abu mohammed, dr76, Abu Salma, bint e aisha
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 12th July 2015 10:54
london786 wrote:
View original post

A mere observation,

I think the former day scholars were still better academically and spiritually, reason being if it weren't for their works then we simply wouldn't have the such superb commentaries and other works we have today on Ahadith etc by Deobandi Ulema such as Shaykh Zakariyya Khandlevi rahimullah, its like comparing him to Imam Hajar Asqalani rahimullah and other giants of Ahadith . Plus what era they belonged to will also play a part too, so simply their is no comparison with the predecessors and such a comparison would be unjust and uncalled for.

Another example, It's like saying today that Taleemul Haqq is better than Nur-ul Idah.

Without the former scholars and their expertise there simply wouldn't be today the expertise, the proficiency, the various interprettaions, the understanding that we see. I also think this is where a lot of the new sects made errors too, the brelviyyah and their exaggerations, the salafis and their dryness and total lack of spirituality, the azhari's and their modernistic approach even though the way of the past scholars wasn't like this at all, basically the left the way of the early scholars hence the issues etc. The one's who didn't produced great works after them obviously complimented by the works of the old.

Those who come after them say, "Our Rabb! Forgive us and our brothers who passed before us with Imaan. And do not place any impurity in our hearts against those who have Imaan. O our Rabb! Indeed You are the Most Forgiving, Most Merciful. al-Hashar:10

Allah knows best

report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 13th July 2015 11:13
I would like to say jazakallah khairan to the brothers for correcting me. I myself owe a lot to Imam ghazali rh. I remember from the age of 16-19 I read a lot of his books almost exclusively Imam ghazli’s books. His book kimaya saadat had a profound impact on my thought process. One of my closest shayukh read all of Imam ghazali’s books by the age of 12 and he told me this is how his interest in sulook started. There is no doubt that Imam ghazali was a great man and most likely the mujadid of his time as mentioned by many ulema. Whenever I meet ulema who run madrasahs/darulooms etc I always ask them that they should include ihya ul loom by Imam ghazali rh in the syllabus. I think the Ihya is a neglected book in our circles. I also ask the ulema/mashaikh that they should teach the mathnawi sharif but I think there are very few people who can teach the latter. About the statement very weak in hadith this was not my opinion but of one of the ulema who I had the pleasure of meeting and discussing Imam ghazli with. I agree that the people of this day and age in most areas cannot come close to the the ulema and mashaikh of the earlier periods. However from my limited understanding there are certain individuals who can excel even in this day and age and I used shaykh younis jawnpuri db in the field of hadeeth as an example of a person whose knowledge of hadith can be compared to earlier generations inshallah. The same is true of very recent examples outside the indopak like shaykh uthman dan fodio, shaykh ahmed ibn idris al fasi and imam sanusi who all reached the level of mujtahid mutlaq. Jazakallah khairan to the brothers who corrected me once again and please pray for my guidance
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 13th July 2015 14:01

london786 wrote:
View original post

whose translations of imam ghazali's works were you reading?

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 13th July 2015 14:09
kanzoorbhai wrote:
View original post

All sorts. I had some TJ winters, some indopak and some others. Some of the translations especially indopak were very poor but even with that I could understand what was being said.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Pakistan
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 14th July 2015 09:42
Numerous times in the past Allah Taala have sent a SINGLE scholar with whom things were done for the Ummah which is more than what was achieved by the whole Deoband ulema put together. Eg:Imam Shaafi, Imam Ghazzali, Imam Nawawi etc.

The above statement is a huge blunder.

Instead, it should be the other way around.

There were some of the Ulema of Deoband, who have done much more for the ummah than the whole muqaddimeen put together.

Just look at Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi (RA), a master of tafseer, hadeeth, fiqh, tassawuf, a reviver and mujaddid, over 1300 books!

Look at Maulana Anwar Shah Kashmiri (RA), an absolute genius when it comes to hadeeth.

There are SEVERAL examples. Mufti Kifayatullah (RA), Maulana Hussain Madni (RA), Maulana Rasheed Gangohi (RA), Mufti Shafi (RA), Hazrat Binnori (RA), etc, and in the current day and age, Mufti Taqi Usmani (DB), etc. However, that does not mean, that i am belittling the past scholars. The fuqaha and muhadditheen who passed in the earlier generations were amazing too.
+3 -0Like x 1Agree x 1Disagree x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 14th July 2015 11:34
umar123 wrote:
View original post

What is outrageous: (1) That Deoband is a Tajdid Movement (2) That it is the last such effort before Mehdi (AS)?
About the first part I am completely sure.
Second claim is of course a guess and surmise so I accept only that much responsibility as is possible about future events.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 7th August 2015 16:58
Seifeddine-M wrote:
View original post
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 27th October 2015 04:08
When in trouble a believer digs deeper into his faith.

