Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Asia Bibi: Pakistan acquits Christian woman on death row

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 11th November 2018 15:18

Comprehensive, Professional & Thorough Analysis of Pakistan Supreme Court Judgement

freepdfhosting.com/bbbfc6d069.pdf

This is all I asked for from day one, nothing else is needed on this subject.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 11th November 2018 16:22
Thank you, brother. An excellent, well-researched analysis of the judgement that serves to defeat the so-called rational thinkers of our society at their own game. Logic and critical reasoning. Of course, when they read this, they will completely abandon all logic and try to revert to appealing to the emotions of people by suggesting how a poor mother of 4 is being treated so unfairly, blah, blah.

After reading this it should be very clear as to why Maulana Sami ul Haq (RA) was calling for the punishment of blasphemy to be given to Justice Saqib Nisar. His arrogant and dismissive handling of such a sensitive case is enough to rile up any true Muslim, Deobandee or Barelvi. Just reading the above document got my blood boiling at the thought of the kind of law-enforcers that we are living under here in Pakistan. Then people wonder why the Pakistanis are not respected anywhere in the world.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 11th November 2018 18:55
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

That's wonderful! May Allah reward this scholar immensely who has taken out the time to analyse and dissect the judgment. I wish I could know his name.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 11th November 2018 21:10

Asia Bibi: Analysis of flawed Supreme Court judgement

1. What did Aasiya Noreen (aka Asia Bibi) do in Pakistan?
  2. How did the village react?
  3. What did the Imam do after her public confession?
  4. What is an F.I.R and how is it recorded in Pakistan?
  5. Who tried and convicted Asia Bibi in the District Court of Sheikhupura and what was the judgement?
  6. What was the detailed judgement of Lahore High Court which dismissed her appeal?
  7. What is the details of the judgement of Supreme Court of Pakistan acquitting her?
  8. Why and what prompted the lawyer of Asia Bibi to flee to Netherlands?

Finally, a through breakdown and technical analysis of the Supreme Court of Pakistan judgement. This analysis clearly outlines why the judgement is hasty, flawed and must be thoroughly reviewed by legal experts and reconsidered otherwise it has the dangerous potential of becoming one of the biggest travesties of modern legal history.

www.central-mosque.com/index.php/Civil/asiabibi.html

This is the one of the most detailed and systematic presentation of the facts and analysis of Asia Bibi’s case to the best of our knowledge in the English language. We ask that you make Dua for those who have put this together and publicise it to ensure that the facts of this case are brought to light.

Jazakallahu Khayran

+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 11th November 2018 23:55
Anyone know any reality to this recently posted news, if true and from him then must be added to the discourse:

www.thenews.com.pk/print/392528-mufti-rafi-usmani-s-open-...

Mufti Rafi Usmani’s open letter : Allah’s law flawless, witnesses and adjudicators can err

Top Story
Our Correspondent
November 11,2018
According to Mufti Usmani, the Supreme Court has thoroughly examined the evidence before acquitting Asia Bibi. The apex court based its judgment on the available evidence and also cited various religious references in the judgment, he said, adding the SC judgment has raised some issues that are worthy of consideration by the Ulema and experts of Islamic Jurisprudence. A thief's hands cannot be cut off without going through all the several strict conditions and restrictions attached to the law in Islam.

KARACHI: Religious scholar Mufti Rafi Usmani has said Aasia Bibi’s departure from Pakistan before the Supreme Court verdict on the review petition will result in a mayhem across the country.

In an open letter to the nation on Saturday, the scholar cautioned the people of Pakistan against becoming emotional to the extent that they resort to unlawful actions.

Referring to the immense love and respect for the Holy Prophet (PBUH) in the hearts of the people, the scholar said Islamic faith is not complete without love for the Holy Prophet (PBUH). It says Pakistan is passing through a turbulent time when various crises are rising one after another, and the current issue of blasphemy has created a wave of extreme anger among the faithful because they cannot compromise over love for Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him).

The love for Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) is the corner stone of the faith and every Muslim would sacrifice everything for that.

According to Mufti Usmani, the Supreme Court has thoroughly examined the evidence before acquitting Asia Bibi. The apex court based its judgment on the available evidence and also cited various religious references in the judgment, he said, adding the SC judgment has raised some issues that are worthy of consideration by the Ulema and experts of Islamic Jurisprudence. A thief's hands cannot be cut off without going through all the several strict conditions and restrictions attached to the law in Islam.

