Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

Removing account

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
London, UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 18th March 2013 14:25

Assalamu Alaykum,

Recently I've received a few requests to remove their account from the site. If you've posted on the site then it's not possible to remove account as it's linked to multiple databases. As we don't store any personal information, removal is not a neccessity. It's a very lengthy process and I simply do not have time for it.

Whatever the reason for requesting account deletion, you do have a few options which you can take yourself:

1. Not log in anymore - simple as that. But if you can't help yourself....
  2. Change your email and password (on here) so you can't get login details anymore.
  3. Block the site so you don't get access

Beyond this I cannot assist in removing accounts and posts etc just because you may have a problem with a certain thread, member or any other reason.

I hope this answers all future requests of similar sorts. Apologies for any inconveniences and for the reason which made you want to remove the account.

Wassalam

report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 2Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 19th March 2013 12:40

Asslamo Allaikum,

People spend decades trying to serve the Deen of Allah (SWT) to the best of their ability and despite their weaknesses and hope in the Mercy of Allah (SWT) for all to be accepted only for the Sufees to make slanderous remarks, make unproven accusations when someone tries to clear their name or ask for explainations Sufees either don't reply or ask for the Account to be removed!

In my case someone accused me of something via email so I offered to visit the person's Shaykh and discuss the matter in his presence and if I am guilty to take the full flak...Person replies, "Shaykh is too busy and I don't want to involve him in this petty business"

So I then offered the scenario to be sent to any Darul-iftaa (in the world) of their choice to get a ruling,...Person replies, "Not needed"

I then asked for them to word the question before I send the query, Person replies, "Not needed"

I wrote the question and as a courtesy sent it to the person and all of sudden Person replies, "You have twisted the issue"

I again asked for them to write the question, still didn't get anywhere.

So I took their emails and their version and sent it to 2 Muftees and both ruled in my favour. To this day this Sufi has YET:

1. To acknowledge that they were wrong in accusing me
  2. To apologise
  3. To seek forgiveness

I am NOT a Sufi but this person is a SUFI so I guess anything goes for them, my only crime is that I sought clarification so I could correct myself or have the slander washed from me, what I should have done is accepted the public slander because it came from a SUFI.

Jazakullah Khairun

+4 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 19th March 2013 14:03
Muadh_Khan wrote:
Asslamo Allaikum, People spend decades trying to serve the Deen of Allah (SWT) to the best of their ability and despite their weaknesses and hope in the Mercy of Allah (SWT) for all to be accepted only for the Sufees to make slanderous remarks, make unproven accusations when someone tries to clear their name or ask for explainations Sufees either don't reply or ask for the Account to be removed! In my case someone accused me of something via email so I offered to visit the person's Shaykh and discuss the matter in his presence and if I am guilty to take the full flak...Person replies, "Shaykh is too busy and I don't want to involve him in this petty business" So I then offered the scenario to be sent to any Darul-iftaa (in the world) of their choice to get a ruling,...Person replies, "Not needed" I then asked for them to word the question before I send the query, Person replies, "Not needed" I wrote the question and as a courtesy sent it to the person and all of sudden Person replies, "You have twisted the issue" I again asked for them to write the question, still didn't get anywhere. So I took their emails and their version and sent it to 2 Muftees and both ruled in my favour. To this day this Sufi has YET: To acknowledge that they were wrong in accusing me To apologise To seek forgiveness I am NOT a Sufi but this person is a SUFI so I guess anything goes for them, my only crime is that I sought clarification so I could correct myself or have the slander washed from me, what I should have done is accepted the public slander because it came from a SUFI. Jazakullah Khairun

salaam

makes you wonder what tassawuf (sufism) has become nowadays. from what i have seen it is about grovelling and acting pious in front of the shaikh to get his favour and serving him in a way that one has not even thought about serving his own parents - and then acting like a mini shaikh (diva) when away from the shaikh and not caring about the akhlaak and morals of islam as long as your thowb is clean and nicely ironed and your amamah is tied just the right way as your shaikh ties it.
+2 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 19th March 2013 14:23
I dont think this is a thread for discussion, rather a general notice where the Admin can direct such queries to.

I will lock the thread until Admin has seen it and and it shall be unlocked if needed.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1