Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Bad Parenting leading to Worse Children

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 17th March 2017 13:57

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh

Shaykh (Maulana) Marghoob Ahmed Lajpuri (HA)  told me that some of the Good Manners are universal and if the Parents tach them to the children they automatically follow it for the rest of their lives.

He went to Burma (Myanmar) and went out for shopping. While buying at a Shop he realised that he had no change so he told the Buddhist girl that he would leave get change and come back.

She said, “You stay here (father), your daughter will get the change for you”.

He said that of course it was business and she wanted to make sure that she gets the sale but the words went beyond normal salesmanship.

This must have been taught by the Parents.

When you are growing up your mother teaches you basic manners:

1. When you take something say Thanks (whatever language, religion you follow)
  2. When you get something wrong say Sorry (whatever language, religion you follow)

Today, we have a vast number of adults who don’t seem to have these basic manners at all.

Everybody makes a mistake, everyone gets things wrong but you clearly see again and again a basic lack of manners which should have been taught when a child is 5 years old.

You go to the Masjid and someone blocks your car, you wait 10-15 minutes and the guy comes out with literally no remorse (just a casual Sorry) and drives away, does it again next week and next week and week after

People misunderstand something and hold onto an opinion for years and despite knowing fully well that they have gotten it wrong (never acknowledge the error).

You have people who are highly presumptuous and even when their presumptions are proven categorically wrong they simply go about their lives like nothing happened.

A lot of times people ask me what took me out of Salafiyyah, it wasn’t knowledge and it wasn’t presentation….

I just woke up one day and realised “There is no way MY PROPHET (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) behaved like this!”

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1