Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Split: what is the purpose of posting Islamophobia news

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 14th September 2016 16:49
exactly what is the purpose of this thread? apart from making my blood boil i dont see any benefit in spread the misery, humiliation and attacks muslims face worldwide, especially on a forum where non of us are in any position to do anything.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 14th September 2016 17:03
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

Same thing happens to me!... I assume it is for purpose of research by Muadh Khan.

Anyways as regards the above I have personally decided to avoid all news and all threads, for atleast the next 4 months. and focus on myself and read and listen to lectures on Purification of the heart and self-reformation.

+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 14th September 2016 18:47
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Its for the best. If we cant help the ummah at least we can try bettering ourselves through islah and ilm.

As for maudh and research why not just contact and work with Mend,Cage,Mpacuk,and doamuslims. They all deal with anti muslim incidents and can provide more info. Avoid tellMama though they are fools and their leader is a right piece of work
+1 -0Like x 1
UK
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 14th September 2016 19:40
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

caution and information. better to be aware as what is in this thread could happen to anyone one of our family members. I try to avoid news such as this also and feel so cowardly inside. it's definitely a weakness to avoid these things and I say this as a partial culprit of this weakness.
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 14th September 2016 21:43
Yasin wrote:
View original post

Lets be honest. Unless someone is living under a rock, no muslim is under the illusion live is all rosey for muslims. Stories like the ones posted today make me enraged.
+1 -0Like x 1
UK
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 15th September 2016 07:34
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

You'd be surprised how many are unaware despite not living under a rock.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 15th September 2016 20:53
I am well aware of Islamic Organisations which work in this area. Some of those mentioned don't specifically work in this area.

I had a meeting with the head of MEND a week ago, although they do work to highlight Islamophobia but that is not their primary remit.

TellMama specifically highlights issues in UK from my understanding of their scope.

So this straightaway discounts issues outside of UK.

HHUGS and CAGE as per my repeated discussions with them have revealed they have a specific scope.

DOA is not as well known and Social Media savvy as the (former two). This is my subjective opinion and if any of you disagree, there is nothing to fight over and I concede.

Secondly, what makes people speculate that someone is not involved with these organisations in some capacity or well connected with their Leadership, Management or even workers? What makes you make these assumptions?

Thirdly, this thread is to highlight issues globally which some of these organisations don't.

Fourthly, lets assume that all of these organisations do a global scope and do exactly the kind of advocacy which the posters are "claiming". In some words, I am dead wrong and all these organisations do these and also have a global scope.

Even based on that assumption, is there any harm in highlighting these matters again and the second or third or fourth time to get maximum coverage???
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 15th September 2016 22:05
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Nothing wrong with that! Infact its essential and necessary. I think onus is on us individually if we feel we are being negatively affected to take a step back to recharge our batteries, focus on increasing our Yaqeen and Tawakkul etc.

Anyways for those interested here is a short 28 min lecture by Imam Safi Khan on Yaqeen www.halaltube.com/safi-khan-yaqeen-moving-forward-with-co...
No post ratings