Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Dua cure for loneliness.

You have contributed 7.1% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2019 19:07
As Salamu Alaykum.

This question has come up...so what is dua/ cure for loneliness.

Individual concerned has health issues mostly stuck at home on their own?.. little family close by....Only a couple of friends who are busy with their own lives.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2019 10:09
It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If a person who is afflicted by anxiety or sorrow says: ‘Allaahumma inni ‘abduka wa ibnu ‘abdika wa ibn ammatika naasiyati bi yadika maadin fiyya hukmuka ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka as’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw asta’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghaybi ‘indaka an taj’al al-Qur’aana rabee’a qalbi wa noora sadri wa jalaa’a huzni wa dhahaaba hammi (O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You with which You have named Yourself, or, or You have taught to any of Your creation, or You have revealed in Your Book, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the Unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety)’, then Allaah will take away his anxiety and sorrow, and will replace it with joy.”

It was said: “O Messenger of Allaah, should we not learn it?” He said: “Yes, whoever hears it should learn it.”

Narrated by Ahmad; classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 199

We ask Allaah to relieve you of your anxiety and replace it with joy.

And Allaah knows best.

Full Post and Source
+3 -0Winner x 2
London, UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2019 13:25
حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

From your thread:
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post
+2 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2019 15:39
View original post

If he is a male then advise him to not miss jamaat prayer ever and be the first one to say salam to everyone. The namazis will become a community for him. Also La ilaha illallah, durood and astafghfar are the greatest cure for anxiety and other problems.
+2 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2019 23:32
Yasin wrote:
View original post

Lol...Should have thought of that first.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2019 19:07
وَهُوَ مَعَكُمْ أَيْنَ مَا كُنْتُمْ

We are not lonely,we can not be lonely.Allah swt is with us wherever we are,a little bit of contemplation is required.

Allah swt tells us in Hadeeth e Qudsi

أنا جليسُ من ذكرنى

“I am with the one that remembers Me,”
it means Allah سبحانه وتعالى is sending down His mercy on those who remember Him swt.

Allah swt tells us:

فَاذْكُرُونِي أَذْكُرْكُمْ وَاشْكُرُوا لِي وَلَا تَكْفُرُونِ

“Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, and be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me.”

Those who remembers Allah swt can not be alone,they are in the company of Allah swt,and who can be better companion than Allah ?
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2019 20:28
ALIF wrote:
View original post

As Salaamu Alaykum.

To a person who is going from one problem to the next...Or who cannot see a way out of the difficulties or light at the end of the tunnel.

The above just sounds theoretical...we are in an era where even the seemingly learned and the pious amongst us. Have little conviction or belief in power of Dua. When you advise them to recite certain forms of Azkaar or make Dua they look at you if their is something wrong with you.

One can tell stories of the people of righteousness of centuries past. The trials they went through it is has little effect.

Because people rationalise those past centuries were a different time...We are in an era of fitnah upon fitnah. Their ears only perk up with interest if you relate a story of someone from the present time who overcame difficulties.

From others whose knowledge is limited they think the person relating such stories has been brainwashed. Deluded or is suffering from some form of religious hyteria.

People can be weakened by the vicissitudes of life ...All they see is I am going through difficulties become afflicted by despair. Whilst others who commit sin after sin have it easy. They are attacked by questions of "Why me?" "What if?" And "If only?" Probably a really a bad emotional state to get into.

In the context of the question I asked. It is easy to see how a person who is alone and lives a solitary excistence, has little family or friends.. or people who are willing to reach out..or even just just listen to their woes, would feel alone totally abandoned and lonely.

Perhaps thats why the scholars mention a great reward for helping or giving time to those who are in distress...or visiting the sick because at those times most of us can feel emotionally and spiritually very low.

It is also the case that people who have never been totally alone and who are surrounded by family or friends. Most of the time can find it difficult to relate to how it is to be alone where you feel the world has turned its back upon you.

So Hazrat what you have stated is correct but the situation is far more complex we are in times of fitnah..And our eemans are weak.

+0 -0Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2019 06:52
View original post

وعليكم السلام و رحمة الله و بركاته

You asked for some particular dua/cure,I humbly suggested something easy, practical and very refreshing ,that is , seeking the friendship and company (معیت) of Allah swt through Zikr.

Under the circumstances you mentioned,it looks like he is more in need of turning his mind towards Allah swt and akhira...

But fair enough,i agree with you.We will now make dua for him instead...
+1 -0Like x 1
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2019 11:27
ALIF wrote:
View original post

Perfect advice.

Everything else, including all the kuffaar ways and mindset we have adopted, is just bandaiding the problem and an attempt at a quick fix. These quick fixes may give very short-term relief, but the real ailment persists underneath and often flares up even worse afterwards.

It is a great mercy from Allah that it is only in the zikr of Allah through which peace, tranquillity and contentment can be acquired.

Why do people not give the best way, the one prescribed by Allah Himself in the Quran, a proper go and see for themselves the power and help of Allah descend?

It's because shaytaan tries to put an impediment to this path and makes other ways look more attractive. One of the most common impediments today is peoples attachment to certain sins which results in justifying such sins and which then prevents genuine taubah. The calamities that descend due to one's sins will not be averted by an insincere Taubah.

