Create an account
Most Reputable Members

The reality of Peer Zulfiqar

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Topic Appreciation
Appreciate
The following members appreciate this topic: DeobandiLover, ali, Mooshtachu , Khalid Abuja, Mulla, Asaaghir
Muadh_Khan
Rank Image
Longevity:
40%
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2018 12:06

Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

W-Salam,

I wish to have a cup of tea.

report post quote code quick quote reply
Winner x 1
Creative x 2
Site Support
Please DONATE generously towards Muftisays

We spend hundreds of hours ensuring you receive a quality service from this site. We do not fall into the advertisement schemes as all the ads contain elements of Haraam including Haraam Islamic links. Please consider setting up a £1 monthly donation. May Allah (swt) reward you.

Arfatzafar
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2018 12:12
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

May Allah swt fulfill your wish.

Ameen x 4
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2018 13:51
I had a Shaykh caution me about Shaykh Zulfiqar Ahmed over 10 years ago although he did not mention details .... I am reasonably certain his peer bhais, that is other Khulafah of Shaykh Ghulam Habib (rah) have had concerns for a longtime.)

For the record his two most devoted Khulafah are no longer associated with him...... Mufti Kamaluddin Ahmed (DB) and Shaykh Dr Hussain Abdus Sattar (DB).

Concerned
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2018 14:13
Sad. May Allah allow us to repent and forgive us , ameen. On another note , his mureeds are the only people who "tashkeeled" me besides tablighis. I was at a dinner with one of Shaikh Zulfiqar's khalifas and his mureeds from USA. They haf travelled to meet Shaikh Zulfiqar who was visiting. When i tried to speak to the mureeds, most of whom were young university students , they were all encouraging me to join the tareeqa, and kept referring to grand shaikh or Dada shaikh or some term referring to the shaikh of their shaikh (shaikh zulfiqar). I found it strange. Was a bit like a cult.
Agree x 1
Concerned
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2018 14:34
I cant remeber exactly but there was also something fishy about how the mureeds were behaving after the Shaikh's bayan. While the congregation was going up to meet the shaikh The mureeds were all infront of the shaikh and staring at him . nothing like I had seen before.
Agree x 1
Muadh_Khan
Rank Image
Longevity:
40%
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2018 14:36
Agree x 1
Muadh_Khan
Rank Image
Longevity:
40%
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2018 14:48

My father was a high ranking Government official and was a Barelwee and so was his Peer Saheb (whom I vaguely remember as a child).

Once he called my father to his village (which he never did) and the reason was that he wanted to go for Hajj in his old age but he believed photography to be Haram and he didn’t believe that getting pictures for passports was permissible even for Hajj and it was against Taqwa.

They lived in some remote village and for the only time my father decided to have a Government issued Jeep (and security detail). I went because I wanted to ride the Jeep. My father never used the Government vehicle for personal use but this time, him and some other officers went in Government vehicles (I remember that).

He had called my father for consultation.

There was no way him or his wife (and daughter, I think) were going to get pictures taken but he wanted to explore any possibility of performing Hajj (since it was Fardh on them).

Government of Pakistan issued special diplomatic immunity to the 3 of them through my father and they were allowed to travel on passports without pictures. Pakistani consulate officials at Jeddah received them and walked them through immigration.

There were plenty of Ulama who believed in photography being Haram and never did Hajj or Umrah. Unlike today when Fatwa is given that Photography is Haram but pictures are taken to spend Ramadhan in London!  

Like x 2
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2018 15:04
Concerned wrote:
View original post

Yeah there was a Cult like element to it... Everything was done by some mureeds in consultation with the Shaykh, Naming a child, buying a house, buying a car, the type of course at university, Marriage etc.
Agree x 1
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2018 15:38
ALIF wrote:
View original post

According to a lecture I heard from Shaykh Zulfiqar Ahmed.... If the Mureed is Sincere in his intention and makes Bayah in order to connect to ALLAH, Then ALLAH will guide him, even if the Shaykh turns out to be corrupt or someone who does not practice what they preach.

No post ratings
Muadh_Khan
Rank Image
Longevity:
40%
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2018 15:45

Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

No post ratings
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2018 17:11

One of the biggest problems with such groupings (or silsila's) is that the belief of the weak follower is that the leader cannot be wrong, they cannot mislead, there must be daleel, he must be exempt and thats why the wrong doings become the norm, the norm becomes the culture, culture turns into The Culture.

Like x 1
Agree x 1
Winner x 2
ALIF
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2018 18:16
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

This may be the current practice but this is not the standard teaching of any silsila. It is true that the relationship between the Shaikh and mureed is like a ‘doctor’ and his ‘patient’ rather than a teacher and his student. While the student is encouraged to ask questions till he is satisfied,the patient is expected to trust his doctor and follow the instructions (indeed one has to make sure first if he is in safe hands).

