Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Heart Touching Letters of Shaykh-ul-Hadith about Zikr, Islah, Elders.

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 26th January 2016 06:38

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Bismillah was-Salatu was-Salamu alaa Rasulillah.

These are some really heart-touching letters of Maulana Zakariya Kandhlawi, Mufti Shafi Uthmani and Allamah Syed Yusuf Binnori (rahmatullahi alayhim). They touch on the importance of khanqahi zikr and the lack of islah nowadays. The Akabireen of old are mentioned and memories are reminisced. The current Shaykhain of DU Karachi are discussed. These letters are full of love, concern and humility and the translation is well-done, may Allah bless all these Ulama. ameen.

www.deoband.org/2009/06/tasawwuf/dhikr/gatherings-of-dhik...

"The daily increase in fitnah in madrasahs is something that causes one great distress. I feel it is only through the plentiful dhikr of Allah that the madrasahs can be protected from fitnah. When there is none to take the name of Allah, then the world will come to an end. When the pure name of Allah Almighty has so much power that on its account the entire world exists then the poor madrasahs, in comparison to the entire world, is not even like a drop in the sea. The connection that the pure name of Allah Most High has in these madrasahs continuing to exist and remaining safe is clear. The huge number of people of nisbah and dhakirin, who remained in all of the madrasahs during the time of our Akabir, is a fact that is not hidden from you. It is now clear how dhikr has diminished in them."

"This lowly one has, from childhood, yearned to listen and read my Akabir’s stories. Perhaps I have written before that as Ashraf al-Sawanih, Asir-e-Malta, Mawlana Miyan’s Hayat-e-Shaykh al-Hind were published I would read them each in a single night. When I was healthy and young, remaining awake the entire night was easy"

"It is my view — and this is with great vigour — that those who have seen the Akabir or remained in their company should, as much as they can, present the Akabir’s life — like a text — to coming generations who have been deprived from their sight so that in the least they may remain familiar with that environment...Whatever has been learned from the elders should, whether there is relevance or not, be presented — in written or spoken form — to those that come after."

"One particular illness in maulwis is that — due to a sense of arrogance caused by their knowledge — they have little reverence for anyone who is not greater than them. With regards to this, tell these young ones that Rashid and Qasim pledged bay‘ah to Haji Imdad Allah (may Allah have mercy on them), and that when people objected individually they answered according to their statuses. Mawlana Gangohi answered, “We had more knowledge. However, the fire that existed in Haji Imdad Allah did not exist in us.” Mawlana Nanotwi replied, “He is not an ‘alim, rather he is a maker of ‘alims.”"

report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2Ameen x 1