There is a critical decree in the Islamic Jurisprudence to save the person from the ultimate punishment or "Hadd" where the circumstances allow that concession. Dilating further, he said a mere suspicion of theft does not qualify for the extreme punishment of cutting the hands. He said the value of the stolen property and the place it is stolen from and most critically a clear, unambiguous and non contradictory evidence by two people is pivotal to reach a judgment. He said the Sharia Law consider the case and its circumstances of the crime very minutely and allows benefit of doubt to the criminal where possible. While quoting principles of Islamic Jurisprudence and citing various conditions and circumstance of the law for theft, the letter says every thief cannot be awarded the extreme punishment.

Mufti Taqi Usmani said during Gen Zia's tenure, when the Hadd Law was being drafted it was suggested to adopt extreme care so mockery is not made out of the Islamic Laws. The Shariat or the Islamic Jurisprudence upholds the principle of benefit of doubt that goes to the accused. The Supreme Court, Mufti Usmani says has very elaborately discussed the strength of evidence and the contradictions of the witnesses both in the light of the Islamic Laws and those of the country. They have also concluded that there is a reason to give benefit of doubt to the accused based on the quality of evidence. He maintained that Allah's law was flawless. But, he added, adjudicators and witnesses are fallible, and any error by witnesses can create doubts about the evidence of crime. Therefore, according to Islamic jurisprudence, benefit of doubt would go the accused, causing release or reduction in punishment.

Mufti Usmani said he does not doubt the love the honourable judges have for the Holy Prophet (PBUH). They have expressed their love for the Prophet (PBUH) by expressing their readiness to sacrifice their lives for his honour, he added.

Mufti Usmani said the Shariat forbids against any extreme act to enforce the Islamic Jurisprudence besides it also warns against miscarriage of justice. Considering judges’ fallibility, it is reasonable that the Supreme Court's larger bench considers the review petition minutely. The verdict of the bench considering the review petition would be final and has to be accepted wholeheartedly in accordance with Shariah.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 12th November 2018 05:40
I doubt the veracity of the above news piece. Haven't heard any such open letter attributed to Mufti Rafi sahab here in Pakistan. By all accounts it is clear that all the Deobandee ulema here are unanimous in their view that this judgement was nothing but a farce.

The news media though is hell-bent on finding some loophole that would allow Aasia to escape punishment. When all else has failed they are now resorting to attributing false leniency statements to our ulema to appease the common people who follow every word of these ulema. A few days back I even saw a supposed twitter post from a Maulana Tariq Jameel account which had him saying that he had thoroughly read the SC's verdict and that he was convinced that it was the right call to make. Of course anyone who knows Tablighi ulema knows that they never openly discuss these matters and choose to remain silent. If this was indeed his stance Maulana would have said something about it in the recently concluded Raiwind ijtema, but he didn't.

At this point I would be skeptical of anything that is reported in the news.

There is also a slight inconsistency with the above article. It starts off with saying that this statement was issued by Mufti Rafi Usmani but then in a later paragraph continues on to mention Mufti Taqi Usmani as having said something regarding this.
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 12th November 2018 09:59

fod1083 wrote:
View original post

As-Saif wrote:
View original post

1. Official Press release is on the website www.central-mosque.com/index.php/Civil/asiabibi.html
  2. 9th of November 2018 Bayan that it is our duty to protect the honur of Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam)

soundcloud.com/darululoomkarachi/namoos-e-risalat-aur-ham...

What he is saying that due judicial process needs to be followed to ensure that an event has actually occurred.

It is the responsibly of Government (of Pakistan) to file an appeal to have this decision (of Supreme Court) reviewed and the bench of 3 chief judges should be extended to include more (Muslim) Judges. In fact, Council of Islamic ideology should be included in the (review) process since this issue is of utmost importance, it should NOT be taken lightly.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 12th November 2018 13:33
Unfortunately, here in England, those against the ruling are being labelled as Islamist's. i.e. radicalized Muslim. Be it from Pakistan or elsewhere!

Edit:
What is an Islamist?
"Dictionary.com wrote:

Islamist (ˈɪzləmɪst)

noun: Islamist; plural noun: Islamists
1. an advocate or supporter of Islamic militancy or fundamentalism. "radical Islamists"

adjective: Islamist
1. relating to, advocating, or supporting Islamic militancy or fundamentalism.
"hardline Islamist groups"
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 12th November 2018 14:14
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Same is the case here! You haven't met secular, liberal Muslims of Pakistan.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 12th November 2018 16:09

Feedback & Questions

Question: Can you tell me a verse of the Qur’aan which outlines the punishment of blasphemy to be death? (Received 12th of November 2018)

Answer given at the bottom.

central-mosque.com/index.php/Civil/asiabibi.html

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 12th November 2018 16:26
The thing is, who cares what anyone else thinks? If it were a case of reviving some Sunnah or some other law of Shariah that was bound to rub the "enlightened" Muslims the wrong way, I would have conceded my position and would have perhaps tried to appease them so as not to disillusion them from Islam. This matter, however, is totally out of our hands. Such is its severity. If Prophet SAW, who was the beacon of mercy in this world, who was even a tiny glimpse of what Allah's mercy would be like, did not forgive those who disrespected him when the Muslims conquered Makkah, then it's a pretty clear-cut message for the Ummah as to how we have to treat this matter.

If ever there was a time for an irrational response this is it. Think of it this way. You come home to see your wife/mother/daughter getting raped, would you pause and think "well, hold on a minute, I shouldn't take the law in my own hands, I should take this man to the Supreme Court and get justice for myself through the proper channels." Of course not. If you do, then that means you have never loved them. Anyone who has experienced love would agree that you would act without thinking and that you would want to hurt that person in the worst possible way. Now our love for Prophet SAW is supposed to be more than our love for our parents, wives, children, even our own life. So how can we be expected to remain rational in the case of Prophet SAW. So people can think whatever they want to, call us whatever "ist" they can think of, fundamentalist, Islamist, extremist, they can never put out the fire that has been lit inside our hearts.

Just remember, these repeated attacks on Prophet SAW are part of a planned desensitization of Muslims. They know that this issue is extremely sensitive to us, by making its occurrence common, they intend to make us desensitized, so that a day comes when they can insult Prophet SAW openly and the Muslims would be like "meh, they do this every other week, can't do anything about it, let's move on". So we should refuse to be desensitized.
+0 -0Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 12th November 2018 16:38

fod1083 wrote:
View original post

I do because I am Muslim!

Allah Ta'ala commands me in the Qur'aan:

[16:125] Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided.

Not only these people are Muslims but they are also my uncle, your aunty, my niece, your nephew and Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) DID NOT come to nuclear bomb people to hell but to guide people towards Jannah.

We will keep trying to respond to people in the best manner possible as the Qur’aan commands.

This article is being read by many people in Pakistan and feedback being provided by many whom you would deem to be “Secular”. The argument is getting inside their head, hearts belong to Allah Ta’ala.

central-mosque.com/index.php/Civil/asiabibi.html

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 12th November 2018 16:53
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Yes, mashaAllah, I agree yours and everyone who is making these efforts, their work is extremely commendable. I hope it does bring these so-called secular people to their senses. Because ultimately, the points that you guys are making are less about Shariah and more about speaking their own language. It's about plain and simple logic. Something that, sadly, they are more inclined to respond to than to any Sharaee argument.

Though like I said people who have already made up their minds will ignore even the most logical thing in favor of something which makes them "feel good" about themselves.

I was never worried about the secular ones anyway, it was the practicing Muslims here in Pakistan who were p*****g me off more than anything. Attempting to justify their inability to act by trying to find some reason to prove that the SC's judgement was sound.

Authorizer Edit: Please refrain from such language
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#59 [Permalink] Posted on 12th November 2018 16:54
In refernce to being labelled an Islamist
"fod1083 wrote:
The thing is, who cares what anyone else thinks?

I also care what we get labelled, especially here in England (as Scotland and Northern Ireland still have Blasphemy Laws and is part of the UK).

We strive day and night to protect and honour our Deen, but to get labelled incorrectly with something that would ruin the lives of millions is not right. So in order for us to show that we do care, we need to highlight the importance of blasphemy and true justice.

If our country of residence do not support such laws, neither do they support many other laws - that does not mean law abiding practicing Muslim's should be labelled with such harsh terminology!

Image source www.france24.com/en/20181031-blasphemy-middle-east-asia-b...
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#60 [Permalink] Posted on 12th November 2018 17:12
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Perhaps I am unable to understand your perspective because I haven't as yet lived full-time in a non-Muslim country, but forgive me, this makes it seem like you are extremely desperate for their approval. To them even praying five times a day is extremist, so why would you care what they think?

From what I have learned about the West, it has pretty much become a trend there to use one of the "isms" to target a particular group to shame them into renouncing their identity. The colored people shame the whites by accusing them of racism, to the extent that now some whites are on a mission to prove they have non-white blood in their genes. The women shame the men by accusing them of sexism and now men are going out of their way to concede to their demands. Similarly they are shaming any and all practicing Muslim of "extremism" so that the Muslims do all they can to prove they are not extremist, even if it means foregoing some of our religions practices. So should you fall for such propaganda and try to project yourself as a "non-Islamist" when they don't even care that you are or not?
+0 -0Disagree x 2