Create an account
Most Reputable Members

Very Sad News Great Speaker Has Passed Away.

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Topic Appreciation
Appreciate
The following members appreciate this topic: Yasin
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 18th December 2015 18:50
Bismillah.

I just found out that the great Dai and Alim, Syed Abdul Majeed Nadeem Shah passed away a few weeks ago,
...Before there was a Maulana Tariq Jamil there was Syed Abdul Majeed Nadeem Shah for those of us who grew up in the United Kingdom in the 1980's he was in a league of his own as a speaker. On his visits to the U.K. people used to travel miles in their droves to hear him speak with tape recorders in hand to record his speeches. His popularity in the 1980's is comparable to that which Maulana Tariq Jameel enjoys Today.

Here is his Tafseer of Surah Fatiha one of my favourite Urdu Bayaans ever. Have a listen Insha'Allah youtu.be/uOWYuSTey0w

The above lecture starts of slow but listen to him motivate his audience and get them pumped up, definitely a speaker to listen to on days one is feeling down.

May Allah accept all his efforts in the service of deen and grant him al firdous ameen.
report post quote code quick quote reply
Like x 1
Ameen x 3
Site Support
Please DONATE generously towards Muftisays

We spend hundreds of hours ensuring you receive a quality service from this site. We do not fall into the advertisement schemes as all the ads contain elements of Haraam including Haraam Islamic links. Please consider setting up a £1 monthly donation. May Allah (swt) reward you.

Abdur Rahman ibn Awf
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 18th December 2015 18:52
Taken from mufti Adams facebook page.

Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam al-Kawthari

3 December at 15:01 ·

I just received the news that the very popular Pakistani scholar of recent times, known for his inspiring talks, Sayyid Abdul Majid Nadeem Shah has passed away today. Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji’un. I grew up listening to his Urdu lectures. He mesmerized and entertained his audiences with his sweet voice and motivational talks – one of the best of recent times in the subcontinent. Looking at some of his YouTube lectures, I could not believe how much he had aged over the years. You can browse his lectures from the 80s to 90s and then after the millennium. It’s like the years just zoom past us in a few video clips, Subhan Allah. May Allah shower him with His mercy, Ameen.
Ameen x 2
Arfatzafar
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 18th December 2015 19:02
Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajioon.
No post ratings
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 19th December 2015 09:05
Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajioon.

Great to know about such a personality even if it is after his passing away.
No post ratings
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 19th December 2015 13:36
Maripat wrote:
View original post

He was one of a Triumvirate of Dynamic and popular speakers of a by gone era whose speeches delivered in a Melodious style could be heard being chimed out from audio cassette players, in shops and restaurants in the Bazaars of Islamabad , Lahore and many other cities across Pakistan.

The other two being Qari Muhammad Hanif Multani (rah) and Qari Abdul Hai Aabid (rah).... May Allah have mercy upon them.

One starts to feel very old when the people you grew up listening to, start passing away....Also strange how people quickly forget and move on....!

No post ratings
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2015 03:33
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Jazakallah ya akhi for the background.
I understand the feeling you are talking about.
Before Maulana Tariq Jameel Sahab and Pir Zulfiqar Sahab DB came on the scene I knew only of Maualana Palan Haqqani - the melodious style.
And one certainly gets that nostalgic feeling when the people simply move on.
Well so be it.
We can see that things are moving on. This should give us confidence.
The confidence that we desperately need in these times when the communities of the world are inviting each other to feast upon us and when having faith has become like holding a piece of burning coal in our palm.

As I said in another post here - this is the best time to be a Muslim.
Let us make the best of it.

No post ratings
Back to top Post New Topic