Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Working in TIENS - Halaal or Haraam?

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2015 20:44
About a month ago, I was invited by a friend to attend a presentation by a Chinese company named Tiens. I agreed to attend that because the friend told me that the company works in three basic fields, and one of them was education. I thought that if that department of education is related to my field, I may join the company.
I attended the presentation. The guy who was giving presentation, didn't seem to be well educated. He was fluent in his speech but his accent forced me to think the other way. But I just tried to ignore that feeling and thinking and said to myself that only the way of speaking doesn't make one unqualified. The guy then talked about the ways of making money and divided them into four categories, and highlighted one of them as being the best in which one makes a system and that system gives him money even when he isn't working. He then said that in this company we tell you about making such system. The guy then told briefly about the company. What I realized was that he never talked about what an employee is going to do, i.e. what will be his job. Anyways, he kept on showing green pastures and the presentation ended and I was still wondering that what actually this company does.
After presentation, we went out of that room and were instructed to sit with the company guys, to share our views about the presentation and get further guidance. While sharing views, I said that the motivation was good but there was nothing about the job of employees. The reply was that I needed to get registered for the training program for 1000 rupees (I think it was 1000, not sure), and the actual job will be explained in that training.
In the end I just refused to join for even the training, as after seeing presentation and the company members, the work didn't seem transparent to me.
A few days back, while I was searching internet, I came across the fatawa against tiens. At that moment, I just thanked Allah JJ that He saved me from joining this company. As most of the people who join the company, are not aware about the shari' status of this company, I thought of sharing this fatwa here. There are some other fatawa also, but for a person who follows ulama, this is enough. Those who follow hawa, even a million fatawa aren't enough for them.

Click Here For Original Urdu Fatwa.

Following is an attempt to translate it into English:

Question:

Assalamu Alaikum!
Respected! My question is of such a nature that it may not be possible to write it briefly. For this I apologize because my question will be quite long. But I will still try to shorten it.
Respected! my question is that there is a Chinese company, with the name Tiens and it is registered in about 120 countries. This complany sales its different products. The role of this company is such that, (if I want to join the company) I will have to register myself in this company. After registration, I will be given the registeration code. Then I will buy products from the company and when the cost of what I purchased will reach 35000 Rs, then I'll become 3 star (It is a rank given by company. It starts from 1 star and ends at 8 star. On 8 star, the company gives a car as a gift to that person.) Then I will have to register 3 new employees/members on my registration code. When these 3 new members will reach 3 star, I'll become 4 star, and I'll recieve the profit from the products they have purchased and when these 3 employees will regiser 3-3 people more in this company and they will become 3 star then I'll become 5 star. In this way people will keep on increasing and my grade will also and I'll keep on recieving their profits. It means that suppose I am 5 star and 3 people have become 4 star on my basis, and when these three four stars will again register three three people, and when they will buy products, then their profit will be recieved by those 4 stars and also me 5 star. And the guy on whose code I am registered, will also recieve the profit, it means that 6 star will also receive that. Now it is upto me that whether I register more people on my code or not. But as the number of people on my code will keep on increasing, I will keep on receiving their profits.Respected! It should be kept in mind that the profit is fixed in percentage.
Respected! Please ponder a bit on that as money is kept in saving account, and then profit i.e. interest is paid to it on monthly basis and in this way the interest keeps on increasing. Similarly after the buying of products of 35000Rs and registering of 3 people on ones code, the profit starts coming and then as the people start increasing, the profit also keeps increasing. It means that profit is directly proportional to the increase in no. of people. Respected Mufti Sahb, now tell me that the profit given by tiens like this is interest or not? The profit given by Tiens like this is halaal or haraam?

Fatwa:

In the mentioned China company, according to the method that you have written, it is impermissible to register and then make money by working in it. Firstly, the making of members according to the desire of company is not in your hands. If you make members on the hope that if you get three members, then in the future you will receive progress on progress and if you fail to make members you will not receive progress. And to take the benefit of others' "member making" is against the rules of shariah. The person who makes members, is only eligible to take the benefit, others aren't. Due to these reasons, it is impermissible for Muslims to take part in this company. Muslims should adopt some other permissible and halaal way of making money.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 13th October 2015 10:17
Abdullah1 wrote:
View original post

salaam

who is this fatwa by please?

the reason i am asking is that some ulama, including at least one senior alim that i know of is involved in a similar scheme in the uk. here they are known as mlm (multi level marketing) or sometimes as pyramid schemes. i think pyramid schemes are outright banned in the uk so companies get around this by re-branding as mlm schemes.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 13th October 2015 10:19
Since you mentioned Mufti and MLM - I miss read Multi Level Marketing as MUFTI LEVEL MARKETING (No wonder at least one senior Alim would be involved)

:)
+1 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 13th October 2015 10:28
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

wa alaikumusslaam w w
This one is by darulifta-deoband. I have shared the actual pdf in the op.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 13th October 2015 10:29
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

lol
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2020 06:29
Abdullah1 wrote:
View original post

PDF fatwa link is not active. Please check

No post ratings
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2020 06:46
meethumairah wrote:
View original post

Sister, I was unable to find that particular fatwa as I can't read Urdu.
You may be able to locate it in Urdu on this site.
https://darulifta-deoband.com/home

It wasn't available on the English portion of the site.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2020 09:09

In Need of Teaching wrote:
View original post

I cannot find this Fatwa in English or Urdu

+1 -0