Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
sipraomer, Taalibah
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2018 12:40
salaam

anyone know any good websites to download pc games? a few months ago i bought a new laptop and turns out its state of the art gaming one yet it has no cd rom, im not much of a game player but would like to play some of the games i used to liek when i was a kid like age of empires. if anyone knows were i can download it let me know. i have the game original cd but as i got no cd rom its off no use and cant be asked to attach external cd drive each time i want to play. must be some game experts on here.???
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2018 12:56
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

You sure you posted on the right forum?
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2018 12:57

mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

CD Solutions:

1. Buy a USB DVD drive from Ebay
  2. Convert the CD into ISO and use a program like MagicISO, it basically mounts your ISO and makes it look like a real ISO. WIndows 10 or later should be able to mount your ISO without any special software...
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2018 12:59
Are games halal? Even without the music and lewd content?

Am I right in thinking Age of Empires is a role playing game? They take massive amounts of time to play.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2018 13:13
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

jzk

yes it is a long game but u can pause and save it for later. tbh iv not played games for years. got a ps4 sittin in cupboard collecting dust dont think iv touched it for 2 yrs and i only bought it cos it super cheap. last time i was playin games was around 2008. dont see no harm in playin games if ur not the type to get obsessed. knowing myself il probably play it once or twice and thats it
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2018 13:27
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

Then it would come under "Fuzool Kharch" (wasting money)

I think you'll lose this game for sure :)
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2018 15:39
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Asalam o Alaikum Hazrat,

A man of your intelligence should not help anyone in sinning. He should advise the other Muslims with kindness if they are doing something wrong. What happened to you Pir Sahab? Are you ill or is your head hurting?
+1 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2018 15:45
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

If people of such high intelligence and talent will waste in these useless things then how can the problems of this ummah will be solved? I am no saint myself but Akhi don't listen to the whispers of Shaytan. Our time is short here. Make good and productive use of it. If you are married then spend time with your wife and children for recreation while earning reward from Allah. If not then get married. If you can't then read a good Islamic or halal novel. Or just go out for a walk. Or go play some healthy sports like swimming or basket ball or footbal or boxing , karate. Anything productive. Or just do calligraphy of Allah's names. The least productive thing is sleep because at least you will be saved from sinning. What has happened to you? Wake up. We already have less muslims who are awake. We can't afford to lose a lion like you. Be productive. Don't waste your time. Our time and resources are not our own. These are imanah bestowed to us by Allah and we will be questioned about it. Use these resources to serve the deen and this ummah. Don't waste them. I am sorry if my tone was harsh.
+3 -0Like x 1Agree x 1Winner x 2Old x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2018 15:47
you are right. iv managed to go this long with out sure il be fine.
+3 -0Winner x 3
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2018 15:49
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

Great to listen it akhi. Destroy that PS4 so that your children or other Muslims couldn't get their hands on it.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2018 19:58

sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Jazakallahu Khayran, exactly the reaction I wanted but you are only 50% correct. What is the 50% which you have missed?

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd December 2018 01:49
Not all video games would be considered haram. Putting aside whether the game being spoken of is halal or not, generally I realized that if a person is occupying his free time doing something that is not ideal, once it isn't clearly a sin or harming the person, we must be careful how we deal with the situation. If we prevent an individual from an activity which WE think is useless, he/she may end up being involved in an activity which is clearly sinful or harmful.

I am not saying we shouldn't strive for perfection, nor not encourage striving for such, but we also have to be realistic and practical. In some cases the activity that we may consider a waste of time and effort may actually be saving an individual from using his energy to be involved in clearly sinful acts. People also go through ups and downs on life.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd December 2018 01:55
In many communities just Having a ps4 isn't seen as a terrible thing. In the past before smart phones and tablets, I knew some people who never watched tv, but they just bought one to use as a screen for playing games. It wasn't set up to pick up any channels.
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd December 2018 07:38
Assalamua'laikum

I used to play lot of games as a kid and even when I was on my job. Later I started learning about Islam and I realised how much of our precious time as youngsters was wasted on things like these. Mohammed Fateh conquered Constantinople which was undefeated for 1100 years at the age of 21 years and I was like playing Cricket on my PC and getting depressed for not able to win a virtual game.

The Prophet ﷺ is reported to have said, ‘Verily you shall conquer Constantinople. What a wonderful leader will her leader be, and what a wonderful army will that army be!’ [Musnad Ahmad, Al Hakim, al Jami’ al Saghir]

Brother, I do not know your age. But inshaAllah you can use the time spent on this particular task for the best, like improving your life or that of your neighbours or the Muslim community. And you can use the money to purchase the equipment on some poor who can at least have a day meal inshaAllah.

Regards
Faiz

+6 -0Like x 2Winner x 4
Rank Image
London
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd December 2018 11:30
Loading tweet
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1