You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Taalibah, the fake shaykh, ummi taalib, dr76, Jinn
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2014 15:30
This will be a thread dedicated to death. Death is the greatest admonisher. Please feel free to post from various sources;

The Prophet Muhammad (May Allahbless him and grant him peace) once took hold of 'Abdullah ibn 'Umar's shoulders and said:"Be in this world as if you are a stranger or a traveler." (Bukhârî, Riqaq, no. 5)It was with these thoughts that 'Abdullâh ibn 'Umar (May Allah bepleased with both of them) always gave
the following advice in his sermons:
"If you survive till the evening, do not expect to be alive in the morning, and if you survive till the morning, do not expect to be alive in the evening, and take (precaution or preparations) from your health for your sickness, and (take) from your life for your death"(Bukhârî,Riqaq, no. 3)
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2014 15:34
The real life is the world of the hereafter.
Do muraqebae Hayat."that there is a better place waiting for me after death,more serene,more beautiful,more luxurious,more safe...where there will be life forever,no death,no disease,no misery.....and that I can reach that place only if I do well in this life of dunya,live according to sharia and gain pleasure of Allah"
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2014 15:37
Al Hayy - The Living

If you are reading this you are projecting a shadow of the mirror reflection of the siffat Al Hayy, the quality of Al Hayy of Allah swt. Al Hayy, the Living. I am alive, living, but I dont myself possess life, it is given to me. I am now 20 something years old, where was I 30 something years ago, where was I 40 years ago, where was I 100 years ago? Not a thing even mentioned. If I truly was living, as in possessed the quality of Living, then I would have been alive. I will one day die, that day can be any day. If I truly myself possessed the quality of Living then there would be no question of death.

Allah swt says in the Quran very openly and clearly in Surah Baqara ayah 28:

How can you disbelieve in Allah when you were lifeless and He brought you to life; then He will cause you to die...

He openly and clearly says you were lifeless, He brought you to life, then He will cause you to die (again). So death, then life is given, then return to death, so what do we truly possess ourselves? Death. The life is given to us, our lot is death. Suicide is haraam, why? If you truly possessed life, if life was your lot then you can do with it what you wish, you can keep it or take your own life, but suicide is haraam, forbidden. Because life is not your possession but it is given to you. It belongs to someone else therefore you have no freedom to commit suicide. Its not your possession.

A painter has an idea in his head of a garden. He pictures in his knowledge how this garden will look, how the garden is set up, if there is a gravel road through it, if there is a stream along it, if there are trees in this garden or not, if there is a birds nest in one of the branches or not, what kind of birds are in the nest, what the roses and tulips look like, what the dirt looks like, what the thorns look like and how many there are, the entire image of the garden exists first in the knowledge of the painter. Then the painter begins to slowly put one thing at a time down on the canvas, he brings the ideas in his knowledge to life on the canvas.

Whenever Al Hayy wills He takes the ideas in His infinite and perfect knowledge and gives them life. Whenever He wills He takes that life away and gives them death. Another term for His ideas is makhluq, creation. Makhluq, creation, meaning, something that is created.

What does this mean for us?

You were lifeless, He gave you life, a chance to live. This is a tremendous favor and blessing of His upon you. Thank Him. Love Him, He gave you the chance to live so you can do what you are doing and earn what you are earning, the basic necessity everyone has is life. You do not possess the quality of Hayy yourself, it is given to you. If someone trusted you with their money telling you how to spend out of it how would you handle that trust? It doesnt belong to you, it is given to you, you are trusted with it. Use Life in the way its Giver wants you to use it.
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2014 15:38
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2014 15:39
We fear death because of our false association with this world of illusions,as we have assumed ourself to be part of it. As for our Irada and Ikhtiyar,that is incomplete anyway ما تشاؤون الا ان يشاء الله ....We can't even 'will' unless the 'the will of Allah swt' is associated with it.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2014 15:51
Frequently Remember Death...

"Remember death frequently. Do not avoid its remembrance, for it is a means of helping one in abstaining from sins and preparing for the Hereafter.

