Create an account
Most Reputable Members

Wifaqul Ulama backs Remain

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Topic Appreciation
Appreciate
The following members appreciate this topic: Muadh_Khan, abu mohammed, MUSLIMAH_119, Taalibah
WifaqulUlama
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2016 12:30

Is a Britain in Europe better for Muslims?

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh

This statement is being issued on the 18th of June 2016 and supersedes all previous statements on the subject.

Wifaqul Ulama backs Remain:

We have taken the time to analyse some of the “facts” being presented by both sides of the campaign. It is our opinion that Muslims in Britain should utilise their right to vote on the 23rd of June and back the “Remain” campaign. Those who may not have the time to conduct a thorough research on the topic are advised to look at the backers of both campaign. The far right wishes for Europe to become more protectionist and insular but it is in our best interest to be more accommodating, unbiased, unprejudiced and to remain together. We respect the right of others who may disagree with us and back "Brexit", it is their democratic right.

Full Article

report post quote code quick quote reply
Site Support
Please DONATE generously towards Muftisays

We spend hundreds of hours ensuring you receive a quality service from this site. We do not fall into the advertisement schemes as all the ads contain elements of Haraam including Haraam Islamic links. Please consider setting up a £1 monthly donation. May Allah (swt) reward you.

mkdon101
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2016 17:52
Muadh_Khan
Rank Image
Longevity:
40%
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2016 18:27

mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

Written by a friend of mine. Sat down with him discussed his article in detail went over the Pros & Cons; asked for counter questions. He wanted this to be posted on www.central-mosque.com

Respectfully disagree with Brothers point of view on the issue.

No post ratings
mkdon101
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2016 19:05
i wont be voting as i wont be in the country but i feel just like most non muslims in the UK feel about this issue. no one really knows the facts and both parties say same thing for their own case. for me as with most muslims i want what is best for islam muslims and islamaphobia, those who support remain say if we remain with europe our rights will be protected and it be harder for govts to abuse us yet those who say leave argue far right extremism is on the rise all over europe and many countries have banned niqab, EU didnt step in to defend the muslims living there.

i believe MEND also argue to remain, im leading towards remain ( well i encourage it as i cnt vote) because the leave people have alot of us racists and islamaphobes leading their case.
No post ratings
Ryder
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2016 23:10
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Have been from the REMAIN camp so far, but this article has really got me in two minds, maybe a BREXIT could work out better for Muslims in Britain? Ultimatley, I do believe it will be bad for Muslims in Britain either way, it's just a case of how to limit the bad.

www.islam21c.com/politics/why-i-am-voting-for-brexit/
No post ratings
mkdon101
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2016 00:33
Ryder wrote:
View original post

Bro ur not alone. We are all in same boat . One thing is for sure we muslims need to get organised and fix up. In or out we will still have problems we should be such that no matter what happens we can independantly look after ourselfs. Its like most these MPs. In or out they couldnt give a monkies they're all bunch of millionairs and crooks.
No post ratings
Muadh_Khan
Rank Image
Longevity:
40%
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 20th June 2016 09:30

Ryder wrote:
View original post

W-Salam,

The article muddles together many issues which should be seen to be distinct.

EU is lunging to the right (agreed) but what is the impact of that policy on Britain? As it stands today, United Kingdom is independent to formulate its own policies and will continue to do so. Britain’s domestic, foreign and defence policy will continue to be independent of Europe. There is no treaty, no policy and nothing in consideration or even in the pipeline which will bring about a change.

If we Brexit this week, what is the alternative? Would Britain all of a sudden become left wing, liberal, freedom for all? Support Palestine, break diplomatic links with Israel? Heck no!

Being part of Europe will also not see hordes of Right wingers queuing up to rally on the gates of Dover. Brexit won’t make it any more difficult for them not to enter Britain.

This article is focusing on Slovakia but fails to mention that it’s a “Trio” and Slovakia is sandwiched between Netherlands and Malta. It also fails to mention that the President is a ceremonial figurehead who sets the agenda which is as follows:

http://data.consilium.europa.eu/doc/document/ST-12396-2015-INIT/en/pdf

The next Trio will be headed by United Kingdom.

The problem with these “Brexit” articles are that they are written by tree-hugging Sufees or extreme left wing union supporters so they already have a stance.

Another writer on islam21c blames European Union for Austerity, failing to mention that Britain is not even part of European zone and that our economic policy is independent.

I am not saying that being part of EU is the silver bullet for Muslims but give it a rest (honestly), lets discuss facts.

