Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

Muftisays Android App on Market

Jump to page:

You have contributed 10.1% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
member2, Taqwah, super-glue, sweetmuslimahk1, Muadh_Khan, Taalibah, abu mohammed, dr76, muslim11
3 guests appreciate this topic.
UK
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2012 15:00
Oh right, can it? I did add the option to what I thought would allow it (have no idea about all this) so did it work? And if it did work, what do I put as the feature or is it something people put on their apps as a "feature" ?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2012 15:06
I have an app (app2SD) that tells me that the new app is moveable. I just let it move it for me.

I think you should say in the description that it can be moved to the SD card. I've seen many reports about other apps saying that this app kills my phone, make it movable etc, so, yes I guess its worth making it noticable
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2012 15:38
Our app kills ur phone? Thats not good. how so? I will add description later inshaAllah
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2012 16:08
Not muftisays app, that's a general comment. Sorry, I thought I was clear.
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2012 16:12
Oh, I kept it as low on resources and process as possible. *phew*

jazakallah
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2012 23:01

Going to move mine on the SD card, before it kills my phone! didn't check if it was moveable, thanks for highlighting it, would've really struggled with the updates.
If you go into phone memory it shows which apps you can move onto the SD card so you can free up some phone memory.

When you go into apps market, and go into my apps, shows you list of your downloaded applications, mine showed that muftisays app needed updating.

Please note that even after applications are moved to SD card, some element of phone memory is,still used.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2012 23:07
That's correct, some memories remain. Lol.

Muftisays does not kill the phone memory. Other apps do, some on of them are 60mb, this is less than 5mb.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2012 23:23
Can't beleive it, abu Muhammad coming up backwards.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2012 23:27
Sorry I mean your signature in Arabic, was trying to read the Arabic font and I couldnt, thought it was some Dua or something, its your username backwards, sorry off topic but was that written backwards on purpose?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 30th April 2012 23:42
Nope, unfortunately that's Android for you, or it could just be HTC. The Arabic is backwards.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2012 06:21
Never crossed my mind that the Arabic was backwards, just presumed my phone did not recognise the Arabic font, especially in emails and txt msgs, now it makes sense.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2012 11:25

"abu mohammed" wrote:
Nope, unfortunately that's Android for you, or it could just be HTC. The Arabic is backwards.

http://www.muftisays.com/forums/sharing-portal/6537/pictures-from-your-mobile-%28or-camera%29.html?p=34608#34608

I took an image of my phone, because whilst debating with the Salafi on this forum, I had to prove to them that my phone does not display Arabic correctly.

Alhumdulillah, if I ever was to rate the Iphone over my phone, then it would only be because of the Arabic support. But I dont rate the Iphone. lol.

Sorry, back to topic.

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2012 11:27

Asslamo Allaikum,

Android does natively support RTL (Right to left languages) but in UK many phones for some reason take it out and only install English. There is a thread on Arabic support on the phone (Android) on the forum somewhere...

I have Samsung Galaxy S2 and I have hacked it to put ICS (hacked version) so Arabic works fine but most phones won't work!

Jazakullah Khairun

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2012 11:34

"Muadh_Khan" wrote:

Asslamo Allaikum,

Android does natively support RTL (Right to left languages) but in UK many phones for some reason take it out and only install English. There is a thread on Arabic support on the phone (Android) on the forum somewhere...

I have Samsung Galaxy S2 and I have hacked it to put ICS (hacked version) so Arabic works fine but most phones won't work!

Jazakullah Khairun

Its not just Android, My Windows 6.5 also shows Arabic Backwards, but the newer version of Windows 7 I have installed onto my handset displays Arabic correctly but not exactly the way we would want to see it.

Hacking is the biggest advantage, It opens many doors unlike certain other brand(s).

By the way, most apps that need to be paid for on the Iphone are free on android, another advantage.

Back to the topic, How are you guys finding the app and what do you think is the best bit about it?

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2012 13:26
One of those whom I emailed the app to, is and IT engineer and builds servers and PCs etc.

He asked at first if it would work on his BlackBerry! then a couple of days later, he said he got an android phone and installed it. Alhumdulillah.

What surprised me was the next question. "I Dowloaded that Muftisays thing, what do I do?"

"Use it as an app" was all I could respond with. IT Engineer, come on! I know where I must not go to for IT support. lol
No post ratings

Jump to page: