Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Whats Jalali Zikr ?

You have contributed 10.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 10th January 2016 13:36
I have read, thats some forms of Zikr are Jalali one should not recite them excessively unless authorised by a Shaykh or Spiritual director, because these forms of Zikr can have physical or Psychological side effects, could some elaborate on this?

Secondly what forms are Zikr can recited abundantly and that have no Side effects?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 10th January 2016 15:41
(salam)

A beautiful explanation by Brother Dar At Taqwa on SF...

The Mashaikh have explained it in very easy terms thus: that there are two types of Adhkaar which are directly related to two of Allah azza wa jal's Siffaat's,

1) Adhkaar Jamaali - (beauty) - for these types of Adhkar no one requires ijaza from a Shaykh as long as it is done normally i.e. lisnaani or Qalbi but without adopting a specific form of a Tareeqah (as this requires the advice of the Shaykh) e.g. focusing on the Lataif as in the Qadiriya and Naqshbandia Tarooq or the method of Nafi Ithbaat with the head movement as prescribed in the Chishtiya Tareeqah.

These Adhkaar include but are not limited to: La illa ha illallah, Subhan'Allahi wa Behamdehi, Subhan'Allah, Alhamdulillah, Allahu Akbar, Salaat & Salaam (Durood)........etc

2) Adhkaar Jalali - (Awe & Power) - those Adhkar related to this Siffat of Allah require the permission and advice of the Shaykh and can be very detrimental to the health and spirit of a person if done without guidance of a Shaykh.

Thse Adhkaar include but are not limited to: La illaha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntum minadhalemeen(Ayat Kareema), certain Asma ul Husna e.g Jaleel, Qabidh...Allahu Allah......

Often some people object that "why should any Muslim require the permission or ijazah of a Shaykh before commecning a good deed like doing the dhikr of Allah which has been commanded in the Qur'an?" Well the simple answer is that just like for our physical body and its ailments there are some OVER THE COUNTER medicines, there are also those which are PRESCRIPTION ONLY and cannot be taken without the consultaiton of a qualified doctor. Even though both types of medication are for the benefit of the physical body. It is this very same rule that applies in Deen and Islamic Spirituality.

An interesting story to remember is that which the late Faqeeh ul Ummah Mufti Mehmoodul Hassan Gangohi (rah) narrated about himself in "Hazrat Shaykh aur un ke Khulaafa Ikeraam" (urdu).

Before having given bay'ah to Shaykh ul Hadeeth Qutbul Aqtab Muhammad Zakkariya RA ,he had already started the Dhikr of Nafi Ithbaat (La illa ha illallah) with the head movements as prescribed in the Chishtiya Tareeqah and written in Shaykh Haji Imdaadullah Mujair Makki's book.

But when he eventually gave bay'ah to Shaykh ul Hadeeth (rah) , his Shaykh made him stop that immediately and then slowly over time prescribed for Shaykh Mufti sahib RA the Adhkaar. This is despite the fact that Shaykh Mufti ul Hin Gangohi was already a VERY pious Scholar with immense Taqwa and from a family of Auliya and Mashaikh. So what to say of you and I!

And Allah knows Best

Wassalaamu Alaikum
+4 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 10th January 2016 18:49
Jazak'Allah Khair Hazrat, I have a habit of reciting istighfar silently in the heart through out the day, so that would be okay?
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 11th January 2016 06:51
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Yes, Commendable Masha Allah.. May Allah سبحانه وتعالى give Taufeeq for all of us to do maximum istighfar throughout the day.. Ameen..

wa Assalam..
+2 -0Like x 2Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 11th January 2016 18:41
JazakAllah doctor sahib,as is rightly pointed out Asma e Husna are 'Jalali','Jamali' or 'Tanzeehi'. In famous "tasbeehat E Fatima" رضي الله عنه SUBHANALLAH stands for 'Tanzeehi Asma',ALHAMDOLILLAH stands for 'Jamali' Asma and ALLAHO AKBAR stands for 'Jalali Asma'.

Asmae Husna points towards SIFAAT or attributes of Allah swt....and no Sifat of Allah can remain in suspended form,hence all Asma are necessary and must be manifested.

When we do dhikr of Asmae Husna we want the special effects of that Ism attracted towards us,the rule being فاذكروني ازكركم (You remember me,I will remember you),for example if we recite ism 'Ya Razzaq' we want the effects of that particular ism reflected on our life resulting in abundant Rizq....but say if we are reciting 'Ya Qahhar' that would be exposing ourself to the Jalali effects of that Ism. Same goes for example for Ism 'Ya Muntaqimo'. These are indeed Asmae Husna but we hope every Momen will be safe from the 'Qahar' and 'Intiqam' of Allah. Such sifat must be displayed but will not target the friends of Allah. For a Momen His Sifaat of 'Rahim' 'Karim' 'Tawaab' etc will be manifested.

