You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
bint e aisha
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 7th January 2019 10:32

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh

Rumours are circulating that PTI Government has disbanded the Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee (مرکزی رویتِ ہلال کمیٹی) of Pakistan, it is not true for the time being.

However on my query, Ulama of Pakistan have confirmed that PTI Government has decided to disband it and hand the function over to the military or the metrological department but an official announcement has not been made. Pakistan since its inception has followed the Sunnah and the Ulama have always been in charge of declaring the start and ending of Islamic months.

This is a direct interjection in the affairs of Pakistani Muslims along the lines of Arab Governments to take them away from Sunnah by PTI and it hits at the heart of an Islamic practise.

Once your Islamic days are no longer determined the Sunnah, the Barakah and acceptance of Duas etc are directly impacted.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 7th January 2019 10:56
Will the ulema still exercise restraint?

Is there still any doubt about the kind of "Madani riyasat" that this government wants?

The past few months have been blows upon blows upon the foundations of this country i.e. the law of Allah. It's almost like jolts from Allah himself, asking us to wake up before it's too late.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 7th January 2019 11:03
Are they going to follow the ways of Turkey or will they shake hands with "Bin" Salman and have a united calendar?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 7th January 2019 11:13

Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

25AUG2018:

www.muftisays.com/forums/27-sharing-portal/12126-imran-kh...

My concerns

Imran khan is religious in the sense of justice and equality and he is eager to root out corruption, so is MBS. In terms of practise of Islam they are both Secular and liberal. This will be an important trip to see how MBS and IK kick off, I think that they will get along very well because of mutual interests and commonality.

It is already important that IK has chosen Saudi Arabia as his first trip, it could be influence from his wife OR could be political or financial as Pakistan needs Saudi aid, lets see.

21SEP2018:

www.muftisays.com/forums/27-sharing-portal/12126-imran-kh...

21SEP2018: Saudi Arabia Joins CPEC with $10 Billion Investment

Saudi Arabia has become the 3rd partner in Pakistan/China CPEC with UAE to follow.

jang.com.pk/news/553938

twitter.com/UdarOfficial/status/1042807260949430273

As I said, Imran and MBS have very similar understanding of Islam and it is limited to Social Justice and they may actually hit it off (pretty well).

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 7th January 2019 11:36
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

وعلیکم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

I'm against this development but let me ask you a question. If they are taking the charge from the Ulama and handing it over to someone else, how does it imply that they will cease to follow the Sunnah of sighting the moon?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 7th January 2019 11:54

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Because of two reasons:

1. Allah Ta'ala commands you to make Taqleed of the Ulama
  2. The Qadha (judgement) of the Ulama is enforced in this matter

Youtube Video

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ0gUYi124w

During the past 1400 year the Caliph due to political reasons has tried to undermine the authority of the Ulama and try to replace the QADHA (Hukum) but it was fiercely resisted.

Our Deen is based on Khilafah and systems like Moonsighting, Zakah, Ushar, Jumuah etc require QADHA + HUKUM.

After the Khilafah was dismantled, the Ulama of the subcontinent (to their great and enormous credit) continued the function of Qadha (in some form). The subcontinent Muslims have some sort of Qadha in their lives (for Khula etc as the most common example). Parvaiz Musharaf attacked this by making Pakistani civil courts rule on Khula thus undermining Qadha, all these women are committing Zina because their Khula is invalid.

This is another attempt to destroy a “remnant of Khilafah” in Islam.

You CANNOT extricate (or separate) Islam from Khilafah. Separating Qadha from the lives of the Muslims is Secularism.

1. Ulama issue Qadha (Judgement)
  2. Ruler enforces Qadha by force  i.e. HUKUM

2 went in 1924 and our Qadha is pretty much been voluntary since 1924 and causing enormous issues in the Ummah which this Ummah never encountered such as misuse of Zakat, Moonsighting (on 3 days), preaching of sectarianism.

