Create an account
Most Reputable Members

Bitcoin....

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Topic Appreciation
Appreciate
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Muadh_Khan
Rank Image
Longevity:
40%
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 24th December 2017 16:36

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh

Over the years, I have seen laymen Muslims make all sorts of bad investment choices and loose money. I am not going to advise you on what to or what not to do with your money.

Its your money so do as you wish.

However, I have personally witnessed many sincere Muslims lose money by investing in MLM and all sort of questionable ventures BECAUSE a certain Maulana or Shaykh has either recommended it OR given a Fatwa that its permissible.

I personally know Muslims (laymen and scholars) who have lost thousands in MLM. If you think that MLM (pyramid scheme etc) will make you rich, you need to get a grip on reality! There is NO SUCH THING as get rich quick!

I have sat down with scholars who have invested thousands into MLM (and then lost it) because they had a Fatwa stating that MLM is permissible OR another scholar sold it to them.

Just because a Fatwa has been issued that a certain investment is permissible doesn’t mean that it is financially viable, attractive, lucrative or even safe.

The latest craze is Bitcoin. Many Muslims are watching the news and feel left out so they are rushing to Ulama to get Fatwa.

Bitcoin in a bubble. Before you wager your savings on bitcoin, do your research and it takes hours and days of research to decide upon investment opportunities. Simply getting a Fatwa that its permissible or watching news on CNN or BBC is not the way to invest your savings.

I will end by saying that its your money and you are free to do as you wish BUT be careful with your investment. Lastly, don’t blame scholars who issue Fatwaas of permissibility if you end up losing your money or investment. Personally, if I was a Mufti I would add a disclaimer to the bottom of each and every one of my financial fatwaas but I am not a Mufti and it is their choice as to how they word their Fatwaas.

report post quote code quick quote reply
Site Support
Please DONATE generously towards Muftisays

We spend hundreds of hours ensuring you receive a quality service from this site. We do not fall into the advertisement schemes as all the ads contain elements of Haraam including Haraam Islamic links. Please consider setting up a £1 monthly donation. May Allah (swt) reward you.

Back to top Post New Topic