Create an account
Most Reputable Members

Sheik Mumtaz ul Haq of South Afrcia passed away

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Topic Appreciation
Appreciate
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
hmdsalahuddin
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 8th August 2017 16:49
Got message that Sheik Mumtaz ul Haq of South Africa passed away after being shot in attempted hijacking.
report post quote code quick quote reply
Site Support
Please DONATE generously towards Muftisays

We spend hundreds of hours ensuring you receive a quality service from this site. We do not fall into the advertisement schemes as all the ads contain elements of Haraam including Haraam Islamic links. Please consider setting up a £1 monthly donation. May Allah (swt) reward you.

abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 8th August 2017 17:04
innalillahi wainnailaihi rojiun
No post ratings
Asaaghir
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 8th August 2017 18:07
Not the same Imam we know from London.
Loading tweet
No post ratings
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 8th August 2017 18:13
Shaykh Zahir Mahmood

I have just received the sad news that my beloved teacher Ml. Mumtazul Haq was shot earlier today in an attemted car hijacking in South Africa and has passed away.
Moulana was an ocean of knowledge, with an expertise in many Islamic sciences. A testimony to this is that in his final exam of the alimiyya course he came in the top three in the whole of Pakistan. Subsequently, he was sent to South Africa, alongside his elder brother, Ml. Mansurul Haq, may Allah preserve him, by no other than Ml. Yusuf Binoori, rahmatullah alaihi, to teach in the first Darul uloom in South Africa, established by Ml. Qasim Sema, rahmatullah alaihi.
With great proficiency the two brothers picked up the English language and began to use it as a medium of teaching, for nearly two decades they remained the most senior teachers in Darul uloom.
I have many fond memories of the two brothers. A recent one was a year ago, when I sat in their lectures in Qasimul Uloom, Cape Town, marvelling at the depth and breadth of their knowledge.
But, it is the love and affection that Qarisahib (Ml. Mumtazul Haq) afforded me everytime I met him, which really lives on for me as a student of his. The last time I met him he called me to the side and gave me a bottle of fragrance, saying, "I apologise this is all I have with me."
Last week I was informed that Qarisahib would be in Cape Town, so, I requested one of my colleagues to convey my salams to him and he responded with salam and requested that I make special dua for him. All of a sudden that response means the world to me.

The famous Arabic quote goes:
موت العالم، موت العالم.
"The death of a scholar ultimately is the death of the world."
For the likes of myself Qarisahibs martyrdom is not merely the death of a scholar but that of a loving teacher, who will be greatly missed and remembered in our deepest duas.
May Allah grant him Jannatul Firdous.
No post ratings
Back to top Post New Topic