Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Interview with an ex ex-muslim

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 15th September 2016 23:02
m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57da536be4b04fa361d993b2

Interview with a woman who left islam.and came back. Very good read. She raised many goos points which i give credit to muftisays members have raised. Would be good if ulema could read this so they can be better equipped with the challenges we face
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
london
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 16th September 2016 00:59

What lessons did you learn from it?

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 18th September 2016 18:27
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 18th September 2016 18:52
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2016 13:40
Apostasy is primarily from sense of desperation, frustration and social injustice.

Day in and day out many of our Brothers and Sisters vent, become Salafees, leave Salafiyyah, become Bay't, leave Tasawwuf, also leave Islam etc etc etc

Much of these matters and this Interview has nothing to do with Islam.

How do we fight this a different issue altogether. We cannot because our Ulama and Institutions are not geared towards looking at Social Injustice so not a lot we can do except to deal with apostasy on a case by case basis.

Its unfortunate since this is a growing problem and as economic conditions deteriorate and Islamophobia increases, it will get worse...
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2016 19:33
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

not to have a pop at salafees but many of the sunni murtads tend to come from that background ( yes i am aware murtads come from others too). i think this is mostly due to their aggressive and debating attitudes. if you constantly think your on the right path based on fact you can refute others in debates a time will come when you wil lose a debate and then feel you been on wrong path all that time

as for the interview it mentions many of the reasons people leaving is islam is due to irrational reasons. most do it so they can indulge in vice which they couldnt do as muslims, had oppresive and super strict parenting, or just to fit in with non muslim and become coconuts.

as for your last point i would agree. i dont want to have another ulema bashing post but they really are out of touch with reality and what actually goes on amongst the youth ( adults too) work places, schools and unis. yes they maybe know here and there but unless u been in that environment its difficult to address it. its like hajj. someone may know all the theory and can tell you what time to do xyz but never actually been there were as a non scholar who has been many times can speak from experience and tell you were to shop, when is good time to do tawaf and ziayara etc.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 20th September 2016 08:14
No post ratings