Top Members

islamic dramas

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd February 2018 16:31
@mkdon101 and others, it seems fans like yourselves have given demand to productions of such movies.

A $1b movie on The Prophet Muhammed (saw) will be made by Qatari based Muslim's together with Hollywood. And you will be part of the cause in one way or the other. Supply and demand! It's what the Muslim world needs right? it's better than listening to lectures or reading books right?
Quote:
Alnoor Holdings, a Qatar-based media group, announced that it had entered the execution phase for its septology film franchise based on the life of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
Over $1 billion is allocated for the epic production that will be filmed in Qatar and selected global locations.

These movies might have a tiny bit of benefit in it, but overall - it is wrong and you can't deny that.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd February 2018 17:55
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

salam

ideally i agree hence i said taqwa demands stay away from tv but same time we have to b realistic. i cant stand the argumemt when people say oh haram they gana depict xyz or cnt make islamic tv but have no issue with watchin rubbish like eastenders or x factor. u may laugh but we know it happens.

also im speakin from experience. despite hearing and reading so many inspiring stories of our predecessors non affected me more than omar series and ertugrul. we tent to visualise things and these shows did it.

yes ertugrul and otjrt turkish ones are islamic propaganda u can say but so is virtually evrything single film/show/drama kuffar make.

two bigt ssues i seen with ummah is we lack courage to take on the non muslims and we have a defeatest mentality thinking west is tooooo powrful. but in reality they aint. most of the fear they caused is is via brainwashing. from craddle to grave all we see on tv is how they are the most civilised, advanced, powerful etc. but are they really?

just turn on news and see how uncivilised they are. powerful? yh they got better weapons but whats their A bombs compared to Allah? no army can win through just weapsons.

anyway i digressed. for me these shows showed me anythin is possible and how 1 man or minoirty on haqq can take on the oppressors. yes haytus sahabah and inspirational talks do as well but maybe its just me when i see and read them i feel yh that was then.

my main purpose of this thread was jus to say look most muslims have tvs. why not accet fact they are not going to throw them away and give them an alternative. for those who feel soo strongly about pics n vids then yes mashAllah i hope i cna have same imaan but i dont get it when people who are ok watchin silly movies and shows but play the burzurgh card when it comes it islamic dramas. ertrugul has its flaws bt its early days. most you get is a woman hair showing or husband kissing wife on forehead. theres no nudity, or obsenitiee. also i enjoy ibn arabis inputs when he draws lessons from Quran and seerah.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd February 2018 18:02
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

look 15 yrs ago my late father رضي الله عنه smashed tvs in my house. he was a very close mureed of mufto ludhvani رضي الله عنه n when he was told no tv he broke. back then all scholars were same wavelength. now look 99% are on utube tv and hav their pics.

let me say final time. taqwa demands u stay away from ALL photography and videos. maybe i should of made it clearer in post one my point is not givin in to demand but givin alternative. silly example would be 'halal' mortgage. taqwa says avoid that too but even scholars who back it would say its designrd for those who are hellbent on taking mortgage anyway.

ps. ertrugul really is sick lol. maybe im biased and speaking as a fanboy in which case dnt take me too seriously
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd February 2018 18:08
We can take away the tablets from the kids and give it back to them when they are the imams of the masjids so they can give the khutbah : ).
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd February 2018 18:19
Bte I am all for limiting their usage of such devices. There also possible issues of eye strain, computer neck syndrome, carpel tunnel syndrome, nerve issues, effects of excessive blue light etc
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 21st March 2018 19:43
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd March 2018 05:42
I very clearly remember a Hadith that I read in my young age.

There were some folk singers and performers who were passing by entertaining people. They also passed in front of Rasoolallah SAW's house. Rasoolallah SAW covered the door way by his presence and kept a hand and a leg on the door frame. This provided the cover for the ladies in the house to look out side without exposing themselves to the public. The entertainers passed by.

These entertainers were from a tribe whose name is known and I have heard my Tablighi friends naming the tribe. Either they were already Muslims or they did become Muslims later on.

The Duff is not outlawed by our scholars.

Sports as entertainment, like riding and wrestling too is not forbidden.

In summary some amount of entertainment is permissible to us Muslims too.

My problem is that how much these things can be stretched today? Clearly this ball lands in the courts of the Scholars, the Ulama.

This brings me to a sore point.

The TV and the whole modern media.

I do know about our Elders. They have declared that if you bring TV into your house then shamelessness will come in as a package deal.

Hence more than a decade ago I got rid of the TV. That is where the trouble starts. I have to spend inordinate time on internet to gather the relevant news, the daily dose.

A TV would have given it to me in 15 minutes per day. I have to waste much more time for the same.

But my personal case is different I have chosen to comment on anything and everything that affects Muslims the world over and hence I have to invest lots of time on internet.

What about the general Muslim public? Well all of them have TVs in their houses except for the Jama-at people.
And they and me are taunted and commented on for being out of place, misfits, too rigid, orthodox and uncompromising and foolish. That is a lot of insult to take in.

Whether we like it or not people do need entertainment. People outside our circle, the Jama-at and Tasawwuf circles, have lots of money and they do avail all the entertainment available to them. Once a very respected and religious physician from hyderabad sent his two daughters to Lucknow so that they would spend a few days with a big Shaikh there. The daughters and daughters-in-law of the Shaikh took these visiting girls for an outing. The host ladies went to a movie and the two hapless visiting girls had to spend three hours in the car. This story gives me goose pimples whenever I remember it.

The policy of our Elders and Ulama is that protect yourself and cut-off from the rest of the public.

These are the interfaces that we have with the society and on these interfaces there is an enormous amount of stress. Elders and Ulama have to guide the Ummah on this front otherwise Ummah is doing what is forbidden by the Elders and and the Ulama.

There are Muslim Banjara's in Rajasthan state of India. They entertain people and they do so with the whole family. Obviously these are not the most respected people in society in general an Muslims in particular. But tis entertainment comes closest to what Rasoolallah SAW himself allowed.

I am not completely falling for my own suggestion. As I said the decision has to be from the Elders and the Ulama. If not then the Muslims will rather gladly watch the filth that is being served. I do remember when I had a TV in my home it was horrifying that even kids cartoon show was using filthy language.

News is a necessity. In today's times even entertainment is a necessity. I myself have to sit on Facebook after any significant task just to relax myself. Elders and Ulama may kindly pay attention to this angle and guide the Ummah to the effect that they provide avenues to Muslims where they have workable options to relax.

Beyond the Banjara paradigm I have absolutely no other idea. I find myself as clueless as the next person.

Related quote : "Papa ko pata hee nahin chalta aur rasm ho jati hai". "Father (and Elder of Jama-at) does not even realize and the family carries out the rituals ( inherited from our Hindu past)".

Note : I have raised a question but I do not possess the energy to go into long debate and discussion over it. I am most humbly requesting that these words be taken in the right spirit and spare me the trouble to defend for foolishly I have taken too many things on my head that are beyond my capacity. I am slowly giving up things so as to operate within my ability.
+2 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 8th June 2018 09:12
Moustapha Akkad’s ‘The Message’ to be shown in Saudi Arabia :(

"The Message" which has now undergone extensive restoration and will be screened in 4K at Vox Cinemas Riyadh Park during Eid-Al-Fitr. (Tarik Film Distributors)

Friday . June 08, 2018

Director Moustapha Akkad’s masterpiece “The Message” will be screened in Saudi Arabia for the first time after being passed by the country’s censors.

The cinema epic, which chronicles the life of Prophet Muhammad and the birth of Islam, has undergone extensive restoration and will be screened in 4K at Vox Cinemas Riyadh Park during Eid-Al-Fitr.

The Oscar-nominated film was passed by the General Commission for Audiovisual Media (GCAM) at a screening on Thursday.

The film caused controversy when it was released in 1976 and was banned across much of the Arab world.

Now it will be given a widespread release across the region. Only Kuwait has continued its ban on the film.

Akkad’s son, Malek, has lobbied extensively for “The Message” to be screened across the region.

The director’s son has worked tirelessly on the film’s restoration and to reacquaint himself with his father’s work.

“Ironically, even though it’s over 40 years later, probably the biggest challenge has been, once again, all the censorship boards and trying to get them to come around and see this film in a new light,” Akkad said.

“Over the years it has become a favorite, a classic in the region that they play on satellite stations, so a huge portion of the population are familiar with this film. But there is still an old guard on the censorship boards. However, I’m happy to say we have been pretty much successful in a large number of countries and I’m very happy about that.”

The re-release has been made possible by a collaboration between Akkad’s Trancas International and Dubai-based distribution company Front Row Filmed Entertainment.

Moustapha Akkad was born in Aleppo, Syria, had began work on the film in 1974, shooting two versions simultaneously — one in Arabic and one in English. The Arabic version featured some of the biggest stars of Arab cinema, including Abdullah Gaith in the lead role of Hamza. In the English version, the role of Hamza was played by Anthony Quinn.

In accordance with Islamic beliefs, Prophet Muhammad was not be depicted on screen nor was his voice heard.

www.arabnews.com/node/1317631/saudi-arabia
No post ratings