Create an account
Most Reputable Members

Documentary on Deobandees

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Topic Appreciation
Appreciate
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Muadh_Khan
Rank Image
Longevity:
40%
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 14:04

Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

I request everyone to click on those links and read what I am saying so this Brother can get his kicks, Insha'Allah :P

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Site Support
Please DONATE generously towards Muftisays

We spend hundreds of hours ensuring you receive a quality service from this site. We do not fall into the advertisement schemes as all the ads contain elements of Haraam including Haraam Islamic links. Please consider setting up a £1 monthly donation. May Allah (swt) reward you.

Asaaghir
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 14:07
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

To make it easy for everyone, all the links are to the same page :)
Winner x 1
london786
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 14:09
Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

Bhai this was a classic. I have to give it to you. The simple answer is that differences always occur. This is usually the answer to most questions. I would say be whichever deobandi you want.
No post ratings
Asaaghir
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 14:14
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

On a serious note brother, the point is, with all this chaos within the Deobandi school of the UK, what criteria will this documentary be based on?

The current situation dictates that many Deobandees don't even fully associate with their fellow Deobandees, which in turn is leading the vulnerable young ones to adopt a path that doesn't really clash with the current fashion trend of Salafism. This is where the danger lies. The outcast (compared to those who want to do Eid inside the month of Ramadhan) will eventually have no one to associate themselves to except for websites and forums.

So Which Deobandees have the advantage of moving on? Which will the documentary be based on and who should we follow?

Wifaq or Hizb and so?
Like x 1
mkdon101
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 14:16
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

If by ur own admission most of 3m muslims dnt care for these issues and most deos even know theyre deos why bother making this doc? Why not concentrate on the issue of muslim/islam as a whole?

I didnt see it but i heard c4 doc yday was very bad and tainted ENTIRE muslims in very bad light. I been accused of lying when i say deos dnt care about anyone except themselves and this thread and others kinda prove my point. So much sing and dance over a radio programme ( seriously apart from a few old age pensioners who listens ro r4) but silence on yday doc, and many other anti islam/muslim programmes.

I advice u not to make this program. How will non deo n hanafi muslims see this? We dont lift finger for thr millions of issues facing ALL muslims in uk but hey look we made a doc over some poxy r4 programmed about deobandis.

Why not use ur time and efforts to work with type like raza nadim, brothers from cageuk and mend to make a general doc about islam? Surely thats more beneficial that just a program on who n what deos are. No one really cares tbh.
Like x 1
Agree x 1
Muadh_Khan
Rank Image
Longevity:
40%
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 14:17

Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

When a Racist Islamophobe attcks a Sister in London, does he check whether she follows Hizb or Wifaq on Moon Sighting?

No post ratings
Asaaghir
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 14:21
london786 wrote:
View original post

Shukran Bro.

Everyone appreciates that there will be differences, but I have to fast when my children want to feast and celebrate Eid. I want to offer my Fajr Salah, but I still have to wake up again to wake everyone else up so they can pray later. I want Zabihah, but the wife buys machine slaughtered.

So in one house hold, we are all Deobandi, but according to each other, one is fasting on a day when it is considered Haram, one is eating Halal food the other considers to be Haram, one is praying Fajr when others are still feasting or doing Tahajjud....Where do the Deobandees draw the line.
Agree x 1
Asaaghir
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 14:27
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

But a documentary on Deobandees will really help her. LOL
Agree x 1
Asaaghir
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 14:34
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Besides that, the actual point is being overlooked.

Let me put it simpler:
1: How many factions of Deobandees are there?
2: Which Deobandi are we supposed to be?
3: When a Racist Islamophobe attacks a Sikh in London, does he check if he's Muslim or Sikh :)

Answers:
1: There are no factions, just difference of opinion :/
2: ?????????
3: No - and that's beside the point isn't it brother? (side track)

So, the only one left is 2. Which Deobandi are we supposed to be?

What is a Deobandi, or is this what this documentary is all about - That we are disunited and all shall be revealed.
Like x 1
Agree x 1
Muadh_Khan
Rank Image
Longevity:
40%
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 14:35

Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

Every little bit helps

1. If a Documentary can put her in danger
  2. A Docmentary can help her

No doubt that the second doesn't have the backing of a major organisation like the BBC.

We have no illusions that Deobandees will NOT help but will be the FIRST to criticise, but we just to make sure that it doesn’t demoralise the team because it is expected behavior and it is what is happening in the country for 40 years.

To the extent that Deobandee Mashaykh who coined this phrase “Salafi” are forwarding articles published on www.islam21c.com which is run under the guidance of Dr Haitham Al-Haddad (not a Halafi but a clear Salafi) ...but will do nothing but criticise and demoralise.

We can get demoralised or do what is within our capability.

Such is life.

Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

Watch and find out.... :P

No post ratings
Asaaghir
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 14:44
It's cool brother, I'm just honestly playing devils advocate :(

Just hope you cover it fully with no stone unturned and give us a fixed identity. as for now, I'm a lone label of the DeoBrandi
Like x 1
Moonlight
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 15:16
I am a Muslim : )

...and no the media don't care what muslims have to say, regardless of whichever background, ethnicity, gender, status, or country you may be from. nobody cares!

so put your effort where you can make a difference, to real lives and real people.

media is already under control, don't get fooled by it, don't give it the time it does not deserve.

motto: if you don't like it, don't watch, listen or read it. don't give it the time and energy it doesn't deserve.
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
Like x 1
Agree x 1
Disagree x 2
Optimistic x 1
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2016 05:05
(1) Be factual.
(2) Include the entire spectrum of issues they are facing, leaving out no issue, no failing, no mistake.
(3) End the discussion on every issue on an optimistic note.
(4) Do not forget to include even the smallest positive development.
No post ratings
kanzoorbhai
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2016 11:39
Allahu a'lam how much use it will be. aside from being an interesting project.

Who do you want watching this documentary? And how will you get them to watch it? people are too dumb nowadays to watch a full documentary unless it some catchy music, interesting stories and pretty women.
and a documentary on 'deobandis' is extremely general...
is the documentary going to be about how the deobandi maslak originated and spread? that itself will be a long doc and won't be of much interest to most people. and documentaries and tv programs on darul uloom deoband have been already.
will it be about deobandis in the uk and the west? what about them? what image are you going to portray of deobandis? if it's going to be positive one (by nonmuslim standards) then it won't be an honest one. for example, are you going to mention that most deobandis love jihad and the afg taliban?
is this for PR or for educational purposes?
who is the doc going to be focused on mostly? laymen or ulama? on the madaris and masajid or on the streets and homes?
also, what's your definition of a deobandi? and are you a deobandi?

these are just some of the questions running through my mind. you don't have to answer them.
Like x 1
Abdullah1
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2016 14:28
Brothers!
He doesn't need to say anything regarding taliban etc. He is trying to use documentary as a tool to cater issues being faced by deobandis especially in UK, so it's excellent idea. No need to explicitly touch each and every thing. The shorter the documentary the better. Once it's successful, it will open many doors inshAllah.
No post ratings
Back to top Post New Topic