Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

minding the rules

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Heavens Thunder is o
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2013 20:24

"Yasin" wrote:
jzk abu mohammed. Post updated. @poster: Please don't mind these rules, they're good for everyone.

I don't mind the rules at all, but you know the mods of the various internet forums [generally speaking not ref. to you] act like despots, they'll only keep what they like and nothing which goes against their nafs, so if someone has worked hard and created a thread / post...only to see it locked or deleted or moved to some obscure sub section, it demotivates you, thats why keeping blogs is the way to go.

Plus, working on the blog, formatting & all that stuff, then creating a thread across forums, copying pasting formatting again and again is a lot of work. LOT of work.

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Heavens Thunder is o
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2013 20:25
Plus mods of one forum won't allow a link to another forum, so there we go again.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2013 22:20
@Desi tadka

I'm sure you'll like it here.

When i was new I felt like there was no one to authorize my post and would keep login on to check if it was done or not. It was frustrating at first then I got the hang of it and realized how much time is taken to sort things out, edit authorize, delete etc. And I really appreciated the fact that this forum was actually here to benefit and not just to fill web space. Alhumdulillah after becoming an authorizer, I didn't want anyone to feel like they are restricted or had to wait a day before their post was sorted. And yes having a whole post removed would be sad.

Posting a rule makes one remember the next time so InshaAllah you won't be seeing it much.

Also please note: New members who have less posts will not be able to post links straight away so please be patient.

We had unexpected visitors who tried to plague the site with their unqualified scholarly work and it meant a lot of hard work admin trying to keep this site safe and clean. For this reason, I also make good use of the app to see if there are any such posts so this site remains clean InshaAllah.

@brother Abu Taalib, Yep, Jazakallah. It has been known and discussed here before and that i live here.

;)

Enjoy your stay.
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd February 2013 13:10
Quote:
but you know the mods of the various internet forums [generally speaking not ref. to you] act like despots[/quote]

We have a written guideline, policies and rules so inshaAllah the above mentioned behaviour will not happen inshaAllah.

Quote:
they'll only keep what they like and nothing which goes against their nafs, so if someone has worked hard and created a thread / post...only to see it locked or deleted or moved to some obscure sub section, it demotivates you, thats why keeping blogs is the way to go.

I totally agree with you. This has happened to me on a Linux forum when setting up something and to get information on a type of server. Without notice it was just removed because you can't offer to pay someone (most weird that I didn't want it free and offered to pay). Put me off completely. Alhamdulillah I don't think this has ever happened here. Unless it's absolutely Haraam, hateful, disrespectful without any intent to inform or be constructive it would not be removed. We have move threads to private forums instead of removing where only those interested would get access such as debates and refutations.

[quote]Plus, working on the blog, formatting & all that stuff, then creating a thread across forums, copying pasting formatting again and again is a lot of work. LOT of work.
It took me approximately 10 seconds to update your post above (in the original topic). With the html editor, pasting does not require formatting. Wasn't a "LOT" of work at all.

Jazakallah
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 6th April 2014 14:41
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 6th April 2014 16:51
Deoband wrote:
View original post

The thread was locked as it was getting heated. The two quotes were not aimed at anyone at all. It was about the arguments. However, you are free to join the usergroup "debates and refutations" and post the above post there as this will just start that same locked thread again here. I have marked the above post as reported for that very reason.

You can access your thread above by clicking edit (you can copy and paste it as a new thread there)

Wassalam
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 7th April 2014 23:58
Yasin wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah khair for the option.

I'll let it go since not much purpose would be served in a forum section which is hidden from the majority of the readers here, many of whom might have witnessed, or have been duped by, baseless (or yet to be substantiated) claims and accusations that derailed an otherwise beneficial thread containing encouragement by brothers towards greater taqwa.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2014 07:12
Mufti Yasin wrote:

When this was suggested recently to a member the reply was that the debates section is private so there's no benefit coz everyone won't read it in which case it seems that the intention for this is to humiliate, defame or simply cause Fitnah instead of identifying and maybe even resolving some issues.[/quote]

Assalamualaykum,

It should not be too difficult to work out that most people who would have read this thread will automatically assume (correctly or incorrectly) that your statement above about a member whose intentions appeared to be to "humiliate, defame, or simply cause Fitnah", was in reference to myself.

I have the right to clear my name and testify to the intention in my heart. In fact, there is a need to elaborate fully on my intention, in order to set the record straight:

[quote=MY INTENTION]"Since passing by this forum and having inadvertently got caught up in a particular discussion, I happened to come across numerous slanderous statements designed to humiliate, defame, and attract ridicule on a senior Mufti.

MY INTENTION was to dispel academically those slanderous statements in the very same domain - not in some private restricted domain, nor do I currently intend to take it to a wider level outside the domain of this website.

The senior Mufti is not in need of my defense, since Allah (azza wa jal) will take care of him and will have declared war on his behalf. There is no need to expound on the danger that awaits those who are reckless with their tongues and/or are complicit actively or passively in the crimes against a Wali of Allah - and one in this case who was so easily accessible if any one of us was unable to adopt the requisite patience and humility which recognises the fact that some fatwas may perhaps be currently beyond our chaotically varying intellects.

However, since I happened to witness such slanderous comments for myself, and I am able by the Will of Allah (azza wa jal) to prove to everyone here ACADEMICALLY how correct some of these fatwas are, AND how devious, false and slanderous the claims made against him are, I am obliged to do what is within my power."

That in summary was my intention in the recent thread.

I trust you will leave it uncensored for the benefit of those who would have assumed doubts about me.

I will leave it at that for now.

Was-salaam
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2014 12:04

Deoband wrote:
View original post

PM sent to our respected Hazrat (in addition to multiple attempts and requests to understand the issue and the problem) and this has been done before, during and now after the intervention of Maulana Yasin Saheb (HA).

Asslamo Allaikum Hazrat Deoband Saheb (HA),

This is my repeated request for you to let me know what is it that has upset you? I asked repeatedly in the thread about "Fatwa vs Taqwa", I opened an exclusive thread for you to clarify your response.

If you wish to speak on the thread opened in debates, phone, email, WhatsApp whatever you prefer to discuss why your feelings have been hurt please let me know.

I  have clearly retracted the words and made Taubah in the same thread which hurt your feelings with regard to Shaykh (Mufti) A.S. Desai (HA), there is no ambiguity in it whatsoever. Even if I had become a Kaafir after my retraction, apology and Taubah the Shariah DOES NOT permit you to carry on with these ill feelings.

I have discussed the stance of Shaykh (Mufti) A. S. Desai (HA) with regards to Qiblah (which you were NOT even aware of it until last week) and vaccinations, I have also highlighted his ascription of Kuf'r to Shaykh (Maulana) Tariq Jameel (HA) and calling Shaykh (Maulana) Ebraheem Bham (HA) a "Reverend" which I believe is unjustified.

I don't apologies for anything in the last paragraph but open to any dialogue as per your terms to show my error and when proven I will retract apologies and seek forgiveness as per the commandments of Shariah.

I have sought this from you multiple times and I will continue to do so.

Jazakallahu Khayran

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2014 12:47
Deoband wrote:
View original post

Brother you chose to let it go in your previous post, but you have continued. You had the option to continue in the debates section but you chose not to, but continued with the same topic from one thread to another.

As advised, please continue in the debates section.
جزاك الله خيرا
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Muftisays Forum
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2014 14:03
Thread locked until admins are available to deal with issues on thread., Jazakallah.
+2 -0Like x 2