You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Yasin
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 24th September 2018 19:38
Darul Uloom Deoband and Hazrat Mufti Ahmad Khanpuri db have given the fatwa of impermissibility on use of CCTV cameras in masjids and elsewhere.

The earlier thread was locked so made a new thread so as to pass on the information.
For detailed information see the attached files which were sent to me by one of the members here
Verdicts of Madaris on digital photography.pdf
Downloads: 102
    [352.05 kB]
Fatwa Dhabel- CCTV.pdf
Downloads: 10
    [1251.42 kB]
Photos of the ulama.pdf
Downloads: 56
    [971.42 kB]
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 24th September 2018 20:22

afzalyunus wrote:
View original post

You are spelling Hazrat's name as Khanpuri. The same document spells it as Khan Poori and KhanPoori, can you all first agree on the spelling of the person before we can proceed with anything else?

Also the persian text attributed to Hazrat Thanwi (RA) also has typos.

Please ask whoever is the pdfMaster to fix these simple error, Insha'Allah.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 24th September 2018 23:24
Khanpuri is the correct spelling as the village name is spelt Khanpur
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 24th September 2018 23:27
You do realize that those who consider videos to be allowed would allow CCTV cameras around the masjid, while those that don't consider videos to be allowed may also not consider CCTV to he allowed.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 24th September 2018 23:28
The muftis that hold digital photography and videography to be impermissible do not generally give permission for CCTV. the ones that deem it permissible usually do allow it. In UK, there are hardly any mosques left that do not have CCTV installed inside and outside the mosque including the jamat khana
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 24th September 2018 23:30
And masjid boards and Maulanas will "pick and choose" who they want to follow in different situations. One example:

some would insist we must follow Dhabel and women aren't allowed to come to the Masjid, it doesn't matter who says women should be allowed we turn to Dhabel. Yet at the same time they would ignore Dhabel and install CCTV cameras.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 24th September 2018 23:32
www.darulifta-deoband.com/home/ur/Halal--Haram/59146

کیا مسجد کے اندر کیمرا CCTV لگانا جائز ہے؟
اور اس سے نماز پر کیا کوئی فرق ہے؟

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

سی سی کیمرے میں تصویر کشی پائی جاتی ہے، یہی وجہ ہے کہ اس میں ایک معین وقت تک تصاویر محفوظ ہوتی ہیں؛ اس لیے اس کا لگوانا جائز نہیں؛ البتہ اس کی وجہ سے نماز میں کوئی خرابی نہیں آئے گی۔

واللہ تعالیٰ اعلم

دارالافتاء،
دارالعلوم دیوبند
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 24th September 2018 23:40
You always keep bringing women in to every discussion. Majority of the deobandi darul uloom hold the same view on that issue so there's no picking and choosing.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 24th September 2018 23:51
That was the first real life scenario that came to mind. I am sure they are many examples. The picking and choosing occurs when some use the excuse that we take our rulings from so and so institution as the basis for following a fatwa when it is in their favor, but when another fatwa from the same institution isn't to their liking then they conveniently ignore it.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 25th September 2018 00:03
And I actually don't mind if masjids follow different fatwas from different institutions on different issues. Its just my experience that people are quick to accuse others of picking and choosing when it suits them, and they think they are being conservative, but are guilty of the same in other matters.

This thread is a good example of that. As you said many Masjids installed CCTV cameras, and i assume this is despite the fact that they hold Mufti Ahmad Khanpuri in high regard and turn to him for guidance on other matters.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 25th September 2018 14:22
I realize that others may not relate to what I am saying if they haven't gone through something similar in the recent past I.e. Individuals/Organizations using fatwas when it suits them in a particular situation, and sometimes the reasons for doing so may be personal or cultural rather than Islamic, even to secure their job. At the same time they are very nasty to others.

So ignore my comments and discuss CCTV.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 26th September 2018 10:15

Rajab wrote:
View original post

I think I might have know that. :lol

I am trying to point out the professionalism oforganisations when the name is spelled two different ways within the samedocument let alone across documents.

Rajab wrote:
View original post

But it’s perfectly permissible for members of our Darul-uloom to get Photos taken to apply for British VISA and then come to England to raise funding for Darul-uloom. There is no way around it and it is genuine Islamic need to raise funds and nobody else can do it and this necessitates the committing of a Haram act by our faculty members and teachers.

The need to raise funds in Britain overrides the sin of committing Haram.

While our teachers and members are in Britain, it is also permissible to take photos to apply for Schengen (European) VISA so they can visit Spain and see the ruins of Islamic history. The act of indulging in photography for seeing a ruined Cordoba Mosque in Spain also overrides the committing of sin and indulging in Haram.

+1 -0Like x 1