If for some reason we need to recite JALALI Asma we must add the corresponding JAMALI ism along with it like "Ya Qahharo ya Raheemo" "Ya Muhye ya Mumeeto",Ya nafeo ya dharo,'Ya Muntaqimo ya Afuo'

Some adhkar are not Jalali per say but there effects on human psychi are overwhelming because the dhikr is itself very powerful...though not necessarily Jalali like doctor sahib pointed out about ayat e karima.

Wallaho alam
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 11th January 2016 18:45
*ayate karima
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 11th January 2016 20:37
ALIF wrote:
View original post

Okay Jalal means (awe and power) Jamal is (beauty) so for the benefit of those like myself who are ignorant what does "Tanzeehi" mean?

No post ratings
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd May 2016 19:01
Male ; 28yrs ; sindhi , born in Sukkur Pakistan.

I am a sunni Muslim and I suffer from two problems ;

I have a few issues ; people hate me , I get hate, negative energy and negative consonance and disappointment and a vile sense of hatred everywhere I go. People hate my face, my personality even though I am very polite and I am a very average looking person whom no one should be jealous of.

This has been with me since I was a child and I have not been able to make any friends because of this curse and I lead a lonely life. I am a trustworthy person, I love life, I love Muslims but even when I go to the mosque , people hate me and give me evil looks and reject and deject me for no reason.

I am angry and sick and tired of this dejection from Muslims and the torture from the nonMuslim jinns and evil demonic entities. I do not know what to do. I sometimes make Jalali zikr and I know I can because I am oppressed.

As a result of this hatred, I have had immense problems with marriage, employment and I have been left unemployed, unmarried and unloved and I have no resources or wealth to turn to.

PLEASE HELP ME AND TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

I asked Shams Uddin Azeemi from Karachi and he told me to recite Ya Hayyu Ya Qayyum, look at green light and recite the fourth kalima every night after isha.

Please tell me what do you think and what would you suggest?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd May 2016 00:31
what is SF?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd May 2016 09:58
muslimah seeker wrote:
View original post

SF is sunniforum.com which "is/was" an online Forum that is no longer operating as it used to. Sometimes, the old forum is on and at other times it's not working.
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 4th May 2016 00:10
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

i see. Thanks
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2016 09:26
Zikr A jalali also "ALLAH HU". if you repeat this many time you may become a angry. To make it normal you must read drood beginning and end.

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 24th May 2016 17:59
Anonymous wrote:
View original post

(salaam)

Take care of Namaaz.
Follow Sunnahs.
Do Sunnah Azkaar.
Recite durood shareef in abundance .
Recite last 3 surahs after fajr, maghrib and before sleeping 3,3 times.
Recite Quran.
Do istighfaar.
Stay away from major sins
Keep yourself clean and pure (paak)

To learn these things and make them part of your life, go with tablighi jama'at.
+2 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 24th May 2016 18:46

dr76 wrote:
View original post

Quran:

وَذَا النُّونِ إِذ ذَّهَبَ مُغَاضِبًا فَظَنَّ أَن لَّن نَّقْدِرَ عَلَيْهِ فَنَادَىٰ فِي الظُّلُمَاتِ أَن لَّا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ۔

فَاسْتَجَبْنَا لَهُ وَنَجَّيْنَاهُ مِنَ الْغَمِّ ۚ وَكَذَٰلِكَ نُنجِي الْمُؤْمِنِينَ۔

Hadees:

قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ دَعْوَةُ ذِي النُّونِ إِذْ دَعَا وَهُوَ فِي بَطْنِ الْحُوتِ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنْتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ ‏.‏ فَإِنَّهُ لَمْ يَدْعُ بِهَا رَجُلٌ مُسْلِمٌ فِي شَيْءٍ قَطُّ إِلاَّ اسْتَجَابَ اللَّهُ لَهُ ‏"‏ ‏.

So we have permission to recite ayat kareema from Allah JJ and Prophet (s.a.w.). Then why do we need permission from Sheikh for that?

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 24th May 2016 19:07

Abdullah1 wrote:
View original post

And anyone who has answer, then please answer specifically for Ayat Kareema. I understand the psychological effects of other adhkaar. That's good enough.

But in case of ayat kareema, look at the words of Allah JJ and Rasoolullah (s.a.w.),

Allah JJ says:
كَذَٰلِكَ نُنجِي الْمُؤْمِنِينَ

Rasoolullah (s.a.w.) says:
فَإِنَّهُ لَمْ يَدْعُ بِهَا رَجُلٌ مُسْلِمٌ فِي شَيْءٍ قَطُّ إِلاَّ اسْتَجَابَ اللَّهُ لَهُ

How can it be that a person recites ayat kareema and gets caught in some bigger psychological and spiritual problem than in which he was in?

+1 -0Like x 1

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'ABC' written in?