Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Muftisays iPhone App on iTunes (kind of Alhamdulillah)

Jump to page:

You have contributed 30.1% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taalibah, rizmalek, sweetmuslimahk1, Rumo, TalibatunNoor, member2, abu mohammed, Seifeddine-M
6 guests appreciate this topic.
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2012 06:48
The reason i dont agree with this is because its a waste of time, when instead we can be earning alot of reward by praying Quran.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Qatar, Doha
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2012 06:50
Anonymous wrote:
The reason i dont agree with this is because its a waste of time, when instead we can be earning alot of reward by praying Quran.

then why are you wasting your time here............. and not reading the quran?

Good bye

+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2012 06:51
nowadays we spend alot of time on our phones, than praying, which is a shame really.
+0 -1Dislike x 1
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2012 06:54
what use is an app for muftisays?
+0 -2Dislike x 2
Rank Image
Qatar, Doha
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2012 06:56
The main reason i want this app is for the ease of access to forums.

dont care at the moment about media etc etc.

Let me at the app, for me to use and then inshallah I will fully help with the next update sugesstions and tips and definately with the funding insha'Allah

bugsies first on donations for the next update!!

you have it in writing!!
No post ratings
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2012 07:06
i havent come here to argue, but my point is we should spend more time praying Quran, than on internet or our phones. We should time our selves and see if we spend more time on the internet/phone or praying Quran.
+0 -3Dislike x 3
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2012 07:10
nowadays majority of the youth spends more time on the internet/phone than praying. Something needs to be done, so that we spend more time praying. Especially quran since its the best form of worship.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2012 07:44
Anonymous wrote:
nowadays majority of the youth spends more time on the internet/phone than praying. Something needs to be done, so that we spend more time praying. Especially quran since its the best form of worship.

Masha.Allah, nobody is here to argue, and what you are saying is correct, that is how it is with most people today and not just the youth. The media section consists of bayans by respected scholars and anasheeds, etc. There's nothing to feel concerned about, the media section has been set up without anything impermissible, please check it yourself.

If anything I feel this section is praiseworthy as it keeps users away from the general impermissible media on other blogs and forums. Where foul language, music and nudity is strife.

..and yes the holy Quran should be recited in abundance, the media section is not here to replace that, just like the rest of the forum.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2012 07:51
I agree with the guest too, but at the same time agree to disagree.

I have seen people coming closer to the deen, just because of these apps and Islamic sites. Alhumdulillah the Quran is by far the best, but majority of the ummah need a different method of understanding it, and this comes via research, reading, understanding etc, which comes from these sites.

I have read the whole Quran in English and then again in Arabic via my apps. These phones and the internet can be a fitna and they can be a means of guidance. Depends how each one of us use it.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2012 10:05

"Anonymous" wrote:
what use is an app for muftisays?[/quote]

Well this is what The Android version does for us so far. (The iPhone may not do all this on first version, but inshaAllah, slowly but surely both the iPhone and Android app will continue to benefit the Muslims around the world with Authentic info from Our school of thought, The Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaa'ah)

[quote]

Description

A very simple app bringing you a live Q&A search from muftisays.com, gmwa Halaal Foodguide and now askimam.org. But that's not all, this app is now packed with so much unique contents making it one of the most useful amongst the Islamic apps on the market. So much contents for such a small app.

Qualified scholars answering (Islamic Jurisprudence) queries from the public online in light of Qur'aan, Hadeeth and Ijmaa' in the Hanafi Madhab.

Features:
Browse and Search Muftisays Question and Answers
View the latest from the forums
Sign into forums and see how much is unread and if you have private messages
Forum update alerts with PM alerts
View PM and Reply
Search GMWA Halaal Foodguide Service
E-Numbers guide (available offline too)
Multimedia Library - Browse, listen and download Qur'aan, Talks and Nasheeds
MSNS - Listen to the live MSNS station directly from our app
Hundreds of 100% Halaal videos from our member submitted video section
Convert video to mp3 and download
Islamic books library
Random Words of Wisdom from our forum thread
Islamic Fact of the Day (or month)
Random short stories (fools and foolish stories)
Links to very useful resources such as accurate Qiblah location, 120+ evidences from the Hanafi Madhab and more
Post suggestions and queries directly to our forum thread via the app
Version 4 brings you Q&A from askimam.org of Mufti Ebrahim Desai

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Sister
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2012 10:24
Assalamu'alaykum,
Just wanted to ask, what will be available on the app for apple to accept it?
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2012 10:45

Comparison of features

Feature Android Apple
Browse and Search Muftisays Question and Answers
View the latest from the forums
Sign into forums and see how much is unread and if you have private messages ?
Forum update alerts with PM alerts x
View PM and Reply x
Search GMWA Halaal Foodguide Service
E-Numbers guide (available offline too)
Multimedia Library - Browse, listen and download Qur'aan, Talks and Nasheeds ?
MSNS - Listen to the live MSNS station directly from our app ?
Hundreds of 100% Halaal videos from our member submitted video section
Convert video to mp3 and download x
Islamic books library
Random Words of Wisdom from our forum thread
Islamic Fact of the Day (or month)
Random short stories (fools and foolish stories)
Links to very useful resources such as accurate Qiblah location, 120+ evidences from the Hanafi Madhab and more
Share Q&A, forum posts, Words of Wisdom, Quotes etc via Bluetooth, SMS, Email or installed Apps that support posting x
Post suggestions and queries directly to our forum thread via the app
Version 4 brings you Q&A from askimam.org of Mufti Ebrahim Desai x

It's not that far off. Question mark means currently unsure and may possibly be removed to be approved by apple.

If I have missed any, please let me know.

No post ratings
UK
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2012 10:52

"Anonymous" wrote:
i havent come here to argue, but my point is we should spend more time praying Quran, than on internet or our phones. We should time our selves and see if we spend more time on the internet/phone or praying Quran. [/quote]Jazakallah. I am not replying to argue either but maybe this is more suitable as a new topic to combat time wasting such as games and social media. Posting this in a topic that is trying to provide a Halaal means of something in a place that is infested with Fitnah and fake Islamic apps, sites, lies and propaganda only means that you have not understood the meaning of service of Deen. Also, to say that people read Qur'aan more, what makes you think they already don't?

[quote]nowadays majority of the youth spends more time on the internet/phone than praying. Something needs to be done, so that we spend more time praying. Especially quran since its the best form of worship.

You were on the internet when posting this right? Why weren't you reading Qur'aan?

Further posts that are negative, pointless and baseless will be removed from this topic. I can understand Kuffaar putting us off when trying to do the right thing but as a Muslim, I think you should rethink where the real shame lies. Jazakallah

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2012 10:55
The (Android) App also has the ability to share the information like Question and Answers or links to the forums etc via

Bluetooth, Facebook, Friend Stream, email, WhatsApp etc, SMS, Peep, Twitter, and what ever means of messaging you have. This is very helpful too.

No post ratings
UK
Brother
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 12th September 2012 11:01
Jazakallah. Table updated.

Ps. I've just read from previous page. Very unhelpful and out of place posts by the guest. I have disabled guests from posting in this category. If you wish to post here, please register. Jazakumullah
+1 -0Like x 1

Jump to page: