Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, bint e aisha
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 24th September 2015 01:47
Salaamualaikom,

Recently I've been seeing brothers on social media posting pictures with their wives for the whole world to see. I don't understand how someone will not feel any gheerah when strange men look at their wives. My gheerah flares up for them when I see them posting these kind of things.

Why don't 'Ulama speak more on this topic? I can hardly find any information online about ghayrah.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+8 -0Like x 8Agree x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 24th September 2015 05:29
what about photogenic ulemas?
in the name of dawah and promoting islam, some ulemas even have their pics clicked with gair mahrams. having their lectures video recorded even inside masjids ! Publishing their pics on social medias.

What about people who click pics of the ulemas and their shaikhs even when the alim in question is totally against it.

I feel very let down by people who defend such shenanigans.
+4 -0Like x 3Agree x 5Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 24th September 2015 19:13
Abdullah1234 wrote:
View original post

Would it be possible for some of the knowledgeable members of this forum, in collaboration with the Ulema, to set up a website specifically devoted to this topic?

This website could then be marketed to the intended audience.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 24th September 2015 20:05
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 20th June 2017 22:26

Hadhrat Moulana Husain Ahmad Madani (RA) lived in the house of his ustaadh, Sheikhul Hind (RA), when he was a young boy.

Being a minor, purdah [hijab] was not observed between him and the wife of his ustaadh.

When Hadhrat Sheikhul Hind (RA) returned from Maalta, his wife was overjoyed to hear that Hadhrat Moulana Madani (RA) had taken care of and served her husband in prison.

She requested to meet him so that she could pass her hand over his head in appreciation for what he had done.

When she put forward this request to Hadhrat Sheikhul Hind (RA), he broke down in tears and said, “I also wish that you could express your feelings to him in this way. I guarantee you that if we had our own son he would not have served me as Moulana Husain Ahmad has done. But the Shari’ah has not permitted him to come in front of you.”

Source: Hadhrat Mufti Mahmood Hasan Gangohi (Rahmatullahi Alayh) – His life and works, pp. 11 – 12

* Due to the rulings of Hijab, Shaykh al-Hind (RA) didn’t even allow his wife to see Shaykh al-Islam (RA) – who was a person beyond reproach.

* Those who cherish the Akabireen of Deoband should reflect on this. If we cannot control our womenfolk, we ourselves do not have to post pictures and videos of them on social media for the whole world to see.

* There are learned sisters on social media sporting themselves wearing various niqab, headscarf, and abaya fashions – with their husbands explicit approval of this advertisement. Logic: If you’re attracted to your wife, I guarantee you that other men are too.

* There are plenty of people with foot, eye, and hand fetishes as well. Shaykh Google can show you. Do not grant open access for someone to have illicit fantasies about your womenfolk. The bottom line here is: What are you doing? Are you being responsible according to those you claim to follow?

* It is extremely demoralizing to see that many of the learned – who claim to be inheritors of Shaykh al-Hind (RA) – are now using women for marketing purposes on social media. They will never be able to restrain ghair-mahram men from exposure to the women they use – and they are responsible for this mass exposure and its consequences.
+4 -0Like x 3Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 4th July 2017 07:48
Source: http://hadithanswers.com/an-amazing-incident-of-possessiveness-and-self-honour/

AN AMAZING INCIDENT OF POSSESSIVENESS AND SELF HONOUR

Question

Could you mention the source of this incident?

On one occasion a lady made a claim of five hundred gold coins against her husband in the court of Judge Musa ibn Ishaq, which the husband denied. The wife’s lawyer proved the claim by producing witnesses. However one of the witnesses insisted that he has to see her face (which was veiled) in order to give witness in her favour. Therefore he stood up to see her face and she stood up as well.

Witnessing this, the husband’s self honour and dignity drove him to exclaim: ‘Why should a strange man’s eyes be allowed to gaze at my wife? I personally confess in the presence of the judge that I do owe my wife five hundred gold coins as her dowry, but I will never allow my wife to reveal her face to a strange man.’ Hearing this self honour and dignity of her husband, the wife replied that I make those present as witness that I have gifted the entire amount to my husband.

The judge Musa ibn Ishaq exclaimed that this should be included among the incidents of exemplary character.

Answer

Imam Bayhaqi (rahimahullah) has recorded this incident with a reliable chain of narrators.

(Shu’abul Iman, Hadith: 10313)

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best.

Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala

Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2017 16:07
he tried to do his wife over for 500 gold coins???
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2017 16:49
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Yes and then his Ghayrah over powered his greed.

Unlike today were often a persons Greed over powers the Ghayrah, or rather we have become so desensitised by our environment that our ghayrah concerning these issues is non existent.