Ulama have taken Moonsighting (in Pakistan) for granted and people don’t even know what it is and how it is supposed to work.

For us in the west, it is supposed to be Ulama councils (in place of Khilafah) because obviously we have no Khilafah.

But it is clear that the concept of Khilafah is being targeted here (and very cleverly).

Imran Khan is becoming “Khaleefa of Pakistan” but instead of enforcing the Qadha of Ulama, he will be enforcing the Qadha of clean shaven weather forecasters, people of Pakistan would not know any better!

Fawad Chaudry will be the Qadhi of Pakistan” 

+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 7th January 2019 12:10

ISLAMABAD – The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf led federal government has reportedly decided to disband the Ruet-i-Hilal committees at all levels and entrust the task of moon sighting to the Meteorological Department.

Reports in local media suggest the decision was made in the wake of repeated nuisance following the controversial decisions of moon sightings by the committees in the past, which cost millions to the national exchequer.

The decision will also help to end the confusion on the sighting of the moon for when the month would start and end, according to reports.

The Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD), which is well-equipped to predict moon birth in advance based on scientific calculations, is to be tasked with the job, the reports added.

It is a popular belief that in any Islamic state, the right of announcement for moon sighting for Eid and Ramazan is the authority of the state.

en.dailypakistan.com.pk/pakistan/pti-decides-to-disband-r...

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 7th January 2019 12:39
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Nice informative post! JazakAllah.

The point you are making in the other thread is our Ulama are not trained professionally and they lack discipline and punctuality. This is what Pakistani journalists have been saying for years. I was watching a talk show the other day in which Mubashir Lucman was suggesting that since our Ulama lack professionalism and they refuse hundreds of witnesses based on sectarian discrimination, the charge should be given to some professionals who are well trained in the field. So my question to you is on what basis do you disagree with these journalists?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 7th January 2019 12:46

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Just because a witness comes forward, they don't have to be accepted in Islam.

www.muftisays.com/blog/Muadh_Khan/3673_23-04-2014/can-a-q...

www.wifaqululama.co.uk/bolton/

This is the domain of the Ulama and not the professionals to query the witnesses. Professionals should be attached to the Ulama to update the public and provide summary to the Media.

This should be the case on all affairs of the Darul-ulooms, professionals should be attached to do their job, run websites, run Social Media, update Media etc

But scrutiny of the witnesses is not the job of the professionals. 

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 7th January 2019 12:59
How does a journalist even know that they are refusing on the basis of sectarian discrimination? They could be refusing on a valid basis. There is definitely a bias clearly visible here but it sure as hell isn't the ulema being biased.

There has always been an attempt to create a distance between the ulema and the general population in Pakistan. So that people would stop referring to the ulema in their everyday affairs. All this is just a part of that concerted effort.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 7th January 2019 13:01

fod1083 wrote:
View original post

Absolutely but the Ulama are also at fault for not running their affairs in a professional manner. All the Ulama need to do is up their game and not give excuses for these Secularists to (wrongly) put the blame on them.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 7th January 2019 13:21
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

On what basis the Ulama reject hundreds of witnesses?

From your blog post:

Quote:
Incident 1 (Sayyidina Umar (RA) rejecting the testimony of Sayyidina Anas (RA):

Sayyidina Anas Ibn Malik (RA) reported: We were along with Ameerul-Mumineen Sayyidina Umar (RA) between Makkah and Medina that we began to look for the new moon. And I was a man with sharp eye- sight, so I could see it, but none except me saw it. I began to say to Sayyidina Umar (RA): Don't you see it? But he could not see it. Thereupon Sayyidina Umar (RA) said: I would soon be able to see it (when it will shine more brightly). I lay upon bed. He then made a mention of the people of Badr to us and said: Allah's Messenger (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) showed us one day before (the actual battle) the place of death of the people (participating) in (the Battle) of Badr and he was saying: This would be the place of death of so and so tomorrow, if Allah wills. Sayyidina Umar (RA) said: By Him Who sent him with truth, they did not miss the places (of their death) which Allah's Messenger (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) had pointed for them. Then they were all thrown in a well one after another. Allah's Messenger (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) then went to them and said: O, so and so, the son of so and so; O so and so, the son of so and so, have you found correct what Allah and His Messenger (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) had promised you? I have, however, found absolutely true what Allah had promised with me. Sayyidina Umar (RA) said: Allah's Messenger (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam), how are you talking with the bodies without soul in them. Thereupon he said: You cannot hear more distinctly than (their hearing) of what I say, but with this exception that they have not power to make any reply. [Muslim]

