Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open
 
Top Members

Down rating of posts

You have contributed 17.4% of this topic

Thread Tools
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
In Need of Teaching's avatar
Offline
USA
1,059
Brother
385
In Need of Teaching's avatar
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 27th January 2020 11:24
Please understand, everything that follows is simply my opinion.

I don't like how often posts are downgraded, thru dislike and disagree.
If I disagree or dislike a post, I will generally follow it up with a post seeking clarification. I think this is preferable to anonymously down rating what someone says.

If after getting clarification, I still disagree or dislike something, I generally regard it as someone's opinion. Opinions are neither right nor wrong.

Only facts can be right, wrong or manipulated.
Opinion is really only a person's understanding of what they think.

Saying that, I think people should be a little slower to dislike/disagree with a post.

There are people who have a very specific reason to dislike a post, when I've encountered these people it can often be caused by a misunderstanding between what is intended and what is stated. No one has the ability to speak with 100% accuracy to make their position known at all times. Language can be imprecise.

Of course, anyone is welcome to dislike/disagree with this post.
Personally I don't think I will use those features or if I do, they will be on a very limited basis.

(I wanted to wait, to make this post, until I had earned the ability to downgrade so that people may freely monitor my profile to see if I mean what I say.)
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
back to top
Yasin's avatar
UK
5,904
Brother
436
Yasin's avatar
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 27th January 2020 11:31
I agree. I have a solution and I'll update this thread once it's done. I'll move the thread to he Help & Support as it's feedback and needs follow up.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Agree x 2
back to top
Yasin's avatar
UK
5,904
Brother
436
Yasin's avatar
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 27th January 2020 12:02
Update:

Negative ratings (dislike and disagree) will not show unless there's at least 4 or more.

Reason: Usually 1 or 2 negative ratings are known to be personal. I've seen a dislike on Qur'aan verses just because sipraomer posted it and one member was on a personal forum rating clickity war against him.

Therefore I think if there's at least 4 (combination of dislike and disagree) then it means the rating will be considered valid for the feedback of the contents of that post.

It will still take effect in the profile. On the post though, it'll remain clean.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+7 -0Like x 4Creative x 3
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
10,738
Brother
9,026
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 27th January 2020 12:03

Yasin wrote:
View original post

That's easy to do against me, plenty of haters can gang up and hit dislike.


report post quote code quick quote reply
+-1 -0Agree x 3Facepalm x 1
back to top
Rank Image
In Need of Teaching's avatar
Offline
USA
1,059
Brother
385
In Need of Teaching's avatar
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 27th January 2020 12:09
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post
I agree, but I also don't believe in censoring someone.
People should be more willing to ask about a post or it's meaning and should be very hesitant to use dislike/disagree.
I think people that do that excessively are simply revealing a character flaw. Again that is only my opinion though.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Agree x 3
back to top
Yasin's avatar
UK
5,904
Brother
436
Yasin's avatar
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 27th January 2020 12:46
In Need of Teaching wrote:
View original post

Already measures in place for this.

Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I've never seen too many on yours except a while ago from the multiple members who never posted. But even that's not been possible for a while as negative ratings require a certain amount of rep.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
back to top
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 27th January 2020 12:46
Why grading is required. Just "Read" and "Read and satisfied" tag is enough.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
10,738
Brother
9,026
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 27th January 2020 12:47

Anonymous wrote:
View original post

Rating is not the issue, immaturity and personal hatred of people is the problem. It speaks about the condition of the Ummah
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Agree x 5
back to top
Rank Image
In Need of Teaching's avatar
Offline
USA
1,059
Brother
385
In Need of Teaching's avatar
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 27th January 2020 12:49
Anonymous wrote:
View original post
Grading a post is never required. Sometimes it's better not to leave a grade at all.
I tend to either leave a positive feedback, or none at all.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 27th January 2020 12:49
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post


Br Muadh Khan sab if your concern is aakhirah, nothing shall hurt you.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Agree x 2Facepalm x 1
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
10,738
Brother
9,026
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 27th January 2020 12:58

Anonymous wrote:
View original post

Once again, you have a habit of misunderstanding issues! The idea of rating is not to inflate Egos, it is to streamline the forum. Many people do not live on the forum, the idea is that if someone posts something beneficial then ratings help someone (who is casual) focus on good beneficial posts.

This is a forum so it is for interaction. If someone posts something then you are supposed to read and try to understand and if you don't understand then ask the person to clarify.

Then disagree if you want to and its no big deal.

I-N-S-T-E-A-D its become a Hazrat worshipping Deobandi cult shop where people no longer read and they like/dislike based on their perception and feelings.

Unfortunately, people are no longer reading. I know that its very difficult for you to understand the concept but try to understand someone else's perspective. Maulana Yasin is an Alim do you think he is running the forum to inflate people's ego???

I am not sure if this is his reason but I can see it working if people are honest as Allah Ta'ala commands us to be just, instead people are just emotional, childish and petty.

As I have said, I don't care if (all of you) his dislikes BUT it is a F-A-C-T which has been proven again and again that people hit dislikes on my post (for no reason). It does not bother me but it does not change the F-A-C-T and simply stating the F-A-C-T does not mean that I am hurt by it in anyway...They can keep going

I am aware of it that's about it and don't really care
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1Optimistic x 1
back to top
Yasin's avatar
UK
5,904
Brother
436
Yasin's avatar
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 27th January 2020 13:00
Guest-49821 wrote:
View original post

Yasin wrote:
View original post
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
back to top
Rank Image
bint e aisha's avatar
Online
Unspecified
1,616
Sister
1,623
bint e aisha's avatar
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 27th January 2020 13:05
Yasin wrote:
View original post

Assalamu alaikum

Some people use their "fake accounts" to give -4 or even more.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Agree x 2
back to top
Yasin's avatar
UK
5,904
Brother
436
Yasin's avatar
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 27th January 2020 13:10
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

You're right. This is what i referred to in reply to Muadh but since then measures were taken (such as can see very quickly the IP and posts rated on) to tackle the immaturity which he mentioned.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 27th January 2020 13:26
As an option. Mukhliseen ignore the grading, so an option must be given to make these members "grading invisible" for their posts to them. Mischief can't influence them.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top

 

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:


In the above image: What's behind the word Yellow? (it's not the sun)