Those people who remember death and prepare for it have been termed 'clever and intelligent' by Rasūlullāh sallalahu alayhi wasallam."

shaykh.org/
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2014 15:53
Occupy your Heart with Allāh Ta'ala

"Whatever is inside a person's heart will emerge at the time of death. If the love for Allāh ta'ala is in a person's heart then at the time of death this will become apparent, and if the love of the world is in the heart then this too will show at the time of death.

Take the example of a parrot; you can teach it to say the word 'Allāh' and it may say 'Allāh' all day long. However, when a cat pounces at it, only then will the reality emerge, i.e. it will resort to its natural voice and squawk in alarm. It will not say 'Allāh', as it was merely on its tongue, not in its heart.

Similarly, someone who outwardly shows religiosity will not be able to depart with Imān, whilst the one whose heart is illuminated with the love of Allāh ta'ala will leave happily with the kalimah on his tongue.

Therefore, we must strive to illuminate our heart with the love of Allāh ta'ala so that we depart from this world towards Jannah wholeheartedly with this love and remembrance."

shaykh.org/
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2014 18:44
Sayyiduna Abu Malik al-Ash'ari رضي الله عنه said at the time of his death:

"O listeners from the Ash'ariyyeen! Convey these words to those who are not present. I heard the Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم say, 'The sweetness of this world will be a means of a bitter Hereafter. And, if you take this world as bitter and keep it bitter, you will taste the sweetness of the Hereafter.'" [1] [2]

Notes:

[1] Ahmad and Tabarani

[2] Maulana Yusuf Motala: Final Moments of the Pious, p. 61
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 21st July 2014 00:55
Salam

I saw someone in a coma today, was a terrible feeling. His family have been waiting for days and don't know if he'll wake up or not.

Just makes you realise how short life is and how anything can happen at any time. The guy is their lifeless, his body shudders at the odd time but that's about it, he's their and everyone is waiting and no one knows if he'll wake up or not, no one knows if he will ever return to normal. He can't even say one Subhanallah, this person is also a top guy.

So my brethren make the most out of NOW, it's Ramadan now the doors of Jannah are open, the doors of Hell have been locked and if you want to get in there you'll have to break in, for Jannah Allah azza wa jal is looking for excuses to grant me and you paradise.

Oh my brethren those who have passed on from this world would love to come back and spend their time wisely and properly, one day me and you will go as well so lets make the most of now as tomorrow is not guaranteed at all. Life is short, temporary, anything can happen at any time. Plus once were gone there's no coming back..that's it times up.

Requesting duas ...
+5 -0Like x 2Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 21st July 2014 01:58
بسم الله الرحمن اللرحيم
السلام عليكم

Desire for the Aakhirah by Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi (rahimahullah)
DesireForTheAakhirah-MaulanaMujaddidAshrafAliThanv
Downloads: 215
    [2454.74 kB] Desire for aakhirah
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 5th August 2014 14:32
السلام عليكم

One of the best lectures that I have heard is Shaykh Hasan Ali's 'Hereafter Series'.

I guarantee you that it will have some effect on you whatsoever, and if you genuinely want to know what happens after death then this is a must watch series, couldn't recommend it any further, do watch it as it might change you for good.

Part 1- The Beginning of the End - Shaykh Hasan Ali
Halalified YT Audio

Part 2- 6 Feet Under
Halalified YT Audio

Part 3- Dead Rising
Halalified YT Audio

Part 4- The Day Hands Will Speak 1/2
Halalified YT Audio

Part 5- The Day Hands Will Speak 2/2
Halalified YT Audio

Part 6- The Bridge Sharper Than A Sword, Thinner Than A Hair
Halalified YT Audio

Part 7- Final Destination Will It Be Jannah/Jahannam 1/2
Halalified YT Audio

Part 8- Final Destination Will It Be Jannah/Jahannam 2/2
Halalified YT Audio

Q&A on 'The Hereafter Series' - Shaykh Hasan Ali
Halalified YT Audio
+5 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 5th August 2014 15:20
The Bodyguard - Sheikh Ahmed Ali Surah Mulk Memorizing Made Easy

Youtube Video - Halalified (Video Only)

Muftisays Halalified YouTube Script

Play Video
You need Flash player 8+ and JavaScript enabled to view this video.