Where did Sayyidina Umar RA reject the testimony of Anas RA? I think he was trying to see the moon himself. He did not reject him rather he said that he would also be able to see it.

Quote:
Incident 2 (Sayyidina Ibn Abbas (RA) rejecting the testimony of Sayyidina Fadhal (RA):

Kuraib reported that Umm Fadl, daughter of Harith, sent him (Fadl, i.e. her son) to Sayyidina Mu'awiya (RA) in Syria. I (Fadl) arrived in Syria, and did the needful for her. It was there in Syria that the month of Ramadan commenced. I saw the new moon (of Ramadan) on Friday. I then came back to Medina at the end of the month. Sayyidina Abdullah Ibn 'Abbas (RA) asked me (about the new moon of Ramadan) and said: When did you see it? I said.: We saw it on the night of Friday. He said: (Did) you see it yourself? -I said: Yes, and the people also saw it and they observed fast and Mu'awiya also observed fast, whereupon he said: But we saw it on Saturday night. So we would continue to observe fast till we complete thirty (lasts) or we see it (the new moon of Shawwal). I said: Is the sightidg of the moon by Mu'awiya not valid for you? He said: No; this is how the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) has commanded us. Yahya b. Yahya was in doubt (whether the word used in the narration by Kuraib) was Naktafi or Taktafi. [Muslim]

Where did Ibn Abbas RA reject the testimony of Fadhal RA? I think he just didn't accept because they were in different countries. Am I right or wrong?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 7th January 2019 13:27
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Yes, indeed. Some will say that we are perhaps expecting ulema to be flawless and that they are as human as us and will falter and fall just like the rest of us do, but our point here is that being men of knowledge they have to make extra effort to present the best of deen. They need to be extra careful in adopting the Sunnah and make more effort to be professional because people will be judging deen even more harshly if they falter. That is just the way of life. An analogy here is that of a person wearing completely white clothes. The purer and cleaner they are the more chance there will be that the tiniest of stain will be visible on it. So the wearer will have to be extra careful with his everyday affairs while wearing it, so as to not get something on it that would stain it. Our ulema are that clean white cloth.
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 7th January 2019 13:29
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

What foundations are you talking about? I feel funny inside me when I hear the term "Muslim" country. Countries are known by the source of their law and political socio-economic system and not the religion of it's majority or minority population. So there is a thing like communist country or capitalist country, democratic country or fascist country but what is the meaning of Muslim country or Hindu country or Christian country or Jewish country.

Either there is khilafah or secularism. What is Muslim in a state run under secular laws.

1947 was the biggest fraud and lie in the history of nations.

Do you still believe in the story our parents and teachers told us and that which we read in our text books?

Wake up. And my advise is to just limit yourself to your deen. Don't bother doing anything stupid to correct the system. It's already written in the tablet that Imam Mahdi is going to do something about it. We need to get prepared for that time instead of wasting it in distractions.

In previous times, the imams in our villages used to see and announce the moon. Create local comittees and decide your decisions according to them. Halal committee or no Halal Committee. Create local committee like previous times.
+0 -0Disagree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 7th January 2019 13:34

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

The blog posts simply states that there is precedence for scrutiny and rejection. Do you know if they have rejected hundreds of testimonies?

I don't know and cannot comment on hundreds of rejections.

No post ratings