Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Arabs are beyond criticisms!

Jump to page:

You have contributed 4.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#61 [Permalink] Posted on 21st August 2014 15:33
the mistake in that hypothetical would be specifying countries when talking about the problems of the ummah. As you have seen here, and when such things are brought up in public, it almost never fails to open up a can of worms then people will start throwing other countries in the mix, then shaitan sprinkles some nationalism in the argument, then it all spirals downhill.

If you want to address these issues for the reformation of the ummah, and these things do need to be discussed, then do it in the proper setting and not amongst the common folk in public.

It's also part of the Usool in dawah & tabligh not to talk about the sicknesses of the ummah amongst the masses because it almost never fails in opening up other problems.

From the book jamiul Usool:

-2 Sicknesses of the Ummah

Sicknesses of the Ummah is its widespread disobedience in the form of major and minor sins. So we do not say, "The people are ruined because they are like this and are like that.." It may be that we drag our talk into backbiting them and have discussions against their honor. Rasulullah Sallahu 'alahi wa sallam said: He who says the people are ruined, he himself is the most ruined of them all. Rather we strive to reform them with wisdom and beautiful counsel.

Shaikh Abdul Fattah Abu Ghuddah رحمة الله عليه has a nice chapter in his book, Rasulullah (saw) and his teaching methodologies on how he (saw) corrected people without specifying who they were etc.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -0Like x 2Winner x 2
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#62 [Permalink] Posted on 21st August 2014 16:48
Sulaiman84 wrote:
View original post

Hafiz saheb, you've to bear in mind that you are in Boston, USA- a cosmopolitan country. There you should restrict yourself from speaking about a particular country because you don't know that the person sitting beside you is (or his ancestors are) from that country. So consequences might not be good. However, in my country elders frequently narrate in details what they witnessed during their journey in XYZ country and Alhamdulillaah people eagerly listen these.

I'm aware about that Hadith you mentioned. Alhamdulillaah I consider myself as worse than others, yet thank Allaah for whatever good deeds I can do and make Du'a for others. But if we've no right to condemn evil activities of a particular country, how can we fulfill the obligation of forbidding evil?
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#63 [Permalink] Posted on 21st August 2014 17:52
Black Turban wrote:
View original post

They're taught and trained to obey their elders. They accept every hadis without finding out its authenticity.

Regarding this issue that Arab shouldn't be criticised, ahadis are included in ''Muntakhab ahadis'' of Hazrat Molana Yusuf Kandhelvi rh.a, the grandfather of Hazrat Molana Saad sahab HA.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#64 [Permalink] Posted on 21st August 2014 17:58
We also have to bear in mind that those who are visiting this Islamic forum are from all around the world. How are we supposed to know which reader is or isn't Arab (or from any other muslim country or ethnicity for that matter)?

You can start by forbidding munkar in general terms in public, leaving out countries and ethnicities behind.
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#65 [Permalink] Posted on 21st August 2014 18:00
afriki_haqq wrote:
View original post

Neo Deo...?
How do you know?

Fatwa of DU deoband is a daleel for us.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#66 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2014 07:47
Sulaiman84 wrote:
View original post

السلام عليكم bro. Its been a while since our paths ve crossed online. ;)
Any link to that book online?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#67 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2014 12:03
Wa alaikum as salam Dr sahib,

I can't seem to figure out how to quote posts on my phone...

The Shafi'i madhhab is quite interesting:-). I'm with a Malaysian jama'at and have been learning some masa'il from them...pretty ajeeb stuff.

Don't think there's a pdf of the book online but when I get back home tomorrow, I'll post some relavent excerpts from the book InshaAllah.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#68 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2014 16:21
Sulaiman84 wrote:
View original post

MashaAllah great.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#69 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2014 16:54
Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

Muntakhab Ahadith wrote:
236. Sa'd رضي الله عنه narrates that Rasulullah (saw) said: No one who intends evil for the people of Madinah except that Allah will melt him in the fire, like the melting of lead or the dissolving of salt in water. (Muslim)

237. Jabir ibn 'Abdullah رضي الله عنهما narrates: I heard Rasulullah (saw) saying: He, who frightens the residents of Madinah, frightens me. (Musnad Ahmad, Majma-'uz-Zawaid)

238. 'Abdullah ibn 'Umar رضي الله عنهما narrates that Rasulullah (saw) said: He who can die in Madinah, let him die there; verily I shall intercede for those who die there. (Ibne Hibban)

239. Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه narrates that Rasulullah (saw) said: No one amongst my Ummah who will endure the hardship and rigour of Madinah, without my being an intercessor or witness on his behalf on the Day of Resurrection. (Muslim)

Which of these Ahadith says Arabs are beyond criticisms?

Even if we accept that yes they are, then

>thousands of 'Ulama must repent immediately for condemning bad actions of Arab leaders and Arab people.

>an Arab can't criticize another Arab for his bad actions because rules are applicable for everyone.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#70 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2014 16:58
Next time I'll refrain myself from mentioning Tableeghi Jamaat even if it's relevant. Because my question was general and I wanted to know what does Shari'ah say regarding this matter. Unfortunately the thread has lost its track.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#71 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd August 2014 02:13
Sulaiman84 wrote:
View original post

As I told earlier, if you are correct, then immediately numerous 'Ulama and several Tablighee elders of high caliber must repent because they frequently narrate karguzari of different countries (mainly about degeneration of Muslims living there).
+0 -0Disagree x 1
#72 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd August 2014 03:50
salam. brother arfatzafar n sulaiman have a point there. the words used against the arabians are very much disturbing and annoying......i wish more decent approach coming.......jazakAllahu khair.(indonesia)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#73 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd August 2014 16:29
Black Turban wrote:
View original post

The difference is when these ulama and karguzaris are given, whether it be in the form of giving a report, constructive criticism or Nahi 'Anil Munkar, are usually not given online and exposed to every Bakr, Zaid and Abdullah. They also have more generalizations and less specifications, especially when it comes to ethnicity.

Ulama have laid conditions for forbidding Munkar, one of which is: If the evil one intends to stop will lead to similar or greater evil, then other means should be used to stop that evil which, though perhaps less effective, will avoid that second evil.

So you can answer this question yourself: When criticism is given by ulama and in karguzaris over there, is the reaction by the people the same as it is when done online for example, here?
+2 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#74 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2014 10:56
Sulaiman84 wrote:
View original post

Brother, it's not about online or offline. I'm saying in general sense. And if you bother yourself about reactions of audience while talking, then you can never convey the complete message of Haqq. For example, you are talking about Haraam relationships (in general way without specifying person/incident), the young guy who is in such a relationship may dislike it because according to his "ijtihad" he isn't doing Haraam by just talking to a girl (i.e. I'm not in Haraam physical relationship!). Or you are saying that selling, buying, consuming alcohol is Haraam, but you don't know that a restaurant owner is present there who sells alcohol. There are numerous such issues.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#75 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2014 11:06
Assalamu alaykum

awaiting reply from Hafiz sahib;

My few cents here:

There are two things here; one is Islah, another is broadcasting. Islah is wajib, broadcasting is haram, that is what we have learned.

When we do Islah; If we take the person in question as our near and dear; Say it got revealed (Allah forbid) my new brother law or son in law is involved in haraam activities; what shall I do; broadcasting or Islah. I find ways, may be I use the services of TJ saathhees or some sufee shaykh.

But I never never broadcast this.
+1 -0Like x 1

Jump to page: