Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Asia Bibi: Pakistan acquits Christian woman on death row

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 5th November 2018 02:04
I don't know much about the case, nor the fiqh of it, so I don't have an opinion on the matter.
I however agree with the tweet from Mufti Abu Hajera (if this is what is happening due to protest)
:
Quote:

"The shame when protest is in name of Islam, and so many of Islamic commandments are violated.

Utter disappointment when such this become prevalent; Some religious leaders still continue to promote such protests!

Tell the millions on protest to come for Fajr Salah! Ask Allah!!!

Regardless of the level of Muhabbah one claims for Islam, if your muhabbah shows its colors through destroying property, stealing others merchandise, harming people... I shall not stand with you.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 5th November 2018 04:23
Its barelwi TLYR guys that are all doing the damages. Various Deobandi groups have held protests and did not damage anything, infact it lost one of its most senior leader.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 5th November 2018 04:55
Rajab wrote:
View original post

Yes,that is right,in pukhtunkhwa where deobandi Uluma makes the majority there were huge protests but all remained peaceful.

Mufti Abuhajira db is right.Sometimes it becomes difficult to support a very genuine cause like this, because the criminals infiltrate and quickly take charge,start looting and destroying public property of poor innocent Muslims. The liberals take advantage of it and post the videos on social media portraying "the Mulla" as the most anti-social segment of the society.They keep posting certain images again and again till the message is lost while the image remain printed on minds for a long time to come.

This has been happening even on international stage. They 'provoke' and then record our protests (which is unfortunately,mostly,violent) and then keep posting it on social media to show as if we are not only barbarians but utter fools,as we are destroying our own countries while the crime is being committed thousands of miles away. The criminals enjoy our ‘reaction’ which is so 'predictable' and 'stereotypical' for them. They know they can create any degree of disorder in our ranks whenever they want by simply posting a cartoon or uttering an insulting word.

Time to avoid knee jerk reactions and give measured and rational responses to such provocations.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 6th November 2018 10:27

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

06NOV2018: The role of UN & EU

www.dawn.com/news/1443852/aasia-lawyer-holds-eu-un-respon...

THE HAGUE: The lawyer, who saved Aasia Bibi convicted of blasphemy from death row, disclosed on Monday that the UN and EU made him leave the country “against my wishes” because his life was at risk.

Saiful Mulook, who has fled to the Netherlands, said he contacted a United Nations official in Islamabad after violence erupted following the Supreme Court’s acquittal of Aasia Bibi on Wednesday.

“And then they (the UN) and the European nation ambassadors in Islamabad, they kept me for three days and then put me on a plane against my wishes,” the lawyer told a press conference in The Hague.

“I pressed them that I would not leave the country unless I get Aasia out of the prison... I am not happy to be here without her, but everybody said that you are the prime target at the moment and the whole world is taking care of Aasia Bibi.

“They were of the view that I was the prime target to be killed, and that my life was in imminent danger. For three days they did not let me open the door, one day I called the French ambassador and said I do not want to be here.” The lawyer had previously said before his departure on Saturday that he was leaving because “in the current scenario, it’s not possible for me to live in Pakistan”.

Mr Mulook arrived in The Hague at the weekend after a short stopover in Rome, with the help of the HVC Foundation, a Dutch group that focuses on the human rights of Christian minorities.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 6th November 2018 11:33
I'm not saying destruction of property is the right solution, but would pacific marches have solved the issue ? The christian would be at large by now and we would all be ashamed.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 6th November 2018 14:30

Zubayr wrote:
View original post

Deobandees have lost street power in Pakistan as I have said before. Deobandees have also lost the lead on Khatm-e-Nubuwwat issue.

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 8th November 2018 08:09
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Screenshot_2018-11-08-13-09-49-1.png
Downloads: 62
    [137.82 kB]
+2 -0
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 8th November 2018 17:47
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

This cricketer has made a fool of himself and he will get hurt harder than the previous ones if he doesn't get rid of liberals and idiots soon.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 8th November 2018 18:00
First of all he should get rid of Fawad Chawdhry. I detest this guy; he is a duplicate of Pervez Musharraf!
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 8th November 2018 21:20
correct me if im wrong but wasnt the court's decision the correct one? as there slight doubt regarding the blasphemy she is accused off islamically you cant give the hudd. why are people so upset. just as its important to defend the honour of rasoolullah (saw) its just as important to defend the integrity off shariah law and apply it correctly and not let mob justice rule
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 8th November 2018 22:04
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

That's according to news we've heard here in the UK. (Hence my silence on the discussion)

What they hear, see and read in Pakistani media is not what we hear or read.

EDIT: Based on popular Radio phone-ins and tabloids. Otherwise blasphemy is one topic I take to heart just like others - it is a very serious issue.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2018 04:55
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

The court ruling is published,both in English and in Urdu,is available on the net for everyone to read. Such things create serious doubts about the justice system in Pakistan. Why could not the session court and Lahore high court detect any discrepancies in evidence if there was REALLY any discrepancy present ? If the loopholes in the case were so obvious why both the lower courts awarded Asia Bibi death sentence which the Supreme Court had to over rule ? Was it that the lower courts were scared of the same kind of reaction we see today ? If so,it was a mockery of justice. If the Supreme Court is creating doubts about the decision of Lahore high court out of some ulterior motives, again it makes no sense,as we don't have any reason to doubt the eeman of the three member bench, all of them Muslims, including the Chief Justice of Pakistan.

It is not a small issue. In addition to its obvious religious sensitivities,it has got huge political implications,and may set the course of the future of Pakistan and its society,both nationally as well as on international stage.The issue has got the 'potential' to go out of hand and create serious law and order situation if Asia Bibi 'actually' manages to go out of the country (like her lawyer) before the decision of Supreme Court on the review petition....

The question is,what if the highest court of the country gives the same verdict in review petition ? (review petitions are seldom successful to overturn the decision).In that case, the government will have no legal right to prevent Asia Bibi from going abroad and take asylum in a western country as it looks impossible for her to keep staying in Pakistan in one piece.

In any case,it looks more likely that Pakistan is in for another political turmoil in near future......

+1 -0
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2018 13:36
ALIF wrote:
View original post

DANGEROUS!
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2018 13:46
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

History repeats itself.

Good leader bad team or bad leader good team = Failure both ways :(
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 10th November 2018 12:43
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

As I had stated previously, the decision has sparked doubts in the mind of the ulema because of the manner in which the proceedings were held. A 10-year old case was decided in about 3 hours by the CJP and no details were disclosed as to how he arrived at this decision. The only thing he said was that there was no proof to convict her. Which completely glosses over the fact that she had previously confessed multiple times, not only in front of common citizens but in front of law enforcement personnel. How is that now there is no mention of that confession? Moreover, IF there is no proof of her guilt then the accusers should be punished under the law of Shariah for false accusation. Not to mention the two judges who convicted her in the first place. How were they able to arrive at a death sentence without proof? But there is no mention of any of these points, is there? Doesn't that strike you as fishy in the slightest? Apart from the "no proof" thing, the reasons for not convicting her include flimsy reasons like "there were 25 people present there when the incident happened, why have only 5 of them testified". So you can see how it seems to a sane person that the case is being deliberately "cooked". Perhaps on the orders of hidden powers.

Shariah or no Shariah, they are making a mockery out of the laws in Pakistan. Seeing this no common man who hopes for justice for some wrong done to him will ever approach the court. They will try to obtain justice for themselves. This case is setting up a precedent for that.

As for the protests here in Pakistan, I am no fan of TLP, but let me ask you guys this. Whenever there is a hurricane in one of the states of the US and some people take advantage of the situation to loot and plunder, do you guys label all Americans as uncivilized hordes? Or perhaps even label all blacks as criminals due to such activities? There are bad eggs within every group. And there are always people who will take advantage of the slightest of chaos, doesn't necessarily mean they are being egged on by the ones who have taken up to protesting for a righteous cause. Besides, all I am hearing here in Pakistan these days are things like "they shouldn't have disrupted the lives of the poor who depend on daily wages...etc." So that means people would have been fine if they had disrupted the lives of the rich? Not to mention the messed up state of our emaan, we are worried about daily wages when our beloved Prophet SAW cannot even get the respect he should get in a country founded on his principles. The reason ulema in Pakistan took to the streets is because of the love that they feel for Prophet SAW and the genuine feeling of panic they are experiencing at the thought of this convicted blasphemer leaving this country without punishment. Because if she does leave they fear that what will happen in Pakistan, will make places like Syria and Yemen look like heaven on earth. There is a genuine fear of the wrath of Allah.
+2 -0Winner x 1