Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Photography

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 25th November 2015 09:48
By Hadhrat Mufti Sa'eed Ahmad Paalanpuri (Shaikhul Hadith at Daarul 'Uloom Deoband)
“Have mercy on the Deen! Do not destroy the masses!

Hadhrat Maulana Shaykh Hakeem Fadhlul-Kareem Al -Hussainee, Mufti A'zam Madani of Daarul Iftaa, Assam, enquired from Hadhrat Mufti Sa'eed Ahmad Paalanpuri about the ruling regarding the permissibility & impermissibility of photography, due to its widespread indulgence nowadays.

Hadhrat Mufti Sa'eed Ahmad Paalanpuri issued the following Fatwa in response:

Bismillaahir-RahmaanirRaheem
Revered & Respected Brother! May your piety increase. Assalaamu'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh.
You have enquired regarding photography, whether it is permissible or impermissible? And if it is impermissible then why is the actions of seniors contradictory to it ?
Generally in the gatherings & conferences well known personalities get their photos taken without the slightest hesitation. Moreover some well known personalities have now started to appear on television too.
Regarding this issue, the unanimous ruling of all the Muftis of South Asia (India, Pakistan and Bangladesh) is: “Camera photos are also haraam. The prohibitions sounded in the Saheeh Hadeeth for pictures are equally applicable to these photos. Some 'Ulama of Egypt and 'Arabia have differed on this. But the 'Ulama of South Asia have no difference of opinion regarding this matter whatsoever, i.e. they all unanimously agree that whether the pictures are digital, nondigital or hand-made, all pictures of living beings are haraam.”
However, the seniors of the Ummah practically flout the verdict of their Muftis. There no longer exists aversion for the camera photos in their minds. This is a big tragedy. I often say to the Akaabireen that if the ruling has changed & the camera photos have become permissible than ask all the Daarul Iftaa's to issue the ruling of its permissibility first. Thereafter may they have photos taken. The present state of affairs is in fact a mockery of Deen.
Common people say: ‘Look ! Muftis issue the Fatwaa (of prohibition) while the Hadhrats who have their photos taken in gatherings act in conflict. If importance and significance concerning even one Deeni matter is eliminated from the hearts of the masses, then all the other Deeni matters will suffer the same fate.
Moreover some businessmen without thinking of the consequences have started selling photos of the seniors. Now the photos of Hadhrat Thanwi, Hadhrat Madani, Maulana Zafar 'Uthmaani and many more other Buzurgs are being flagrantly sold. What will be the result of this ? Everyone can understand this. It is my request to the seniors, for the sake of ALLAAH have mercy on the Deen. If you don't have any value left in your hearts for Deen then at least please do not destroy the masses.”
report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 25th November 2015 10:15
Is it possible to stay away from photography, when even a small kid is carrying a high resolution camera in his mobile?

Those who are strictly against it, even they can't stay safe from it. Like Peer Zulfiqar sahb and Mol Saad Sahb.

Even I saw a video bayan of Hadhrat Sheikhul Hadees Palanpuri db.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 25th November 2015 11:19
Abdullah1 wrote:
View original post

If a child is carrying a Camera and you get photographed against your will, there is not much to be perturbed about! There is no Islamic or Moral responsibility on you at all.

You can be concerned about the General lack of Sunnah in society and you should be...

If you disagree, please correct me.
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 25th November 2015 11:28
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

You are right.
jzk

Technically speaking, Mufti Taqi Sahb seems to be on the stronger side in this issue.
Allah knows best.
No post ratings
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 25th November 2015 23:16
Abdullah1 wrote:
View original post

I honestly wonder how you've come to this conclusion. In English, this book by Mufti Emraan Vawda of South Africa deals with the issue quite nicely in an academic manner. This book in Urdu by Mufti Ahmad Mumtaz of Pakistan is also available.

Edit: I just realized that I already posted these in this post previously.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 26th November 2015 06:37
samah wrote:
View original post

I have read the book by Mufti Ahmed Mumtaz sahb db.

I will write something (inshAllah) on what I have understood and the reason why I think that Mufti Taqi Sahb is on the stronger side.

At the moment, I am too busy. I will write something later inshAllah.
No post ratings