You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taalibah
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 30th November 2014 19:40

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuh. Firstly let me clarify I am not a BNP or a UKIP supporter nor am I affiliated with any anti-immigration group! However, recently I just started working for a local authority supporting children who had come into the UK without an adult to claim asylum (UASC). They get a fair amount of support from the local authority with regards to welfare benefits, education grants and incentives and social housing. I do not want to discuss whether the country should do this or not  but my question is what is the under lying reason why the UK government provide so much support for refugees? Please do not say it is because they have good hearts and care about humanity! Is there some long term objective?

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 30th November 2014 19:58
Salaam

No long term objective you could say its a bit of a precedent, in fact its something they have always done,The UK legal system is something which is still deeply rooted in the old common law system something which they have begun to change now slowly slowly, sometimes to its benefit and sometimes to its detriment.

Sometimes it pays off when they give support to the genuine and needy like oprhans, victims etc however sometimes it goes horribly wrong when they grant asylum to thugs like Altaf Hussain and other criminals who often go on to commit more crimes later and then further are usually locked up for a long time or deported.

Then on the other hand you get people who blatantly lie to fraud their system, whatever their reasons may be.

So stop thinking conspiracy theory and remain 'impartial'.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 30th November 2014 22:11
Malak wrote:
View original post

I'm not certain but from many years back I remember reading something on how much millions each country receives if they fill a certain quota on immigrants/refugees....I still believe this is the case, as I've not heard or read anything to the contrary.

The countries wanting to gain more money take on more...the ones with less debt don't bother with it.....I'd like to believe it's on humanitarian basis, but I highly doubt that's the case.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 1st December 2014 10:00

Malak wrote:
View original post

W-Salam,

Very good topic to discuss, Masha’Allah.

Its obvious!

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd December 2014 08:50
@Brother Jinn, totally agree about remaining impartial. The weirdest thing I heard from someone was that countries accept Muslim refugees so they slowly turn away from deen when they settle in their new country, then the plan is for them to return to their country of origin and spoil everyone there.

Taalibah wrote:
View original post
I have heard something similar to this. For every refugee a country takes in they receive some money from the world bank.

Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post
It's obvious? Not to me it isn't! I am guessing it has something to do with money.

Also it is quite sad to see many young Afghani, Iraqi and Kurdish coming to the country as young boys, housed in an area which is far from a masjid, so the only time they will go is on a Friday and slowly losing their connection with deen. They do not have no sort of mentor and with the freedom and financial support they receive SOME of them just do what they want
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd December 2014 09:43
Since religion seems to be an issue. I ave seen and heard people make silly remarks such as, "I Love this country, it gives me freedom to do what I want" and then stop practising their religion because they feel that the religion is only country based.

I've heard such statements from Afghans, Bosnians, Turks, Kurds, Indians, Pakistani's, Saudi's, Lebanese, Palestinians, and the list can go on.

Eventually, atheism kicks in after the Kufr!
No post ratings