The solution for most of the mental problems afflicting people today is spiritual. Zikr of Allah, Taubah, stopping sinning, etc. Most people who complain about their state do not even persevere with these spiritual methods which are guaranteed to bring incomparable benefits.

However, it's expected in these times close to dajjal for most people to fall for shaytaan's tricks and avoid the only path mentioned in the Quran through which one can acquire the peace and contentment of the heart.

+0 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2019 13:07
View original post

I know excatly wher eyou are coming from.

These stories we hear of the past are good, but to get through to people today, we need to give current reali life examples so they have faith that these things still work.

I've said it many times before and will say it again, I give my personal experiance to people and tell them how reciting Astagfirullah constantly opens locked doors. Works every time, even with people who don't pray often.

When I remind people of the solution I gave them, they accept that it had to be the Istighfar that helped them out, else they saw no other way out!

+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2019 17:45
ALIF wrote:
View original post

As Salaamu Alaykum.

I was not trying to contradict you... just presenting my general observation..,my above post was perhaps not clearly written.

Your a literary person...one of the great Ma'shaykh of Yemen. ..Shaykh Abdullah ibn Alawi Al Hadad (rah).
Began the first chapter of his very popular book "The Book Of Assistance". With a chapter on the need to increase certainty (Yaqeen).

People suffering from stress or depression...can find their Yaqeen becoming weak...so by saying "You cannot be lonely we are not lonely Allah is with us.."

Will have an opposite reaction. And it will be something like this ..."What you mean I cannot be lonely when I do feel lonely and I am alone." "If you are saying Allah is with us and we cannot be lonely..maybe I am very sinful person, and Allah is displeased with me..." And so on and so forth.

Somebody feeling depressed or stressed as we all do from time to time...is very different to someone who is suffering from severe or accute forms of clinical depression.

The mindset of the latter is what I was trying to convey, in my previous post.

Before posting this thread...I googled to see if their was a specific dua for feelings of loneliness...What I got was different duas. Mentioned by different people.

So I thought I would ask hear...Khayr my personal belief is that once an indvidual starts doing zikr abundantly...and consistently they will see results and Yaqeen will automatically increase, but needs to stick with it.... It might take weeks months or even several years.

However individual concerned is reciting HasbunAllah as recommended by Maulana Yasin... Along with Istighfar due to the testimony about the benefits experienced by Abu Muhammed mentioned in the thread titled "Hasbun'Allah" and here on this thread. That is the personal benefits he has seen in reciting both Hasbun'Allah and istighfar during times of difficulty.

+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2019 17:52
Anonymous wrote:
View original post

I would just add to what you stated by stating that sometimes there can be physiological reasons for depression...chemical imblances, hormonal imbalances..nutritional difficiencies such as vitamin B12 all of which can also contribute or have an effect on mental health.

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2019 20:14
View original post

You are absolutely right,and i agree !

I also agree that Zikr takes time to sink in,that is a different level,and probably not for commoners like us.What people like us need is ‘support’ and ‘comfort’, a degree of peace of mind...and to keep ourselves ‘busy’ in some sort of positive activity to keep the effects of depression to a minimum level,and obviously to benefit from the barakah of the blessed names of Allah,which can not be disputed.

In depression,one is trapped in a cycle of negativity :”Nobody loves me,nobody cares for me”, lack of self esteem,helplessness,lack of interest,gloom and doom,decreased appetite etc.When we try to develop any degree of relationship with Allah swt,we find a ‘friend’ who cares,who listens to what we say,we can open our heart to Him,we can cry in front of him without feeling bad,and most of All,friendship with Allah gives us HOPE.

That may turn around the negative spiral in our life and we start thinking positively.This one step in life may change the direction of our life for good,and this is not something we ‘imagine’,that is a ‘reality’ based on our basic Iman...

The question is ‘how to do it’ ?

1.Good company,someone has to keep instilling the importance of this connection with Allah swt into our minds

2.Reading books on the subject,the best is obviously Quran itself

3.Abundant Zikr,dua is also zikr,reciting ‘Hasbunallah’ is Zikr,Astaghfar is Zikr,thinking about the innumerable blessings of Allah is Zikr,reminding ourselves that ‘Allah loves us’ is Zikr (For that it is enough evidence that Allah swt gave us Iman and granted us Quran),thinking of jannat and its never ending pleasures where we ultimately go is zikr.....

Obviously we may also need medical help to deal with the chemicals and neurotransmitters you mentioned in your post,but the two sides are not mutually exclusive,rather they support each other.

As for the Shaikh you quoted,he is right,but for such wasawis we need not be depressed,shaytan whispers to us even when we are perfectly healthy,wealthy and wise. He is our declared enemy,and will keep trying to create ‘mistrust’ in our minds about our most merciful creator.Shall we succumb to his whispers ?
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2019 20:39
Surah الم نشرح if recited seven times after each Fardh salat,and seventeen times before retiring for the night,is a time tested cure for depression.I learned it from a big shaikh.Why not try it ?
+1 -0

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What letters are in the word in blue?