Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Documentary on Deobandees

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2016 19:36

kanzoorbhai wrote:
View original post

What is a Deobandi? You tell me from primary sources and I shall be grateful.

For 20+ years whenever I do something which praises Hazrats, I am the biggest Deobandi, whenever I say something about improvement I am Dajjal so you tell me...

IF I say on this forum I am Bay't to Hazrat (Maulana) Yusuf Motala (DB) and working under his advice, my words will be taken as Wahi

IF I say I am not Bay't to anyone, my same words will be ripped apart and discarded as "deranged opinions"

etc etc etc

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2016 20:08
a muslim who follows one of the established schools of fiqh and aqeedah, respects pious sufis if not actually part of a tareeqah himself, tries to avoid bid'ah and doubtful matters, places great emphasis on obeying shariah and following sunnah, tries to make effort in propagating deen.

maybe...honestly, i can't clearly define what a deobandi is. and what's an example of a primary source?
that's really why i wanted to ask you. you're doing a documentary on deobandis, so i wanted to kno how you define deobandis.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2016 08:01

kanzoorbhai wrote:
View original post

Where does your definition come from?

No post ratings
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2016 09:42
Quote:
IF I say on this forum I am Bay't to Hazrat (Maulana) Yusuf Motala (DB) and working under his advice, my words will be taken as Wahi[/quote]
The Deobandees :(

[quote]IF I say I am not Bay't to anyone, my same words will be ripped apart and discarded as "deranged opinions"
The Deobandees :(

You can't win or lose with the Deobandees, it always a draw/loss
There is a major clash and the answer is for the bigshots to wake up and set the record straight, fish out their chamcha's and have an authorized spokes person for each one. They also need to stop seeking Hazratship if they are - typical hey :(
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2016 10:27
Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

Sure Lackadaisical, and Lethargic attitude of some institues and indviduals, maybe puzzling...But this recent trend to afflict the ummah of criticising criticising and even more criticism, topped of with spoonfuls of mockery and sprinkles of sarcasm is baffling.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2016 10:50
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

i think its just a natural response to the other extreme, if u get one extreme in any field its only natural you will get an equally extreme doing the complete opposite. for those who know me when i was in my teens i used to sing the praises of deos from the rooftops and saw them as best thing since sliced bread ( like most people do on this forum) but over the last few years iv become disillusioned and distanced by their stances,views,actions and just general lack of touch with the real world. if i had to compare them to someone i would say they are like MPs. might be smart and academic but boy they aint got a clue what the average person on the ground is thinking,feeling or suffering.

as for this documentary why not just make a generic one about islam and muslims in general? average joe on the road dotn care or know what deo is but they all know islam and all think its some evil backward violent religion. perhaps u could invite scholars from diff groups too? u can try involved people from iera they do very good work mashAllah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2016 10:55
View original post

salaam

its not baffling. our ulama till now have been having a laugh with their holier than thou attitude and remaining just on the edge of reachable to the general public. expecting special privilege and being treated like royalty or celebrities.

in my tabligh days my dream was to join the elite tablighi elders in jamaat so i can observe them and learn from them. when i had my chance i found out it was more like a holiday camp with endless food and people serving you. the most the jamaat did was ghust before bayaan and the bayaan itself.

when i needed guidance from ulama regarding an issue that occurred between my wife and her then shaikh (deobandi alim) i came across a brick wall and completely ignored even though i attempted to talk to his ustaads multiple times. thats when i realised that they protect their own.

in my stint as a sufi i was absolutely APPALLED at the reality of the sufi shaikhs and their mureeds. i genuinely found more sincerity, honesty,and good manners in the people i knew from the streets. we were even ordered by a certain deobandi alim shaikh to beat up some of his rivals!

the jihadi deobandi ulama had me committed to death row upon a lie! enough said lol.

i am not saying all are bad, but i can only go by my experiences and there were hardly any good ones when i managed to look behind the cracks at the reality.

now we have internet speakers who are more down to earth and on the same level as the people. its no wonder people are leaving with a bad taste in their mouth.
+3 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2016 11:08
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

There is nothing positive about the Deobandis? There are no Deobandi ulemah or elders that have had any sort of positive impact in the U.K.? There are no Shayookh who have had any positive impact? and Zero positive impact from Tablighi Jamaat?

Or has the focal point of the criticisers been centered around criticism and looking for reasons to criticise?

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2016 13:45
In all this fiasco and the comments coming from those who have experienced different types of negatives - I think I can take a wild guess that these are Ulama that have been imported into the UK rather than from British born and bread (or raised in the the UK), otherwise, the Ulama from here are doing a great job in my limited experience and knowledge.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2016 16:12
slightly off topic i couldnt be asked to make a new thread. yesterday on bbc mayoral debate the fat racist pig andrew neil who is a well known islamaphobe defamed shaykh Suliman Gani by stating he is a support of ISIS. alhamdulllah he has taken to twitter to highlight this and not sweep it under the carpet like others do. this is definitely a case for us to complain to bbc about. they cant argue about being impartial or anything they have no defence. i really do hope shaykh sues bbc.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2016 17:43
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

Done.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2016 20:46
View original post

Could you please post your complaint so others can copy or amend and send it
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2016 22:01
i sent one too. just say u want to take up issue with what andrew neil said. put it under false information section. say he accused a scholar of supportin ISIS who openly has condemned them and that andrew should apologies and be suspended
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2016 22:02
For those who are interested, the first paragraph should be sufficient, to register a complaint. Should not take much more then five minutes. The BBC has researchers who help formulate these questions for the presenters, The researchers instead of checking the veracity of the information have simply googled and taken what has been written on pro-Zionist websites, and the Pro-Israel newspapers I think the Shaykh is being targeted for speaking out against Israeli atrocities indeed virtually every single Charity that provides Aid to Palestinians are also being targeted. The remarks are libelous like to see how the BBC wiggles out of this one.Hopefully the Shaykh gets a Letter formulated by a Solicitor.

Rajab wrote:
View original post

The Presenter Andrew Neill in his questioning of Sadiq Khan, made the completely baseless, offensive and defamatory statement that Sulaiman Ghani was a supporter of ISIS..Infact to the contrary Mr:Ghani has been an outspoken critic of ISIS, and is known for both his community and interfaith work. The Remarks by Mr Neill, were defamatory, and slanderous and a clear violation of BBC'S own Producers Guidelines.
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2016 10:03
I was thinking of calming this thread down on a positive with a little joke, but it looks like my idea already exists. I was hoping the documentary would be positive and we could all wear bespoke T-Shirts [unfortunately, this link has got a cross on it, but it can be changed like I've done below :)]

"Keep Calm, I'm a Deobandi"

Personally though, I won't be wearing one :( because the message should really be a positive one on being a Muslim
Keep Calm.PNG
Downloads: 447
    [135.79 kB]
+1 -0Creative x 1