You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
bint e aisha, abu mohammed, sipraomer
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 1st January 2019 13:13

وَعَنْ أَنَسٍ ‏- رضى الله عنه ‏- قَالَ: قَالَ رَسُولُ اَللَّهِ ‏- صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏-

كُلُّ بَنِي آدَمَ خَطَّاءٌ, وَخَيْرُ اَلْخَطَّائِينَ اَلتَّوَّابُونَ
أَخْرَجَهُ اَلتِّرْمِذِيُّ, وَابْنُ مَاجَهْ, وَسَنَدُهُ قَوِيٌّ.‏ (1936)

Sayyiduna Anas (RAA) narrated that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said: “All the sons of Adam are sinners, but the best of sinners are those who repent often.” Related by At·Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah with a strong chain of narrators.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuoQ6Ax0yhw

One of the major reasons for the corruption in our times is based on two assumptions:

1. Assumption 1: Good people don’t make mistakes
  2. Assumption 2: I am a good person. What does this imply? This implies that since I am good I can also not make mistakes

The minor and major assumptions are both incorrect.

The end result is that if we back (or support) someone then later on the realisation dawns on us that our support was incorrect we don’t back down. We consider it an obligation upon us to defend this person like the obligation of praying or fasting. This could be a person, our Perr, our Shaykh, our Hazrat, a political group or personality or an organisation.

Since the assumption is made that “I am good” and “good people don’t make mistakes” we continue on the path of justification (of the mistake) rather than correction.

The minor and major assumptions are both incorrect.

Firstly, is it necessary that we are good? Qur’aan tells us not to “self-evaluate “ our self:

فَلَا تُزَكُّوٓاْ أَنفُسَكُمۡ‌ۖ هُوَ أَعۡلَمُ بِمَنِ ٱتَّقَىٰٓ

[53:32]...So do not claim yourselves to be pure; He is most knowing of who fears Him.

Secondly, let’s assume that we are indeed good but then Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) is saying that even good ones make mistakes. The only ones who were devoid of mistakes were Prophets. Then Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) is further saying is that the best ones repent when a mistake is made.

So the only logical conclusion is that whenever we make mistakes we should not defend it but seek forgiveness, repent and take correction action.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+10 -0Like x 6Winner x 1