Muslims world over are in trouble today. They should collectively dig deeper into their faith to solve their problems.

Muslims on India are in a very difficult situation today. I am looking into the Deoband report card because of that.

Deoband is the collective name for the Tajdeed efforts constantly taking place in the history of Islam.

Immediate predecessor of Deoband is Shah Waliullah Muhaddis Dehlavi (RA).

The Scholars of Deoband or Saharnpur make their appearance militarily by sacking the amunition godown of the British at Shamli in 1857 - India first war of independence from the British.

Newly discovered telegraph of British soon informed the main British army at Delhi and our Mujahideen were soon put on the defensive and decimated.

They dispersed outside India and when they returned the British were firmly in place and the Mujahideen had another pressing assignmentat their hands - to save their Deen itself.

After Muslim rule, that was usurped by the British, the next thing in danger was the faith itself.

Ever since Rasoolallah saw the Christian might have been trying to fool the Muslims but were no fools themselves.
They were aware at every moment that real strength of Muslims was their faith and their missionaries were working over time on that angle from day one. In fact even the numerical majority in India was suffieciently emboldened by the falling fortunes of Muslims in India that even their missionary activities had reached Saharanpur in a big way.

It is that task of saving the teachings of islam from oblivion in most difficult times that the scholars of Saharnpur and Deoband accomplished.

Europe had fisrt mercilessly liquidated Muslim empire in Spain. Then the African, Egyptian, Iranian, Ottoman and finally the Mughal as well as the Sultnat-e-Khudadad of Mysore and the Nizam was already their stooge soon. Central Asian lands were usurped by USSR.

From the experience in Spain it was clear to what limits the Christian fanatic could go. In twentieth century the Marxists would show their extreme hatred for the teachings of Islam in Central Asian lands.

If Deoband managed to protect the teachings of Islam in such an adverse environment then we can never thank them enough.

This sinner is repeating these sentiments umpteenth number of time because the intention is to focus upon those issues that were left uncovered in Deoband.

Issues related to social, cultural, scientific, technological, military, political, economic, business, trade, industrial and business interests of Muslims, their security as well as the protection of their values.

If I focus upon them it should not be taken as a critique of Deoband for it is not intended to be that.

The intention is to make an inventory of those matters that bear upon our identity but we simmply could not attend to them during a period of extraordinary turmoil where the western typhoon simply blew away, from the materialistic worldly point of view, the empire of faith build so assiduously by the Propeht (SAW) of God.
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 28th October 2015 06:10
Mighty Simplicity

A believer is simple while a deviant crafty.

This simplicity is a two edged sword.
The crafty people take it for foolishness while reality is far from it.
Simplicity is a state of Tafweedh.
Hence it is the state of 'Abdiyat.
By deciding to be an 'Abd a person has done all that was expected of him.
The detractors, crafty, now must be cautious for now He is already ready to do for the 'Abd most extraordinary things.

A Jewish person used to visit Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani (RA).
One day he asked the Shaikh about the meaning of the Hadith, "Beware of the sagacity of a believer for he sees the things in the Light of God".
Shaikh said, " I think you should recite the Islamic creed and become a Muslim."
The Jewish person agreed and became a Muslim.

The strange thing is that there seems to be a disconnection between the question and the response.
The response by the Shaikh does not look like an answer to the question.
But the Shaikh knew that it was not a question at all - it was a realization of faith already.
Jewish people are inclined towards intellectual bent of mind.
If it dawns upon a Jewish person that sagacity goes with belief then he has hit upon the wealth that he has been looking for through out his life. Thus he was ready to enter the fold of Islam. Shaikh knew all this.
A casual onlooker, of course, will be puzzled.

Deoband is a village. A big one but still a village.
Crafty people are taken in by its simplicity.
This is strange at two levels.
Even worldly people have a dictum : simplicity of a genius.
A genius has simplicity attached to him.
So those who are mesmerized by worldly things should not fall into a trap by mere simplicity of Deoband.
But they do fall into that trap.
How can these villagers know the Asrar, the secret of the universe, when modern development has simply passed Deoband by, they think.
European rennaisance, Bengal rennaisance, Aligarh rennaisance, enlightenment, social evolution, cultural evolution, English education, modern sociology, psychology, economic theories, science, technology, military techniques, missiles, the atomic and hudrogen bombs, nuclear submarine, Nimitz class aircraft carriers, satellites, TV, even computer hacking all have passed them by.
These villagers in Deoband, what they know of the world.
That is what the smatries think.

What has happened to their brains? Have they not heard about the simplicity of the genius. That is a dictum from very worldly philosophy.
The other level we have already mentioned.
Beware of the sagacity of a believer for he looks at the things in the Light of Allah.

So the on-the-move brigade emanating from west, even having a stamp from some modernized university from Hijaz, do not be deceived by the simplicity of Deoband. When Allah uses His power for His slaves from Deoband mightiest worldly powers will not save you from doom.

And a word about your worldly flamboyance. Do you know what this modern world, the same modern society that you are so impressed by, thinks about you? She thinks of you as a mere Mullah. For your info there is a denegration implied there.
And in case you want to point out that she thinks the same of Deoband too then do not forget that Deoband simply does not care about worldly blessings bestowed upon the detractors of Islam.

Start worrying about one thing - is it the case that Allah swt has given you all that He intended to in this world itself keeping nothing for the next? Do not forget that wt has produced bigger scholars of Islam than you. Bernard Lewis is no dummy. So wasn't Gibbs, people like T.E. Lawrence knew enough of Islam and Muslims to inflict deblitating damage on us. Unfortunately you are doing the same to us. Hands off before we take you for what you in reality are - a detractor of the Deen of Allah.
+2 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 28th October 2015 06:42
I think(my opinion) Effort of Sahabas will be there before Imam Mahdi arrives; Hence being a Muslim its our duty to bring in the lives, concern, effort of Sahabas & stop thinking too much or discussing these deobandi/halafi/etc issues.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 28th October 2015 06:59
I am open any effort that is in accordance to the Prophetic way.
I appreciate Zakir Naik's Dawah work.
I have high regards for people like Yasir Qadhi who have put Islam in the front in the west.
I love people like Nauman Ali Khan for connecting Muslim youth to the Qur'an and Hadith.
So please go ahead with your idea - I have no problems with it.
Of course to talk of Sahabas (RA)'s efforts is a bit vague and general phrase.
And while we are at it if someone comes from the back and tries to prove that there is something terribly wrong with Deoband I have problems with that. That is subterfuge and enmity towards Islam and Muslims.
+2 -0Like x 2Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 28th October 2015 09:12
salaam

is it fair to say that mujaddids were sent to revive particular aspects of the deen when the situation became critical and the believers needed guidance in that particular aspect?

e.g shaikh alfa thani رحمة الله عليه revived tasawwuf when tasawwuf was engulfed in bidah and shirk, shaikh ilyas رحمة الله عليه revived the effort of dawah and tabligh amongst the masses when the masses became disconnected with the worry and concern of the deen and fellow muslims.
+1 -0Agree x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 29th October 2015 05:22
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Mufti Rafi Usmani Sahab (DB) once said that an Elder told him not to lecture on demand but put a balm where there is a muscle injury.

From this we can extend the logic that only those parts needs revival that are ignored or getting dust at a given time. Thus to me your conclusion looks justified.

At the moment my feeling is that out of various departments and chapters of Deen three are in excellent condition - Madarsa, Jama-at and Tasawwuf. Fourth one, Dawah, is in good condition. The rest are in tatters. Those are the ones that I have been repeatedly talking about in my posts.

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Chennai
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 29th October 2015 14:29
Maripat wrote:
View original post

I think in India, Muslim are behind in Education, both in religious and worldly education
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 29th October 2015 16:47
What a bakwas that deoband's time has come to an end.just you lot sitting behind the screens and listening to well known people is enough to make the judgement???

There is lot more then you lot think and its alot more.and will blow your minds out of the parallel if you truly are sincere in your search.Personalities which most of us wonder over still do exist today. back then at the time of allama kashmiri the quantity was low but with quality now its alot of quantity but guess what the quality is the same!!! and yes yes yes personalities like allama kashmiri exist but they are in indopak living like normal people,,,,

No post ratings

Jump to page: