Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Documentary on Deobandees

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2016 14:49

AA,

I have been planning on doing a documentary on Deobandees for sometime. I have been working on my script so please suggest your ideas.

I want to keep my ideas secret and hear what you have to say, Insha'Allah.

1. Tell me an issue or an organisation or a Scholar who should be approached
  2. I desperately want some Sisters who want to speak in front of the Camera...London786 has recommended Sister Fatima Barkatullah

I have to keep my cards secret :P

BUT you will hear some very good people, Insha'Allah

report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2016 14:53
Can any of the Sisters please PM this thread to Khala Ummi Talib as I most certainly want to hear from her on this issue.

Jzk
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2016 15:43

Twitter Suggestions:

1. Get Sister Fatima Barkatullah
  2. Say that Deobandees are nothing but followers of Normative Islam, not a sect or a cult
  3. Get Mufti Mangera to give a balanced and fair opinion on shortcomings and suggestions
  4. Get Barbara Metclaf to give an Interview from USA
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2016 17:35
Who is the main target audience Muslims non-muslims or is it both?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2016 18:22
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Both.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2016 20:43
I suggest also including some positive contributions from the Deobandi community such as As Suffa Homeless Outreach (There are many videos available as well as documentaries of their work on their Youtube Channel) as well as the work done by the Al Imdaad foundation during the recent flooding crisis (I personally know of many Darul Uloom graduates who personally went their to help) i suggest also some contribution from UWT for the work they do locally and around the world. I understand that not all of these can be termed as "Deobandi Organisations", however, that is the whole point! Deobandi is not a sect (As the BBC attempt to portray) but rather a tradition of our learning and these organisations have those that have studied in that tradition.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2016 20:53

Abu Umamah wrote:
View original post

Exactly my plan.

Jzk for reinforcing what Allah (SWT) put in my heart.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2016 23:42
Masha Allah a very noble thought.
jamiat e ulema I hind-their work done in political and social circles in Indian sub continent can be reviewed and taken note of for the documentary
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2016 23:50
+1 -0
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 12:37
So Deoband is something like Oxford and not a belief system in itself, but branch of Sunni Islam.

Although, like Oxford, there are branches. You will most surely get branches in religion too, but when it comes to the branch Deoband, then why so many differences when in actual fact, they should ALL be on the same belief. Let me give you an example of firstly UK Deobandi's and then non UK Deobandi's

* UK Deobandi's have 2 days for Eid due to Moon sighting, no sign of unity. * No unity in the starting time of prayers causing conflict up and down the country, * no sense of direction with regards to Halal and doubtful food, you have HMC on one side, then you have other Deobandi's who give Fatwa's on the contrary like Mufti Barakatullah who is/was pro mechanical slaughter and vouched for HFA. * Then there is the Deobandi issue of the London MEGA Mosque, Tablighi London Deobandi's are all for it and non Tablighi Deobandi's and non Deobandi Muslims oppose it in fact even the late Amir of Tabligh opposed it. * Deobandi Scholars who oppose celebrating Christmas and those right on top of em all wishing others a Merry Christmas lololol.

Non UK Deobandi's like Taliban (Afghan), Darul Ifta Nazimabad, Mufti Rasheed Ludhyanvi, Ml Masood Azhar and so on, all these Jihadi heros, Tablighi Jamaat Deobandi's who oppose Jihad galore :)

There's major flaws in this school of Deoband. I wouldn't say they are different branches, I would say there is no unity.

And to end on a light humor, we have Mufti Abdur Raheem Limbada, an excellent scholar who is well versed in knowledge but must always remain politically correct as opposed to another scholar from accross the pond, Mufti A.S Desai! Need I say more ;) Then you get Doebandi's and non Deobandi's who make a laughing stock out of both of them in their various Q&A's, one for low quality and the other for high quality bad language!!!!! But both respected and loved for sake of Allah :)

So which type of Deobandi will this documentary be based upon? and what type of Deobandees are we supposed to be?
+3 -0Winner x 3
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 13:39

Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

I am a simple Muslim with no Government backing, no Mureed, don't have 3 wives half my age, my Mureeds don't pay for my House or my Car...So I can:

1. Go on a life-long quest to try to resolve these issues which you have discussed
  2. Do my best with my individual money and time for the Ummah of Sayyidina Rasul-ullah (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam).

I choose to do 2 because I need to do something for the Ummah and RIGHT NOW!

+3 -0Winner x 2Creative x 1
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 13:41
Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

I hope it doesn't come to "Brother, we are 'Moderate Deobandees'"

Because my neighbour is a Pakistani and his wife wears a skirt covering her knees halfway down to her shin and when its discussed, the response is.....Yes you got it in one go...."Brother, She is a 'Moderate Muslim'" So my response is... Acchaaa, Moderate ka matlab 'Besharam'....whack, boom, baf
No post ratings
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 13:47
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Ah, posted while typing......

But wait! Surely you must tackle these issues at hand. Today a Deobandi doesn't even which Deobandi he is lol.

The way I see it, there will be a clash of the titans and everyone will end up becoming a Halafi!

Are we the breakaway Branch of Deoband?

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 13:52

Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

All those who are working with me are not perfect so there will no doubt be mistakes. There is no such thing as "Moderate or Hardcore" Islam...There is only Islam which was taught by by Nabi (Sallalaho Alaihe Wassallam).

We have 3 million Muslims in this country and most don't really care about these issues (which are diagreements of Ulama and soemtimes egos)

Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

There is also no such thing as "Halafi" in Islam or common sense.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2016 13:58
Knock knock..
Who's there?
Halafi..
Halafi who?
The same Halafi you talked about once upon a time and now you say there in no such thing, Halafi.
No post ratings