Only 30 Ayahs/Verses- takes less than 5 minutes, lets all try to make a habit of reading this before bed even if it might be the only thing we do.
Quote:
Sayyiduna Abu Hurayra رضي الله عنه reports that Rasulullah(saw) said, 'Verily there is a Surah in the Qur'aan which has 30 Aayats. It had interceded for a person till he was forgiven. That Surah is 'Tabaaraka llaahiy biyadihil mulk'.' (Sunan Tirmidhi Hadith2891)

Imaam Tirmidhi has classified this narration as Hasan (sound) and Imaam ibn Hibbaan and al-Haakim regarded it as Sahih (authentic). See Saheeh ibn Hibbaan vol.3 pg.67-69 and Mustadrak al-Haakim vol.2 pg.498

The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said 'There is a surah in the Qur'an which is only thirty verses. It defended whoever recited it until it puts him into paradise' i.e. Surah al Mulk
[Fath al Qadir 5/257, Sahihul Jamiea 1/680, Tabrani in Al-Awsat & Ibn Mardawaith]

The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said 'Surah al Mulk is the protector from the torment of the grave'
[Sahihul Jamiea 1/680, Hakim 2/498 & Nasai]

Jabir(radiAllahu anhu) said it was the custom of the Prophet (salAllahualayhi wasalam) not to go to sleep until he had read TabarakallahiBiyadihil Mulk and Alif Laam Meem Tanzeel.
[Ahmad, Tirmidhi and Darami]

Anas (radiAllahu anhu) reported Rasulullah (sallallahu alaiyhi wasalam) as saying, "There is a Surah which will plead for its reciter till it causes him to enter paradise (Tabarakallahi Biyadihil Mulk)."
[at-Tabrani]

Abdullah Ibn 'Abbas (radiAllahu anhu) reported that the Prophet (salAllahualayhi wasalam)said, 'It is my desire/love that Surahtul Mulk should be in the heart of every Muslim'
[Hakim, al-Hisnul Haseen by the cassical scholar Muhammad al-Jazri]

Ibn Abbas (radiAllahu anhu) said that one of the Prophet (salAllahu alayhiwasalam)'s companions set up his tent over a grave without realising that it was a grave and it contained a man who was reciting the Surah Tabarakallahi Biyadihil Mulk up to the end. He went and told the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) who said, 'It is The Defender; it is The Protector which safeguards from Allah Ta'ala's punishment'
[at-Tirmidhi]

Khalidbin Madam (tabie) said about surat Al Mulk and 'As Sajda that these two surahs will fight for their reciter in the grave and will say, 'O Allah! If we belong to your book, accept our intercession in his favour. In case we do not, get us obliterated. These surahs will spread their wings like birds and will save the person from the torment of the grave.'
[Mishkat al-Misbah]

Sayyiduna ibn Mas'ood (Radhiallaahu Anhu) is reported to have said, 'A man will be approached in his grave from his legs and from his chest and then from his head. And each time this Surah will defend him by saying, 'You cannot do anything to him, he used to recite Surah Mulk'.'

Sayyiduna ibn Mas'ood رضي الله عنه further states, 'It is called, 'Al-maani'ah'. For it protects from the punishment of the grave.' (Mustadrak al-Haakim vol.2 pg.498). imam Haakim has classified this narration as Saheeh (authentic) and Haafiz Zahabiy has confirmed this.

It was narrated that Abdullah ibn Mas'ud said: Whoever reads Tabarakallahi Biyadihil Mulk [i.e. Surah al-Mulk] every night,Allah will protect him from the torment of the grave. At the time of the Messenger of Allah (saw) we used to call ital-mani'ah (that which protects). In the Book of Allah it Is a surah which, whoever recites it every night has done very well
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 5th August 2014 15:35
The Final Taste
by Hazrat Maulana Yunus Patel Saheb (rahmatullah alayh)

There is an incident related of a Sahabi (RA), who, on coming across the verse :
‘Every soul shall taste of death.’

