Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Managing Parents and Wife

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 15th September 2015 11:36
Dear,

I married around 10 months ago. The marriage was of my own choice. After my marriage, the relationship between me and my mother has gotten progressively worse. I love my parents with all of my heart, and would do anything to please them. Every month i give at least half of my salary to my parents to help them out. Every time i mention my wife, or help her in any ways it sets my mother off into a terrible mood swing where says whatever comes to her mind. A small example is where i gave our maid some money to wash my clothes. My mother got extremely angry and my father asked me to leave the house. My firstborn is to be born in October, and i decided to get our marriage room decorated. This displeased my mother so much so, that me and my wife have not been able to go back home and are staying at her parents house. During, all this time, my wife , although not perfect, HAS made a try to get along with my parents.

I am extremely worried as to what to do. If i move out of the house, i fear my parents will never forgive me, but if i stay there i fear my wife will give up and leave me. Islam preaches kindness to parents, and i still love them for whatever they have done for me. What can i do. Please offer me some guidense.

Kind Regards
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 15th September 2015 12:14
Please post questions such as the ones posed in this topic to the Ulamaa. Or click here for a vast library on islamqa.org. Alternatively, you can get support locating available answers online in the Q&A Support section of this form here
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 15th September 2015 17:03
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 16th September 2015 00:19
Mashaallah brother mateensajjad, you are an inspiration.
Get in touch with local ulama, best option
No post ratings