+2 -0Like x 2Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2017 17:10
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

where was his ghayrah when he tried to rob his wife lol!
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2017 17:34
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

I suppose you could say that about all of us when we sin...Where was the ghayrah.

+4 -0Like x 2Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2017 17:53
View original post

yeah true, but you cant say about everyone that they tried to rob 500 gold coins from their wife.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2017 18:04
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

True but you cant say about everyone that they would be given the tawfiq to sacrifice 500 gold coins in a family dispute with their wife.

Whoever this bloke was he passed away centuries ago and ALLAH forgive him and forgive us bestow mercy upon him and bestow mercy upon us.

The fact is Imam Al Bayhaqi considered this story important enough to include this in his work "The 77 Branches Of Faith"

I believe the term Ghayrah has been used in the following context....and is a branch of imaan we are fast losing, ALLAH guide us.

Protective Jealousy (Ghirah)

Definition of Ghirah: This arabic word covers a wide meaning – self-respect, jealousy (as regards women) and it is a feeling of fury with great anger when one's honour and prestige is challenged or injured.

In Sahih Bukhari, Book 62, (Chapter on Nikah), Chapter 30 it says:

CHAPTER 30: The Ghira (i.e., honour, prestige or self-respect)

[Sa'd ibn ubaada said: "If i saw a man with my wife I would strike him with the sharp edge of the sword." The prophet (SAW) said (to his companions); "Are you ashtonished by Sa'd's (Ghira) sense of honour? (By Allaah) I have a greater sense of Ghira than he has, and Allaah has still more greater sense of Ghira than I have."]

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Masud:

The Prophet, said, "There is none having a greater sense of Ghira than Allah. And for that He has forbidden the doing of evil actions (illegal sexual intercourse etc.) There is none who likes to be praised more than Allah does." [B150]

Narrated Asma' bint Abu Bakr:

When Az-Zubair married me, he had no real property or any slave or anything else except a camel which drew water from the well, and his horse. I used to feed his horse with fodder and drew water and sew the bucket for drawing it, and prepare the dough, but I did not know how to bake bread. So our Ansari neighbors used to bake bread for me, and they were honorable ladies. I used to carry the date stones on my head from Zubair's land given to him by Allah's Apostle and this land was two third Farsakh (about two miles) from my house. One day, while I was coming with the date stones on my head, I met Allah's Apostle along with some Ansari people. He called me and then, (directing his camel to kneel down) said, "Ikh! Ikh!" so as to make me ride behind him (on his camel). I felt shy to travel with the men and remembered Az-Zubair and his sense of Ghira, as he was one of those people who had the greatest sense of Ghira. Allah's Apostle noticed that I felt shy, so he proceeded. I came to Az-Zubair and said, "I met Allah's Apostle while I was carrying a load of date stones on my head, and he had some companions with him. He made his camel kneel down so that I might ride, but I felt shy in his presence and remembered your sense of Ghira (See the glossary)." On that Az-Zubair said, "By Allah, your carrying the date stones (and you being seen by the Prophet in such a state) is more shameful to me than your riding with him." (I continued serving in this way) till Abu Bakr sent me a servant to look after the horse, whereupon I felt as if he had set me free. [B151]

Narrated Jabir:

The Prophet, said, "I entered Paradise and saw a palace and asked whose palace is this? They (the Angels) said, "This palace belongs to 'Umar bin Al-Khattab.' I intended to enter it, and nothing stopped me except my knowledge about your sense of Ghira (self-respect (O Umar)." 'Umar said, "O Allah's Apostle! Let my father and mother be sacrificed for you! O Allah's Prophet! How dare I think of my Ghira (self-respect) being offended by you?" [B153]

CHAPTER 31: The jealousy of women and their anger

Narrated Anas:

While the Prophet was in the house of one of his wives, one of the mothers of the believers sent a meal in a dish. The wife at whose house the Prophet was, struck the hand of the servant, causing the dish to fall and break. The Prophet gathered the broken pieces of the dish and then started collecting on them the food which had been in the dish and said, "Your mother (my wife) felt jealous." Then he detained the servant till a (sound) dish was brought from the wife at whose house he was. He gave the sound dish to the wife whose dish had been broken and kept the broken one at the house where it had been broken. [B152]

+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2017 18:40
View original post

Quote:

True but you cant say about everyone that they would be given the tawfiq to sacrifice 500 gold coins in a family dispute with their wife.

but you CAN say about most people that they haven't tried to rob their wife, especially out of such a large sum as 500 gold coins.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2017 18:42
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

And?

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2017 18:42
i think that's about 50 grand in today's money!
No post ratings