Having said that,it is not a requirement to follow Shaikh if he is obviously going against sharia. The standard instructions are to discuss the issue with Shaikh (in a respectful way). He may either be able to satisfy you or else you ‘must’ leave him and find someone else to teach you.

There are numerous examples from our pious elders in this regard. Hazrat Gangohi ra was asked that his Shaikh Haji Imdadullah ra did not agree with him on his stance on mawalid. Hazrat Gangohi replied : “The issue is related to sharia,therefore,in this particular issue Haji sahib should follow us rather than we following him,because we are the scholars”...

SYED Ahmad Shaheed ra once told Hazrat Ml Abdul Hayye ra : “If you find me doing anything against sharia,please notify me”.Ml Abdul Hayye ra instantaneously responded : “In that case Abdul Hayye will not be with you to keep you notified”

Such is the standard set by akabir of tasawwuf....
Winner x 1
Arfatzafar
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2018 19:09
WORDS FROM SHAYKH MUHAMMAD NÂSIRUD- DÎN AL-ALBÂNÎ

"Listen my brother. I sincerely advise you and other youths like you, who stand upon a type of deviation - as it seems to us, and Allâh knows best - that do not waste your time in refuting each other, saying that such and such has this in him, and such and such has that in him. This is because; firstly: there is no knowledge at all in this, and secondly: this mannerism only breeds enmity and hatred in the hearts, and causes contempt and rancour to develop in the hearts. So It is upon you to seek knowledge. It is knowledge that will make clear to you the reality of the speech which is in praise of a particular person having many mistakes, and whether he is deserving of being labelled as an innovator. Yet why do we wish to delve into such issues. Indeed I advise you not to delve into such issues. The reality is that we complain about this splitting which has occurred between those who ascribe themselves to the da'wah to the Book and the Sunnah - or as we say, ad-Da'watus- Salafiyyah the greatest cause of this splitting, and Allâh knows bests, is the following of whims and desires and the evil dictates of one's soul. It is not due to the presence of differences in thoughts and ideas. So this is my sincere advice."

[Silsilatul Hudâ wan-Nûr (784/1), dated the 1st of Rabî' al Awwal 1414H (9-12-1993)]

WORDS FROM SHAYKH 'ABDUL-'AZÎZ BIN BÂZ

"What has become common in this age, is that many of those who ascribe themselves to knowledge and calling to good, fall into belittling many of their brothers who are well-known dâ'îs , and speaking against the honour of the students of knowledge and the dâ'îs . This is done sometimes secretly in their circles, sometimes on cassettes which are then circulated amongst the people, or sometimes publicly mentioned in their gatherings in the mosques. And this matter opposes the command of Allâh and His Messenger from a number of angles ... So I sincerely advise those brothers who have fallen into slandering and maligning the dâ'îs , that they should repent to Allâh, the Most High , for what they have written with their own hands, and what they have said with their own tongues; which may have been a cause for corrupting the hearts of some of the youths; filling their hearts with hatred and malice, and pre-occupying them away from acquiring beneficial knowledge and calling to Allâh, because of being pre-occupied with qîl and qâl (gossiping and rumour mongering); and with speech about this person and that person; and with hunting for the mistakes of people, and burdening them with this. Likewise, I sincerely advise them that they should redress whatever they have done, and declare themselves free from the likes of these actions, through writing: or methods other than this. They should remove whatever may have entered the minds and thoughts of those who listened to them, and they should take to doing those fruitful actions that will draw them closer to Allâh, and which will be of benefit to the worshippers. They should beware of being hasty in pronouncing takfîr , tafsîq or tabdî upon people, without the truth being explained, and without the proofs being established. The Prophet sallallâhu 'alayhi wa sallam said: "Whosoever says to his brother: 'O unbeliever' then it will return to one of them. " The authenticity of this hadîth has been agreed upon."

[Majmû' Fatawa wa Maqalat Mutanawwi'ah (7/311-314), abridged.]
Like x 1
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2018 19:17
Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

Great advice from great scholars of their schools. But when these errors become accepted or become the norm, these fatwas would go out of the window. It is the sin and the cause of the sin that is exposed with examples.

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post
No post ratings
Arfatzafar
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2018 19:34
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

It's the duty of the scholars to look into this matter.

What we should do is that we should stay away from wrong scholars/mashaykh instead of highlighting their faults.

“O gathering who believe with their tongues but faith has yet to enter into their hearts, do not backbite the Muslims. And do not search into their private matters. Whoever searches for their private matters will have Allah follow up his private matters. And whose private matters Allah follows, He will expose him even [if his act were done] in his house.”

(Recorded in Ahmad and Abu Dawood)
No post ratings
Back to top Post New Topic Locked

Jump to page: