Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Not able to post

You have contributed 3.3% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Earth
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd December 2018 11:17
Mufti sahib - indeed that would be really frustrating.
We look forward to you retyping it up if you have time; in another editor as precaution )
InshaAllah we can all benefit from your insight, JazakAllahu khair.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
Pakistan
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 13th December 2018 04:49
Assalamu Alaykum respected Mods,

What's up with the Debates' section, and how does it work? I had written a fair amount of posts in the thread of Shura/Maulana Saad, but the thread has disappeared, and i can't access it.

Secondly, the site administrators know best, but is it a wise thing to disappear the whole thread? Surely, there was a lot of useful information posted in that thread. The inappropriate stuff may have been removed, but surely not the whole thread.

Since i am almost a novice, hence the question.
+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 13th December 2018 05:03
I can't access the Shaykh Talha Kandhalvi thread either. It was the one with the Shura/Maulana Saad discussion. I guess that is the very thread that mufti sahab is talking about.
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 13th December 2018 07:27
The threads are still there, Jzk for bringing it up. I/admin will have to reset your permissions in order for you to be able to post. (Give us a little bit of time)

I had added everyone who posted there (that has a username) so if you find a glitch, please do inform us.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Pakistan
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 13th December 2018 08:05
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Grateful.

However, it has happened before too. So you have to give me access to each thread separately upon request?

Secondly, when every member can view and post it in the Debates section, then why not let the thread remain in the open?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 13th December 2018 08:58
Abu_Bilal wrote:
View original post

Respected Mufti saheb, Access isn't given to each thread. There are certain sections that are not visible to non members, likewise, there are sections that are seen by those who are added. For example, we have a sisters section where only the sisters can see this portion of the forum, similarly, there is a brothers section - However, these are hardly used (I can only speak for the brothers section) and members are added by the relevant moderators.

Khair, you asked what's the point of moving threads and keeping them hidden.

Well, the debates section had only 60+ members in it and currently has 96 members in it. Therefore, what we are trying to do is protect readers and laypeople. (Many of the 96 members have long gone - including the debaters)

As you said:
Abu_Bilal wrote:
View original post

So this is not seen by everyone and anyone - just those who are engaged in the conversation (plus those who had been added to such categories)
+1 -0
Rank Image
Earth
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 13th December 2018 10:01
The issue lies with threads going off on a tangent from intended topic.
I'm not seeing the wisdom in restricting visibility of and access to such threads.
Can't these be moved into Members Research Group please? at least then they're visible to all - including guests.
If the 96 who had access to debates section have long gone - these restrictions might be an indicator as to why.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 13th December 2018 10:08
+1 -0
Rank Image
Earth
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 13th December 2018 10:42
I'm just not seeing the consistency in that case - following thread also an exchange between members on similar theme yet remains in the Members Research Group

www.muftisays.com/forums/55-members-research-group/11838-...

So we can start a (potentially controversial) topic and then restrict thread responses or if everyone is well behaved with minimal exchange that's fine and not a debate?
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 13th December 2018 10:56
Ridhwan wrote:
View original post

That thread (as it stands today) wasn't even a full 2 pages. There was an attempt to justify something which by the looks of things didn't go down too well.

There was no further action needed.

As you can appreciate, it takes time to read all the posts, monitor whats going on, be in the middle and not biased - it's not easy when we have other responsibilities too. When posts become sentences - paragraphs - essays - etc it's not easy.

New members have to wait sometimes for posts to be checked if they are sharing links, members with negative ratings will have to wait for every post to be checked and posts come from different corners of the globe, meaning different time zones etc. it isn't easy for those trying to help keeping the site moving, and there aren't many of us.

I'm sure readers get frustrated when they can't read what is being said whilst they wait for a post to be authorized or when their post is not visibile to everyone.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Earth
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 13th December 2018 11:19
Ok so it's mainly an issue when it gets unmanageable rather than content. Isn't there an Authoriser group that could be granted post approval access only. Couple of trusted regulars in different time zones?
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 13th December 2018 11:25
Ridhwan wrote:
View original post

Currently we have Admins/Authorizers from 3 parts of the world - however, these are regular individuals who may not always have time/access to/for the internet.

I guess it requires a little bit of Sabr as we go along in the fast moving world :)
+2 -0Like x 1
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd July 2019 13:35
Apparently my account is disabled. Can an admin please check?
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 24th July 2019 23:44
Guest-131381 wrote:
View original post

What's the account? Username?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2021 18:14
Dear Admin/Mods,

If it's not too much trouble, would you kindly reset my permissions? I seem to be having some difficulty accessing some of my threads and posts in different sub-forums, as well as sending and receiving PMs.
No post ratings