/or distinct sect/cult/group/Jamaat in Islam.

Nowhere does he:

1. Diminish the contribution of Ulama of Deoband
  2. Dishonour or disparage the knowledge, Taqwa and authenticity of Ulama of Deoband
  3. Advise Muslims not to follow the Ulama of Deoband, in fact he tells people TO FOLLOW the Ulama of Deoband

All objections in this thread primarily pertain to 1,2 & 3 which Mufti Rafi Usmani (HA) never says!

It is because people are unable to grasp what is being said so they build a strawman in their mind and they argue with the strawman in their mind and in reality.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#261 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd January 2019 18:46
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Does he also mean to say that we can follow someone not associated with the deoband? Like someone from al azhar or grand mufti of turkey or any renowned scholar to Malaysia?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#262 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd January 2019 21:57
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Sorry. Nothing to add. Just wanted to bump this.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#263 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2019 10:02

ibnAbrar wrote:
View original post

That is not his topic. His topic is sectarianism.

1. He is not degrading Ulama of Deoband
  2. He is not telling people to abandon Ulama of Deoband.
  3. He is not undermining the sacrifices and accomplishments of the Ulama of Deoband

He is merely saying that as someone born in Deoband with family from Deoband (generationally) and his father being the graduate from Darul-uloom Deoband it is DISLIKED to call oneself “Deobandi” because “Deoband” is a continuation of Alhlus-Sunnah Wal-Jamaat and has no new Aqeedah/Fiqh/Ijtehaad to be coined as a new term called “Deobandi”.

His statement is factual.

He is saying the same about other sects as well but for the sake of this forum they need to concentrate on “Deobandi”.

There are 3 reasons why those opposing Mufti Rafi Usmani (HA) are reacting so aggressively:

1. Their brains cannot wrap around what he is saying. They are equating what Mufti Rafi Usmani (HA) is saying to 1, 2 & 3.
  2. Because this term “Deobandi” has become so common, widespread and so easily understood by a few distinguishing markers (i.e. no prostration at graves, no weird rituals etc) they cannot comprehend that this isn’t really a well-defined and articulated definition. They are so overwhelmed that they equate this term to “Sunni” or “Hanafi” which are both well defined in their parameters
  3. In laymen parlance it is easy to say “Deobandi” and people immediately conjure up what you are similar to “Tableeghi” i.e. although it is not a term but people know what a “Tableeghi” stands for.

People are mistaking laymen parlance for Academic authority. The issue is so simple once hate, poison and emotion can be said aside, like this

Person 1: What are you?

Muadh Khan: I am a Muslim?

Person 1: Everybody is a Muslim which group or sect do you follow?

Muadh Khan: I follow the Hanafi Madhab and the Ulama  of Deoband

But setting aside or casting bias, poison, hatred, and emotion is the hardest thing to do for any person. Because it shakes their core and their foundation, only few can rise above these emotions and actually objectively look at an argument.

In this case, people know that this is an identity from 1866 from a town in India but they are wearing it with a sense of pride knowing fully well that it is neither classical nor orthodox or normative. 

+1 -0Disagree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#264 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2019 12:21
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Interestingly, it seems that the barelwis (followers of the ideology of raza khan bareilly) are trying to distance themselves from the barelwi label and are applying the label of ahle sunnah wal jamaat to themselves. I recently watched a predebate meeting between asrar rashid and moulana uthman. Asrar rashid seemed insulted when moulana uthman referred to him as a barelwi and corrected him saying I am ahle sunnah wal jamaat.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#265 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2019 12:35
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Lol, even the barelwi have understood the splits, divisions, and sectarianism.

Still though, look at the beauty of his response!

He's telling this Maulana that he is from the same school as him, ASWJ, unless it was an insult to him, then the beauty is no longer there :(

Actions speak louder than words.

You wanna be known as a Barelwi, kiss your thumbs during Adhaan. Don't kiss your thumbs and become known as a non Barelwi lol.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#266 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2019 12:42
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#267 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2019 14:37
We can discuss this deobandi title till cows come home but what do people think of attaching lofty titles before and after ulamas names in deobandi circles. I just think its OTT.

In my opinion it should be restricted to just one of the below:

Hifdhul Quran - hafiz
Darse nizami - maulana
Takhassus Fil Iftaa - mufti
Teaching bukhari and Muslim - shaykh
Exceptional recitation with ijazah - qari

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#268 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2019 15:06
I thought the minimum title is Shaikh Ul Hadith Hadhrat Maulana Mufti followed by some duas
+2 -0Creative x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#269 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2019 15:32
Concerned wrote:
View original post

What gets me is when I address an alim as 'brother' and they get upset and correct me by saying moulana. Especially those who undertake a fast track weekend/evening course to become an alim. What's so offensive about being called brother?
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#270 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2019 20:49
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

know your place innit. worse are those hazrat worshippers if they hear someone call their hazrat brother or uncle its as if they have blasphemed. remember a student of shaykh saleem dorat came to my masjid to give khutabah talk. even sentence he mentioned his shaykh with about 10 titles before and after his name every time.
+4 -0Like x 2Creative x 1

Jump to page: