You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
DeobandiLover, ali, Mooshtachu , Khalid Abuja, Mulla, Asaaghir, amat-ullah
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 6th February 2018 17:07
Alot of our deobandi tasawuffi circles are just bakwas layani and futile. Shaykhs are actors and stroke their egos and mureeds trying to full fill their deep desires of acting like some mureed from some medieval age of a 500 century old shaykh.

And now this next thing is this whole mass recruitment of women ........
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Winner x 3
Rank Image
World Of Allah
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 6th February 2018 17:14
Solution!

Ban all female association. Issue a strong fatwa against it with the understanding of Fiqh Al Waqi.

I'm sure there are other ways of gaining closeness to Allah.

I don't know of any sister who is bait to any scholar (in person). Yet I know of sisters who are doing perfectly well without a Shaykh.

Stop this game and stop it now!
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 6th February 2018 17:35
First and foremost, the Fatwa should be commended for its use of language ensuring impartiality whilst maintaining clarity. Hence, Muftī Taqi SB alongside his endorsement, makes special mention and praises the answerer.

With regards to what the brother above has stated:

The questioner has remained anonymous and has good reason to. It's a female who most likely isn't disclosing her name so that she doesn't have to face abuse from Shaykh's "fans".

As for his khulafa who have left, then there is nothing wrong in going to another Shaykh and establishing connection with them. I assume by that you mean Shaykh Kamaluddin who has ta'alluq with Hadhrat Maulana Qamruz Zaman Saheb DB now. It isn't the first time either that someone has left his circle and joined someone else. Amongst them Dr. Mursil and others who later joined Peer SB.  Scholars for a long time have had reservations for him and some have written to him directly about certain practices amongst them a prominent ālim from Madīna and Khalīfah of Hadhrat Shaykh RA.

More importantly, it's the attempts made to justify one's wrong actions and then it's occurrence under the pretext of Tasawwuf that is of great concern. The problem regarding women is just part of the problem associated with the "Shuyukh" and "Peer's" of today. Personal matters and dealings of a well known Shaykh in India who happens to be a senior khalifa of Peer Zulfiqar have recently come to light which is disturbing to say the least.

والي الله المشتكى
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
India
Brother
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 6th February 2018 19:01
As-Saif wrote:
View original post

Will you elaborate.?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 6th February 2018 22:32
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.
+7 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 6th February 2018 23:45
Mooshtachu wrote:
View original post

Will you provide proof?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 6th February 2018 23:53
Shaykh Zulfiqar has given Khilafat to many Senior Ulama, what do they say?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 7th February 2018 00:48
On Facebook Tasawwuf o sulook page it says Shaykh Zulfiqar took away khilafat from mufti Kamaluddin etc, I have read and heard he (mufti Kamaluddin) and others they left the Shaykh.
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 7th February 2018 04:24
Student of Knowledge wrote:
View original post

plz give link
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 7th February 2018 05:31
Exploitation in the name of Din is not a new phenomenon.Quran mentions the RAHBAN of Jews etc and how they used to exploit others. Even the history of Islam is full of such people who used Din,and particularly spirituality, to exploit fellow Muslims. Some of them even declared themselves prophets and even God in the end.The history of Catholic Church is well known to all...and how the Protestants revolted against their excesses.

Allah SWT has given us a Din,easy and clear like a day light. Allah SWT gave us eyes to see and a mind to think. Allah SWT broke the chains of superstitions from our minds through his book and his prophet pbuh,why then many of us keep falling into such traps now and then ?

Tasawwuf is obviously not bad,it only tells us to improve our conduct and our manners. It is also obvious that if one wants to excel in a field,one needs a teacher. We need someone to guide us,particularly when we are working on our akhlaq,for the simple reason that by nature one fails to see faults in ‘himself’. That person guiding us could be our parents,family elders,the Imam of our local mosque,a teacher in madrasa or school or even a sincere friend...and also a Shaikh.

Terminologies have played havoc with many branches of knowledge. Had we called it ‘the art of attaining Taqwa’ we would have a set standard before us to judge ourselves and our guides.With the passage of time the word tasawwuf has become riddled with ‘mysteries’ of all kinds. A Pir or a guide has become a larger than life mystical figure,the simple goal of moulding our conduct according to Sunna is changed to the attainment of certain vague mystical positions,certain kaifiyat originating from within our own minds through self hypnosis and meditations,the true ilm is replaced with certain ‘ill defined traditions’ passing from chest to chest,the tools have become the objectives....We have lost our way...

Despite all this,we still have good uluma and remarkable mashaikh present. Let not one event make us disappointed in our abilities as an Ummah. This is a very robust umma,we have survived more serious problems in the past. As Maripat says,we are in deep crisis,morally,spiritually and materially...but we will keep making the necessary corrections where required and keep moving forward. Our Din have got inherent checks and balances fully in place.and this incident is just one example of it. May Allah SWT help us all. Amin
+5 -0Like x 4Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 7th February 2018 05:46
Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

Just read all the posts here, this all is a pretty good elaboration.

Is this what the maqsad of tasawuff was, is this why organized silasils came into existence? The religious actors of this era basically made this whole tasawuff into an exotic consumer product within the islamic religious domain and selling it well to the boys and girls.

Who is a top shaykh nowdays?? The most cunning chalak taiz one of the lot, who reads all the maktubaats and irshadaats and then emotionally explains them and is able to impress the audience. They even learn all their acting from reading the Ahwaal of the awliyas in books.
Then they do their performances and simpletons or deluded mureeds seeking out mureedship become so happy they finally found mujadid alfe thani, right out of the book.

Many are just religious actors , and inteligently know how to get themselves recognized, through their acting and being well read in scriptures.
+3 -0Agree x 1Winner x 3
Rank Image
India
Brother
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 7th February 2018 06:57
As-Saif wrote:
View original post

And we have become the highly pious judge to apply all these allegations to this poor old man on this basis of an ambiguous fatwa of a fallible scholar.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 7th February 2018 07:18
(1) "I am saying with the deepest conviction that in today's times it is better to observe Pardah from everyone except for your wife".

Shah Wasiullah Khan Sahab RA

(2) Moral problems have been with us for all times. Rasoolallah SAW was alerted to these by Allah SWT Himself when the people were warned to not enter Prophet's household without permission and when the ladies of the household were warned to observe Hijab and when believers were asked to lower their gaze.

The problem has been there since Rasoolallah SAW and it has not disappeared in our times.

Thankfully, thanks being due to Allah SAW, we know what to do in these situations. Let us make the best of the teachings of Islam in these times.

please understand that as I sit in India the tensions engendered by the Hindutva forces are much more critical than these failings at the top level of our Ummah. Let us take note of the situation, take necessary precautions and move on.

My heart goes out to brothers like xs11as and sisters like the ones who found them cornered in these mighty psychological traps. I can tell you from personal experience that these psychological traps can be extremely unnerving, horrifying, debilitating and damaging. The harm and damage can be very serious and very long lasting. Yet brothers and sisters please pull yourself up. You can do it. we can do it.

(3) I am not saying that this event and the similar ones narrated above will have no effect, these will have their due effect but the trick is to overcome the set back. even in times of disasters there are always injunctions, requirements and duties of Shariah that are due on us and that is what we have to take care of.

(4) I had wasted several years of time and effort in the company of the followers of a famous Dayee of Islam in North India . Till Maulana Salman Hussaini Nadvi came out with an exposer. The Dayee in question is certainly a Dayee but he was also milking the Dawah image and idea for worldly gain that I feel were disproportionate. Since then I dissociated myself from him.

(5) Even after that I was still looking for people who would guide us and the Ummah out of our current worldly problems. Slowly I am coming to the realization that I should better do whatever I can do myself and not look for a hero or a leader.

(6) I am more worried about the negative impact the episode will have on our morale. I would like the impact to be minimal and I would like it to me completely neutralized. Work of Ummah has to go on. These episodes have to be pushed to a side so as to these look like distraction in a journey. Even if the trouble takes place at a high and big level. May I request my brothers and sisters to have more faith and confidence in themselves and move on. Take care of yourself and your near and dear ones rather than expecting miracles from public celebrity Shaikhs and Leaders.

(7) Shaikhs and Leaders we shall still need. In that context be extra careful. A disaster is not an end of the road. It is just the beginning of a new road.
+5 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
India
Brother
#59 [Permalink] Posted on 7th February 2018 07:27
As-Saif wrote:
View original post

I've heard what we say about others will have to be proven on the judgement day by us.

I'm trying to find any hadith which confirms that those who make allegations on others and highlight the faults of other Muslims will be honoured on the judgement day.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#60 [Permalink] Posted on 7th February 2018 07:28
Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

I dont care to know about who this shaykh is and neither i have issued a fatwa about him. I am addressing a sad situation of today being brought to light here. If you know who this shaykh is and know him well then you please go ahead and focus and assess him.

There is a higher than him issue that is being discussed here now, which happens to stem out of his discussion from op, but yes for atleast me the discussion has moved on,so no I don’t know or care about the individual you are so concerned about.
+2 -0Like x 2

Jump to page: