You have contributed 5.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2019 20:59
Anyone know of this? I was asked a question regarding the Islamic position on Crystal Energy Healing by a non-muslim, neighbour and friend of mine.

I googled and seem to be non the wiser.

The first position from what I can tell is that it comes under the category of Astrology, numerology and is Haraam. And is potentially shirk.

The second position is that ALLAH has placed healing in various things in creation. As long as the individual
believes that whatever healing that (takes place just like in medicine) is from ALLAH and ALLAH alone is the healer then there is no harm in it.

Note: Crystal healing is when stones like Amethyst and Opal are placed or rubbed on various parts of the body to help accelerate healing.

According to the medical establishment its a pseudo-science with no intrinsic value other then a placebo effect.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2019 22:58
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

It is emulation of kuffar. They sell amulets, stones etc and associate health, wealth, prosperity and protection from evil spirits with them. They loot the guillible people. They even use famous personalities to promote these things. My gut feeling says that we should avoid. Obviously, only ulema are in the position to tell about Shariah's position on this issue.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 13th September 2019 09:51
Tricky and delicate topic, just like the burning of chillies.

I know people who use stones (aqeeq) and they claim its sunnah but they don't even know how or why. Yet they claim all sorts and believe far worse :(

Aqeeq is mentioned in Hadith, so it would be great to find out further details about the op.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 13th September 2019 11:55
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

السلام عليكم

Exactly what i feel..

Came across this interesting piece on the subject..

Complete Article

His take is one you would expect from a scientist. And yes, it’s almost certainly accurate to say that crystals do not themselves possess any of the mystical health properties attributed to them by users.

But the human mind is a powerful thing, and it’s trickier to say flatly that crystals don’t work, if you define “work” as providing some benefit.

“I think that the public and medical community’s perception of the placebo is something that is bogus or fraudulent,” says Ted Kaptchuk, professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School. But Kaptchuk’s research on placebo suggests that its therapeutic actions can be both “genuine” and “robust.” While he hasn’t studied crystals—and will not comment on their legitimacy or anything to do with alternative medicine—Kaptchuk has written that a therapy’s built-in placebo effect can be considered a distinct aspect of its efficacy, and that placebo-induced benefits should be promoted, not dismissed.

Many physicians do believe in the power of placebo. A 2008 BMJ study found that roughly half of the physicians surveyed reported using placebo treatments to help their patients. Typically, a doctor would recommend an over-the-counter pain reliever or vitamin supplement, even though neither was indicated for the patient’s symptoms. Most viewed the practice of prescribing placebo treatments as ethically permissible, the authors concluded.

Holding a crystal, of course, is not the same as swallowing an Advil, and don’t expect your doctor to recommend crystals at your next visit. From the standpoint of conventional medicine and evidence-based science, the existing research suggests they’re akin to snake oil. But research on the placebo effect suggests that even snake oil can have benefits for those who believe.

END

Nothing to do with kufr.. ( there are tons of alternate therapies, kindly avoid tiger bones and rhino horns though :-) ) .. just like the magnetic bed therapy for low back pain which my salafi aunt claims to have benefited her.. :-)

we only have to take care of the last few words (bolded ) in the article..

Wal Qadri Khairihi wa sharrihi min'Allahi Ta'ala..

duas..

wa Assalam..
+5 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 13th September 2019 13:53
No post ratings
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 13th September 2019 15:38
When crystals can bring fortunes. Why is the crystals seller himself is struggling for one meal?

Why can't seller himself select a crystal or set of crystals from his stock and turn into a billionaire.
+0 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Chennai
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 13th September 2019 16:54
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Crystal therapy is one of the alternate therapies used in pranic healing. Whatever therapy, non muslims have induced astrology and numerology which is straight forward kufr and shirk, but what many don't know is many of theses therapies can be performed without astrology and numerology.

I am into alternate therapies from past few months, Insha Allah I will update on this subject as I progress in this.

+5 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 13th September 2019 17:14

hmdsalahuddin wrote:
View original post

How does it work and for what purposes can it be used for? Please let us know.

Jazakallahu Khayran

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Chennai
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 13th September 2019 19:31
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Brief answer to your question:

I started with Traditional Chinese Medicine(TCM) and it describes five elements: Fire, Earth, Metal, Water and Wood, some therapies describes four.

These five elements are associated with organs for storage and utilization.

Heart(fire), Spleen(earth), Lung(metal), Kidney(water) and Liver(earth) are storage organs of these elements

Small intestine, Stomach, Large Intestine, Urinary bladder and Gall Bladder are utilization of these elements

These elements are inter-connected as

The production cycle :
Wood feeds fire
Fire creates earth
Earth bears metal
Metal collects water
Water nourishes wood

Controlling Cycle:
Wood parts earth
Earth absorbs water
Water quenches fire
Fire melts metal
Metal chops wood

When there is imbalance in these elements then the above cycle gets affected, then a problem occurs. A patient is healed i.e, treated by balancing these elements.

The imbalance in these elements is diagnosed by checking the pulse of the person and the pulse diagnosis I learnt is from an another ancient therapy.

A person can also be diagnosed by tongue, face and nails of finger
+3 -0
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 13th September 2019 19:57
hmdsalahuddin wrote:
View original post

Have you studied something about Chi energy and acupuncture?
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Chennai
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 13th September 2019 19:59
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

yes brother, it is from TCM
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 13th September 2019 20:03
hmdsalahuddin wrote:
View original post

Is Chi real? Can it produce fire? I saw a documentary in which the practitioner was burning paper through distance, claiming that it was his chi energy.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 13th September 2019 20:07
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

No. :)
I've seen the counter video
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Chennai
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 13th September 2019 20:07
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Chi means energy flow. Can't say what trick he used, share the link if you have. There are many fakes in this field.

Update: just saw one video, it was edited while crushing paper, looks he hid something in that to trick viewers :)
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 13th September 2019 20:12
Is the practice of Oriental Medince (the use of herbs, acupuncture, tai chi) halaal?
Answer
Praise be to Allaah.

Yes, this is permissible, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Seek healing, O slaves of Allaah, but do not seek it in that which is haraam, for Allaah does not make the healing of my ummah in that which He has forbidden to it.” Seeking healing with herbs comes under the heading of permissible things. This does not contradict the idea of putting one’s trust in Allaah (tawakkul). It was narrated in the hadeeth that a man said, “O Messenger of Allaah, what do you think of medicines with which we seek healing, and ruqyahs (incantations) which we use for healing – do they change the decree of Allaah?” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “They are part of the decree of Allaah,” i.e., Allaah decrees that a person falls sick, then He decrees that this disease needs treatment, and that if it is treated with medicines or herbs, he may be healed by Allaah’s leave. So there is no reason why we should not use these medicines, including the use of needles and herbs.

Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Jibreen.

With regard to the “Chinese needles” (i.e., acupuncture), if it is proven that this is beneficial, or if its benefit outweighs its harm – if it causes any harm – then there is nothing wrong with using this. And Allaah knows best.

www.islamqa.info/amp/en/answers/11956
+1 -0