Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open
 

Muslims in the West: Rude, Nasty, Obnoxious, Bad-mannered

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Thread Tools
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
740
Brother
497
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2018 09:58
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

No sir,not that...
It was probably on thread: "Tasawwuf and spiritual illness", some 5 years ago (November 2013).
Probably started by sister Taliba...
The post was not even addressed to brother Muad khan :)
And there was certainly nothing controversial in the post...
It was simply not to the liking of Muad khan....
For some reason Yasin sb then split the thread and sent part of it to debate section.i don't know what happened after that as I have no access to debate section...
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
9,321
Brother
7,794
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2018 13:02

Muhammad05 wrote:
View original post


ALIF wrote:
View original post

Since this thread has derailed and become a discussion on me (personally)…

When I was 19 a person whom I consider to be Wali of Allah Ta’ala “predicted” what my life would turn out to be and it has pretty much turned out to be like that.

I have an intense dislike for bullying and ever since I was a child I have always stood up for the weak and vulnerable.

My issues at Sunniforum had largely nothing to do with me. It started when a “Mufti” mistreated a young brother who was going through some personal problems in his life and his public treatment by the “Mufti” resulted in severe problems for him, his wife and his family. I contacted the said Mufti and went through his posts (which was factually incorrect) and the tone and the demeanour in which a young brother was dressed down.

Mufti Saheb admitted it privately but is ego prevented him to apologise in public or retract his outburst.

I then began to pay attention to Sunniforum and there was no doubt that Ulama and Shura abused their position, silenced opinions and banned people just for disagreeing. I began to take up the cause of these people (some of them I got to know personally).

These “Hazrats and their worshippers” enjoyed their censorship abilities on Sunniforum. On Muftisays, they are deprived of their key weapon (of censorship and banning) and they need to argue by the strength of their argument.

Majority of the people are not aware of the inner workings of Sunniforum but they wish to apply the same policies at Muftisays and wish to see me silenced. These people have access to the same Ulama (by WhatsApp or email) and they copy/paste the same (weak, refutable arguments) but they wish for the argument to be given credence simply because it has come from “Maulana A or Mufti B”.

During Sunniforum days, some of these (intellectually weak) individuals signed up to IslamicAwakening  forum and copies/pasted the arguments from Sunniforum and got hammered! So they winged, moaned, complained and ended up leaving OR retreating back into the safe sanctuary of Sunniforum

IslamicAwakening forum also did not have Sunniforum censorship policies.

Many of these individuals have retreated to select WhatsApp groups where they can “gloat” over their Academic superiority and there is nobody to challenge their arguments.

I strongly believe that shutting down of Sunniforum was a disaster for (innocent) Deobandees who had a SAFE SPACE to protect their Eemaan.

An example of what I am talking about is how I got to know Dr76 from Sunniforum. When Haris Hamaam was on his mission on IslamicAwakening  forum about “Taqleed Shaksi”, I was introduced to Dr76 Saheb. On the topic of “Taqleed Shaksi” we discussed the Fatwa of Mufti Rahseed Ahmed Gangohi (RA) on it.

I love Dr76 Saheb but to present a paragraph of Hazrat Gangohi (RA) on the topic against an avalanche of evidence was never going to be effective. I advised Dr Saheb of this and we have remained close ever since although it is still the chief weapon in his armoury against “deniers of Taqleed”.

The issue isn’t what is convincing to “Deobandees” the issue is to convince the masses of your opinion.

When people are refuted (at Muftisays) their ego is bruised because the same people are used to enjoying lofty titles in their (closed WhatsApp groups) and on Sunniforum so intense hatred develops between me and them, it is a fact.

When you surround yourself with those who worship you and fall for every word you say, it is not easy to be contradicted.

They know that that they are wrong but refuse to budge so as a result, I use colours, CAPS etc to make my point which annoys them even further.

The feeling is much more intense for South Africans and British Muslims because their environment is “Hazrat Worship” so they cannot imagine someone who is not an Alim challenging Ulama and asking probing questions etc.  Ulama or those who are not “Hazrat Worshippers” or are balanced Sufees like Dr76 and others get along with me just fine by IGNORING my habits or AGREEING/DISAGREEING where necessary.

The issue isn’t what I am saying but WHO I AM and HOW DARE I SAY IT! I could have and still can easily retreat and get back to being a “nice Hazrat Worshipper” boy and restrict myself to translating Malfoozat which most people publish (AFTER omitting my name)

Now let’s get back to the topic

 
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Winner x 1Old x 1
back to top
Rank Image
bint e aisha's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
1,122
Sister
423
bint e aisha's avatar
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2018 14:57
ALIF wrote:
View original post

السلام علیکم

There have been several researches on this topic and the mainstream interpretation is that writing in caps is equal to yelling.


How Capital Letters Became Internet Code for Yelling

“All-capitals provide visibility—maximum size within a given area,” said Luna. And that works online, too. “All-caps in an email looks like shouting because when someone is shouting, you’re aware of the shout, and not the nuance,” Luna told me over email. “ALL-CAPS FILL THE SPACE, so there’s an element of feeling that the message is crowding out everything else.”

