Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Umar (ra) khalid bin waleed (ra)

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2016 17:35
salam

i been watching a few more videos of the omar series and im not using it a reference as the following incidents are well known but they just reminded me off them so i will ask about them here.

1) in the drama it shows umar رضي الله عنه uspset with khalid bin waleed رضي الله عنه for killing malik bin nuwayrah. abubakr رضي الله عنه defends khalid and said he did nothing wrong. also it shows malik as a) believing in the false prophetess sajah, refusing to give zakah and having killed muslims.

what really happend and was Umar رضي الله عنه angry with khaalid and if so why?

2) in the drama umar رضي الله عنه says khalid should be punished because he killed malik despite him not commiting open kufr ( follow sajah is open kufr) but isnt there the famous story were Umar killed a man for asking him a question which rasoolullah (saw) had answered and had gone to abu bakr رضي الله عنه as well?

what gave umar right to kill him? i thought only Allah and his messenger knew who the munafiqs were.

3) in the drama abubakr رضي الله عنه said i will never demote khalid bin waleed رضي الله عنه how dare i unleash the sword of Allah which rasoolullah (saw) himself unleashed.

we all know umar رضي الله عنه demoted him, would this be example of umar رضي الله عنه going against the wish and command of rasoolullah رضي الله عنه? i appreciate he did it because he didnt want khalid to become a folk legend and hero but is that a good enough reason. when abubakr رضي الله عنه took over he insisted on keeping usama bin zaid رضي الله عنه as commander despite his age as it was something rasoolullah (saw) had decided.

finally im listening to yasir qadhis seerah which alhamdulillah is amazing. not heard something as detailed and good since anwar awlakis رضي الله عنه detailed seerah, he mentions the prophets linage and that only upto adnan is accurate and anything beyond him is speculative. I have heard many deo scholars do a sanad up to adam رضي الله عنه . my question is if we do accept that chain it would make human race around 6000 years old but scientist have unearth human remains which predate 10000 years. now i can never give science precedence over quran and sunnah and seeing as this sanad is not sahih i will beleive the scientist who say humans have been around for much longer ( im not talking about evolution) so why do scholars still mention that sanad it makes muslims look dumb. its not like we hve to beleive it or its from rasoolullah (saw) and if evidence is showing humans were around for much longer surely the truth has to be is there are many missing links between adnan to ismail (AS) and up to adam (AS)
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -1Dislike x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 19th August 2016 03:16
Regarding the lineage of the Prophet (SAW), see this link:

hadithanswers.com/the-lineage-of-nabi-sallallahualayhi-wasallam/

As for the differences between Abu Bakr (RA), and Umar (RA) on the role of Khalid ibn Waleed (RA), I'd refer to the seerah literature not the drama.

We've discussed it twelvershia.net in some detail.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1