…read it so many times that a voice was finally heard saying: ‘Your recitation has already caused the death of 4 Jinn.’

In Arabic, the word, ‘zaa`iqa’ means ‘to taste’.

We should connect this ayah (verse) with what we understand of ‘taste’. Sometimes the taste is bitter, sometimes it is sweet, and sometimes it is bitter-sweet. We have sugar-coated pills because everyone wants to taste sweetness. Everyone wants a taste of enjoyment.

Our beloved Allah Ta’ala is informing us of the final taste of this worldly life and that taste is the taste of death.

Death is an indisputable reality and each one has to experience it. So Allah Ta’ala tells us : “Every nafs shall taste of death.”

Since the taste of death is a must for everyone that enters into this world, we need to work on developing our spiritual appetite for death.

If we want sweetness in death, then our actions will have to be sweet. …I do not think we need to even ask if there is anyone that would like a death which is ‘bitter’.

Hazrat Maulana Yusuf (RA) delivered his last bayaan (talk) in Lahore, Pakistan. It was during this talk that he had a heart attack, and it was on the way to the hospital that he passed away. He was only in his 40s, so his death was very sudden and unexpected.

A woman, who was deeply grieved over his death, had a dream, in which she saw Hazrat Maulana Yusuf (RA). She asked him: ‘How did you pass away?’
He replied : “The Tajalli of Allah Ta’ala was so intense whilst giving that talk, that I could not bear it. A beautiful rose was then brought to me and as I smelt it, my soul departed.”

A few days later, Maulana Umar Palanpuri (RA) who was a close friend of Maulana Yusuf (RA), saw him in a dream and asked him: ‘Did you meet Rasulullah (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi waSallam)?’

He replied : ‘Yes. Come I will also take you.’ – and in the dream, he takes Maulana Umar Palanpuri (RA) with.

This is what we call “sweetness” of death.

To make our death sweet, we will have to make our a’maal (actions) sweet. We cannot expect roses and flowers to grow, if we plant thorns.

If we do A`maal-e-Sawleha (righteous deeds), then Allah Ta’ala promises a pleasurable life (Hayaatan Tayyibah) together with success in the next life.

“Whoever does righteousness, whether male or female, while he is a Believer - We will surely cause him to live a good life, and We will surely give them their reward (in the Hereafter) according to the best of what they used to do."
[Surah an-Nahl : 97]

…If not, then read the incidents of the nations of the past and the bitter end they met. …Allah Ta’ala protect us all.

yunuspatel.co.za/articles-the-final-taste.php
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 5th August 2014 16:41
Final Moments of Junaid Baghdadi

During the final moments of his life while on his death-bed he requested for wudhu. He was assisted to make wudhu. When the people forgot to make khilaal of his fingers, he reprimanded them. Khilaal was then made.

He went into Sajdah and wept profusely, they asked: "Why do you weep so much inspite of having worshipped so much?" Hadhrat Junaid said: "I never was so much in need as the present moment."

He then began tilaawat of the Qur'aan Shareef and said: "At this time there is no greater comforter for me than the Qur'aan. I am seeing the ibaadat of my entire life suspended in the air. A strong wind is swaying it. I do not know if this wind is a separator or an uniter (i.e. separating man from Allah or uniting him with Allah). On the other side I am observing Malakul Maut, the Siraat and the Just Judge. I do not know which way I will be commanded to go."

He recited 70 aayaat of Surah Baqarah and then lapsed into the state of Sakaraat (death throes). When people persisted that he recite 'Allah, Allah', he responded: "I have not forgotten Him." He commenced thikr and counting on his fingers the number of times. When he reached the Kalimah finger (forefinger) of his right hand, he raised it and recited Bismillahir . . . He closed his eyes for the last time.

Scattered Pearls
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 5th August 2014 16:45
The Death Poem (arabic/english)
Hadhrat Shaykh Moulana Muhammad Saleem Dhorat Saheb hafizahullah (D B)

Halalified YT Audio
+2 -0Like x 2