Britain’s position in the alliance is unique and we have certain privileges (and independence) which others don’t.

No post ratings
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2016 16:43
Like x 1
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2016 08:14

We're on our own after the exit!
No post ratings
WifaqulUlama
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2016 08:15

Brexit, so what now?

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh

The sun has risen on Britain and the country is not United Kingdom. Scotland & Northern Ireland have voted to Remain while England & Wales voted for Brexit.

These are uncertain times but we would like to remind Muslims in Britain that everything happens by the Will of Allah Ta'ala. It is ‪#‎Ramadhan‬ so lets continue to focus on pleasing Allah Ta'ala.

Remember that the fire didn’t harm Sayyidina Ibraheem (AS) and the knife didn’t harm Sayyidina Ismail (AS). The future will take shape whatever Allah has willed for it and not according to our plans, calculations and analysis.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wifaqululama/posts/1700934033504372

Twitter: https://twitter.com/WifaqulUlama/status/746230555935543297

Wifaqul Ulama is working to preserve the Sunnah, earn rewards and preserve your hereafter doing the same.

24JUNE2016
18RAMADHAN1437
07:45

Who are Wifaqul Ulama? http://wifaqululama.co.uk/moonsighting/objectwifaq/25-wifaqwho

Like x 1
MUSLIMAH_119
Rank Image
Longevity:
69%
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2016 11:48
Assalaamu alyakum
I am pleased with the brexit decision. Majority of the eu countries are banning niqaab and other things. At least Britain has allowed us to practise our religion freely inshaaAllaah

I appreciate the fact that we by the Will Of Allaah are allowed to get along with our lives inshaaAllaah. ...Europe has a very negative view on islam. At least in Britain we do have alot of rights inshaaAllaah

Allaah knows what is best for us....They plan And Allaah is All seeing and The Best of All Planners.

Like x 1
Muadh_Khan
Rank Image
Longevity:
40%
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2016 14:25

MUSLIMAH_119 wrote:
View original post

W-Salam,

Will the new Britain increasingly isolated and the legal protections taken away from you, run under Boris Johnson let you practise your religion?

I hope that you are proven right.

Jzk

No post ratings
MUSLIMAH_119
Rank Image
Longevity:
69%
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2016 17:32
I take each day as it comes.
I don't rely on people .....Only Allaah.

We can only wait and see what happens inshaaAllaah....I have full trust and faith in Allaah and only He knows what is best.
Like x 1
Taalibah
Rank Image
Longevity:
81%
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2016 18:00
No post ratings
Taalibah
Rank Image
Longevity:
81%
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2016 18:04
following was something I received few days ago, thought I'd just share the brothers opinion and views here.

SPECIAL PLEA

Colleagues - AA
Pray you are all enjoying the blessings of the holy month. Today many of you will be exercising your democratic right by voting in the Referendum whether to stay in or exit from EU.

Over the last few days you must have received many leaflets and emails for and against the EU.

I don't want to go through all the arguments for staying in as there are many relating to Economy, Migration, Jobs, Social Justice and Human Rights.
I want to emphasise on a single point as Muslims living in UK that it is essential and vital that we vote to stay in.

Muslims across Europe and worldwide and in particular in UK are facing most challenging times. Demonisation of Islam and targeting Muslims as extremists in Media and by politicians is now common practice and seen by many as norm. This is dangerous. As some Muslims are now beginning to think the same. But many feel the hurt and find it painful but helpless.

If we allow the out campaign to win today in my opinion our SITUATION is going to get worse. Allah Almighty is there InshaaAllah to protect us and our Deen but has also given us brains to take the right decision. We have to be part of European Muslim community which can be stronger and a force for good of society. We just have to look at the names of the key figures behind the out campaign and their supporters such as Farage, Gove, Boris, Trump & Co and their record of making statements against Islam and Muslims that says it all. I am no supporter of Cameron whose record is as bad as others but look at the vast number of mainstream figures from other political parties including Labour, SNP and Liberal Democrats. Politicians including Sadik Khan and now Sayeeda Warsi who has also changed her mind and joined the in campaign. Our community and individuals will be better protected under European Human Rights legislation and Courts against malicious accusations and attacks on our Deen.
Those of you who have not made up your mind please vote to stay in and those of you who may be voting to stay out please reconsider for your own sake, for your family and community sake and it is in the best interest of our country as well.

Iqbal Sacranie.
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
Back to top Post New Topic