The “caps lock” key makes it unreasonably easy for us to be rude (even, sometimes, inadvertently). “Caps lock” has, in fact, inspired more controversy than most keys. Getting rid of it is one of Matthew J.X. Malady’s top suggestions for improving the keyboard. “The key is a nuisance, its prime real estate leading us to depress it unintentionally and often unwittingly,” he complains at Slate. The "caps lock" key has inspired larger-scale protests, too. In 2006, Belgian software developer Pieter Hintjens launched the “CAPSoff” campaign, aiming to get the offending key kicked off the keyboard altogether. Though the project was welcomed by outlets like The New Scientist, Wired, and The Chicago Tribune, “That campaign ended many years ago,” Hintjens told me over email, admitting that it “didn’t make any real change.” The CAPSoff campaign may not have achieved its mission, but it’s never too late. I say we should revive Dave Decot’s third suggestion: spacing words out to show anger. Not only does it take more time—upping the chance that you’ll calm down before you press “send”—hitting the space bar between each letter is kind of therapeutic.




Wikipedia says etiquette generally discourages the use of all caps when posting messages online. While all caps can be used as an alternative to rich-text "bolding" for a single word or phrase, to express emphasis, repeated use of all caps can be considered "shouting" or irritating. Such poor netiquette has led to a number of cases involving employees being laid off for this particular reason.
Woman fired for e-mails in all caps


Here Donald Trump is shouting at Iranian President Rouhani in 'all caps'.




report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Winner x 1Bad Spelling x 1
back to top
Rank Image
bint e aisha's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
1,122
Sister
423
bint e aisha's avatar
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2018 15:06
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -1Dislike x 1
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
1,031
Brother
498
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2018 15:40
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Optimistic x 1Old x 1
back to top
Rank Image
xs11ax's avatar
Unspecified
2,004
Brother
1,622
xs11ax's avatar
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2018 16:05
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

I said this a looooong time ago. Probably on sunniforum. Not sure.

It's difficult and in some cases impossible to understand the sentiment behind a comment on an online forum - because we do not personally know the person who is commenting so we do not know his characteristics and in what manner he is writing. A good person might be harsh because he cares for you and desires good for you, and a bad person might be sweet because he doesn't care about anyone as long as he is praised as a great guy. But by not knowing them in real life we might think the harsh person is bad and the sweet person is good.

Apart from a few choice individuals, I don't really focus much on who is saying what on muftisays. In most cases I don't check who is writing and who I'm replying to. I just focus on the content and try to remain impartial. No need to get personal. 8

Most of us here are adults with our own lives, work, responsibilities, families and children. We behave like adults in real life and we should behave like adults online too.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -0Like x 1Agree x 2Disagree x 1Winner x 2
back to top
Rank Image
Unspecified
740
Brother
497
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2018 16:16
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah khairan for taking time,I am grateful,stay blessed. Amin
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
9,321
Brother
7,794
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2018 17:03
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Disagree x 1Optimistic x 1
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
20,787
Brother
6,912
abu mohammed's avatar
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2018 17:23
These are brother mkdon101's words from an old thread:

Quote:
As brother abu mohammed said yes maybe i can tone it down a little and not be so aggresive for that i apologise and hold my hands up but all my points are valid.


It has been up and down since then. But overall, the points are of concern and need to be looked into, but in order for it to be done correctly, brother mkdon101 should stick by his words and tone it down.

Otherwise, I don't think he is need of help (mentally) and neither is he a troll.

For the sake of brotherhood, lets stick to the topic and not get personal or carried away. I know for certain that mkdon101 and many others, go away from this forum before and after posting that they are doing their part and is also learning from others, including Muadh.

FYI: I don't know either of the brothers personally and we have never met, unless we have accidently bumped into each other in a Masjid somewhere.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
9,321
Brother
7,794
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2018 17:26

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Insha'Allah, withholding any further comments on the subject. The reason I said even that much to convey my point of view to the brother that I did not act out of spite.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2Optimistic x 1
back to top
Rank Image
Maripat's avatar
Offline
Gham-o-Huzn
1,988
Brother
2,759
Maripat's avatar
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2018 06:00
One day we shall, Insha Allah, learn not to get in each other's hair.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
back to top
Rank Image
Unspecified
740
Brother
497
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2018 07:15
100
Maripat wrote:
View original post

That will happen only when we consider each and every Muslim as part of ‘self’, take his honour and respect as our own, feel his pain as if it is hurting us....

We are not here to argue,to confront, to win. The purpose is only one :

و تواصوا بالحق و تواصوا بالصبر
(Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience)

and

وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْمَرْحَمَةِ
(those who believe and enjoin one another to steadfastness, in [pursuing] obedience and in refraining from disobedience, and enjoin one another to compassion (marhama means rahma) , towards creatures)
report post quote code quick quote reply
+5 -0Like x 3Agree x 1Winner x 2
back to top
Rank Image
Taalibah's avatar
Unspecified
7,107
Sister
5,407
Taalibah's avatar
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 14th January 2019 21:57
Most of the frustrations arise from miscommunication and misunderstanding. At the end of the day we are all trying to survive in a physical, mental and spiritual environment surrounded by trials or difficulties.

Each of our understanding is going to be at a different level at different times.

There is only ease for a believer in the hereafter.

Respect each other’s opinions. Forgive each other and move on. Sometimes the kindess person can slip and have moments of aggression likewise an aggressive person can show times of kindness. We are all different and it’s the difference that should be appreciated.

Although it’s not uncommon to come across Muslims who show obnoxious and aggressive behaviour. May Allah protect us from this and guide them. They are hurting nobody but themselves, not to mention damaging their life in this world and the next.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -0Like x 3Agree x 1
back to top